• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you allow homosexuals marriage then...

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
jmoum said:
Not if they can't make some beautiful babies out of it. No. Because that's the whole point of marriage in the first place. That's the general social consensus and I highly doubt that will change any time soon.
I have two beautiful babies. Same gender couples have children whether people like it or not. We have families we want to protect just as straight couples do. Why can't we do that?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
HopefulNikki said:
When allowing gay marriage will inevitably lead to the allowance of things that are universally despicable
Have you proved that 1) it will lead to these things and 2) these things are despicable and I just missed it? If so, please point me to the posts.

HopefulNikki

Maize said:
You expect me to just sit back and not say anything and let you tell me I don't deserve equal rights because you don't like polygamous or incestous relationships? I am not in a polygamous or incestous relationship. I should not be punished because you don't like them.
Maize, I've been talking directly to you this whole time. I made one third party comment about you to Becky and you think I'm treating you like a wall. You have the rights everyone else in the country has: Regardless of your sexual orientation, you may marry one other unrelated person of the opposite sex.

Bishka

Veteran Member
jmoum said:
Of course she's a decent human being. I never said otherwise. And just because we have different opinions, that does not mean I do not have a valid point when it comes to common curtousy. I was trying to help you and everyone else from feeling alienated because you people are getting way too personal about this and when that happens, all hell tends to break loose.

Way too personal?

Ask Maize what her sexual orientation is, ask Mike182 what his sexual oreintation is, ask several memebers on this board what their sexual orientation is and you'll see why this is so personal to them.

lunamoth

Will to love
HopefulNikki said:
When allowing gay marriage will inevitably lead to the allowance of things that are universally despicable...

I must be missing something. Could you please briefly summarize your support for this assertion?

luna

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
jmoum said:
To support the family and raise beautiful babies! That's why I'm going to college to get a job. Because I want kids. If I didn't, I wouldn't mind working at McDonald's for the rest of my life. Everything in society at some point or another always boils back down to family. Period.

We have families too. Do they not count?

HopefulNikki

Jensa said:
Have you proved that 1) it will lead to these things
Yes, I think I have, by virtue of using every argument provided for gay marriage to defend polygamous and/or incestuous relationships.
and 2) these things are despicable and I just missed it?
If you don't believe that incest is despicable, then you're right, I guess we have no common ground to work from.

Bishka

Veteran Member
HopefulNikki said:
If you don't believe that incest is despicable, then you're right, I guess we have no common ground to work from.

I believe she is referring to gay marriage and polygamy -- not just incest.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
jmoum said:
Post #238 on page 24

Thank you.

You said that a trait that determines race and a trait that determines sexual behavior should be considered equal. I disagree because I believe that traits that determine behavior are much more significant than traits that determine looks.

Ok.. I'm not sure what you mean by that. Sorry. :eek:

Bishka

Veteran Member
HopefulNikki said:
When your actions lead to their actions, yes, the govt can.

That's ridiculous.

You can't prove that Maize will cause another person to do anything.

She can't - that is that own persons own choice to make their own action, not Maizes. Unless you think we all cause and make each other do everything.:sarcastic

lunamoth

Will to love
HopefulNikki said:
When allowing gay marriage will inevitably lead to the allowance of things that are universally despicable....

I must be missing something. Could you please briefly summarize your evidence/support for this assertion?

luna

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
HopefulNikki said:
Maize, I've been talking directly to you this whole time. I made one third party comment about you to Becky and you think I'm treating you like a wall. You have the rights everyone else in the country has: Regardless of your sexual orientation, you may marry one other unrelated person of the opposite sex.
Oh please. :rolleyes:

Just in case you missed it, I am not straight. People who are not straight do not fall in love with and want to marry someone of the opposite sex. We fall in love with and want to marry someone of the same gender. We should be allowed to marry who we love just as straight people do.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
HopefulNikki said:
When your actions lead to their actions, yes, the govt can.
Tell me how my actions of marrying another woman will lead to polygamous and incestous relationships in I am not involved in them. Again, you cannot blame me for the actions of others.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
jmoum said:
So, to get this topic back on track, are you willing to concede that point or debate it?

You'll have to explain to me first what you meant and how that relates to denying same gender couples the right to marry.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Ok, fine, I am going to take this thread in a new direction:

Let's say that allowing homosexual marriages WILL eventually lead to polygamous relationships wanting the same sort of legal status? So what? What would be the big problem with that? I personally don't have an issue with it.

Incestuous relationships are a whole other monster - I brought up the genetic problems argument earlier and I believe that danger is what will keep the government from considering making this legal. Or the only way it could be legal, I think is if both parties (if of the opposite gender) undergo an irreversible sterilization beforehand.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
MaddLlama said:
Ok, fine, I am going to take this thread in a new direction:

Let's say that allowing homosexual marriages WILL eventually lead to polygamous relationships wanting the same sort of legal status? So what? What would be the big problem with that? I personally don't have an issue with it.

Incestuous relationships are a whole other monster - I brought up the genetic problems argument earlier and I believe that danger is what will keep the government from considering making this legal. Or the only way it could be legal, I think is if both parties (if of the opposite gender) undergo an irreversible sterilization beforehand.

Polygamous marriage will have legal arguments to overcome that same gender marriage does not.

Incestous marriage will have medical
arguments to overcome that same gender marriage does not.

While it is possible to use some similar arguments for polygamous and incestous marriage that are used for same gender marriage, there are additional arguments against polygamous and incestous marriage that have no bearing no same gender marriage. For this reason, they should be considered separetely and judged to be allowed or denied on their own arguments, both for and against.