• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you really want to defeat Trump, try a different strategy

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, thank you for demonstrating the empty, inane line-towing with no intellectual value which Trump's party is currently known for.
No, that's not how it's done.
What if you'd posted this instead.....
"And Trump will leave a mess for the next president to clean up. They all do it."
Better?

Audie

Veteran Member
I mean like, how far back do you want me to go? That time his real-estate company discriminated against African-American tenants? That time he told a Hispanic judge he shouldn't be presiding over him because Mexicans don't like him? Those times he retweeted white nationalists? That time he said that Nigerian immigrants would never 'go back to their huts' in Africa after seeing America? That time he said that immigrants from Haiti 'all have AIDS'? With no qualifications calling Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals? Or that time he interrupted a security brief being given by a Korean security officer to ask her where she's from, and when she realized he didn't mean 'where is she personally from' but 'where her people are from,' he said a 'Pretty Korean lady' should be negotiating for him with North Korea?

The numbers on employment, job growth, poverty etc do not match what you said especially well.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/trumps-numbers/

Of course, we do not (try not to)credit or blame the potus for things they do not control.

Crime

Violent crime, including homicides, rose for the second consecutive year in 2016, driven by increases in a few urban centers including Baltimore, Chicago and Las Vegas, according to F.B.I. data released Monday.

Violent crimes increased nationally last year by 4.1 percent and homicides rose by 8.6 percent, one year after violence increased by 3.9 percent and homicides jumped by 10.8 percent. A total of 17,250 people were murdered in 2016, the F.B.I. said.

While crime over all and violent crime remain well below their levels of the 1980s and 1990s, last year was the first time violent crime increased in consecutive years since 2005 and 2006, according to the F.B.I. data, which is collected from local police departments around the nation and released annually.

Police officials and criminologists continue to express puzzlement about the upsurge. There is disagreement not only about the reasons for the increases, but also about how law enforcement should respond and whether the figures represent a blip or the start of a long-term trend

But perhaps you have it figured- Trump.

Like that it was "racist" to question where Obama was
born. Dumb, maybe, but racist? Gimme, ya know, a break.
Has zero-0- to do with "race".

One other detail among some several-

With no qualifications calling Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals?

That is certainly how those who wanted to see it that way took it.
It is an absurd position to take, that they all are that; give even the devil its
due, he is not an absurd person top to bottom.

The actual topic was uncontrolled access to the USA, by anyone who
wants to (break the law to) get in. AMONG them are, yes, some really bad guys. The meaning was / is obvious to anyone who is not out to see the worst for any reason. Some sort of control over who comes in!!!

IF we are going to have laws, they should be enforced. We have maany
many people waiting for many years to get into the USA, thro the front door.
Includes some of my relatives.

Meanwhile, any fleet footed scofflaw is welcome if he can run past them
mean border guards?

Hong Kong has very stringent requirements for residency permits. It is a privilege, not a right, to live there.

I of all people do not object to immigration. American immigration laws
and policy, official and unofficial, are insane.

I'd love it if Trump were a better man, and even more if some
well qualified person had taken office.

I dont see how the hysteria and hype against him helps anything.
Perhaps you do.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Did he really say something so sweeping?
Not just failing in areas which Rush opposed, eg, Obamacare?
I mean there was that one time where Rush said Obama's shielded from criticism because people feel guilty about slavery.
No, that's not how it's done.
What if you'd posted this instead.....
"And Trump will leave a mess for the next president to clean up. They all do it."
Better?
No, because I won't dignify the distraction technique and equivocation. (I know that's a word you love.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I mean there was that one time where Rush said Obama's shielded from criticism because people feel guilty about slavery.
He is quite the provocateur, but not everything attributed to him is cromulent.
This claim seemed questionable.
No, because I won't dignify the distraction technique and equivocation. (I know that's a word you love.)
I am so transparent.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The numbers on employment, job growth, poverty etc do not match what you said especially well.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/trumps-numbers/
Trump taking credit for unemployment rates, and that he doesn't have a negative impact with his current administrative decisions, is something the numbers take umbridge with.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trump-and-the-truth-the-unemployment-rate-hoax

Of course, we do not (try not to)credit or blame the potus for things they do not control.
Legislation to prevent our outrageously high amounts of gun violence and school shootings is not something outside his control. He just chooses not to, at the behest of the NRA, the biggest pushers of toxic gun culture.

Like that it was "racist" to question where Obama was
born. Dumb, maybe, but racist? Gimme, ya know, a break.
Has zero-0- to do with "race".
To the extent that there was even psychological research concluding that racial bias influenced views of Obama, including the birther conspiracy, I'd say it certainly did.
http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2011/apr/research-prejudice-042811.html
http://observer.com/2016/09/colin-powell-is-right-birtherism-is-racism/

That is certainly how those who wanted to see it that way took it.
It is an absurd position to take, that they all are that; give even the devil its
due, he is not an absurd person top to bottom.

The actual topic was uncontrolled access to the USA, by anyone who
wants to (break the law to) get in. AMONG them are, yes, some really bad guys. The meaning was / is obvious to anyone who is not out to see the worst for any reason. Some sort of control over who comes in!!!
The problem is that there's no actual evidence immigrants commit more crime than native-born Americans, but Trump constantly and inaccurately passes out criticisms to Mexico in general and immigrants to the US by framing them as more of a danger to us than we are to ourselves. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-crime/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.52282336f591
Conditioning the people to legislate based on irrational fear, which leads to extreme legislation. Rather than on reasonable concern, which leads to healthy immigration reform.

I dont see how the hysteria and hype against him helps anything.
Perhaps you do.
I don't think it's hysteria or hype to point out very real issues with Trump's racism, sexism and ignorance of topics he makes very sweeping statements about. Your mileage may very on how serious you think it is.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah so desu ka, a cousin of the Clinton foundation!
Don't mistake me for someone who doesn't have a titanic sized bone to pick with the Clintons, or even with Sanders or Obama for that matter. But I would take any of them. Literally any of them. Over Trump.
Hell I'd even take Pence over Trump.

Jumi

I agree that some of the strategies used against Trump are quite backwards. But as the saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend, though that friend might hurt us quite a bit on any level many will take the free ammo.

Audie

Veteran Member
Trump taking credit for unemployment rates, and that he doesn't have a negative impact with his current administrative decisions, is something the numbers take umbridge with.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trump-and-the-truth-the-unemployment-rate-hoax

Legislation to prevent our outrageously high amounts of gun violence and school shootings is not something outside his control. He just chooses not to, at the behest of the NRA, the biggest pushers of toxic gun culture.

To the extent that there was even psychological research concluding that racial bias influenced views of Obama, including the birther conspiracy, I'd say it certainly did.
http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2011/apr/research-prejudice-042811.html
http://observer.com/2016/09/colin-powell-is-right-birtherism-is-racism/

The problem is that there's no actual evidence immigrants commit more crime than native-born Americans, but Trump constantly and inaccurately passes out criticisms to Mexico in general and immigrants to the US by framing them as more of a danger to us than we are to ourselves. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-crime/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.52282336f591
Conditioning the people to legislate based on irrational fear, which leads to extreme legislation. Rather than on reasonable concern, which leads to healthy immigration reform.

I don't think it's hysteria or hype to point out very real issues with Trump's racism, sexism and ignorance of topics he makes very sweeping statements about. Your mileage may very on how serious you think it is.

I dont actually care to continue the subject, but
will point out that while (illegal) immigrants might
even have a lower overall crime rate than the citizens,
I will bet quite a stack of dimes that the legal immigrants are far less likely to be committing crimes
than the illegals.

The point as I see it is to control who comes in. If you are opposed to having any control, then you are, and so much the worse for the country if so.

If that is racist of me, then I am a racist in your eyes.

There is probably some psychological research to back that. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree that some of the strategies used against Trump are quite backwards. But as the saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend, though that friend might hurt us quite a bit on any level many will take the free ammo.
It seems that the Dems' problem is banking on opposition to Trump rather than his agendas.
It's risky because if people perceive successes for Trump, then this will fail.
I'd recommend emphasizing opposition to specific policies & existing conditions.
This preference for substance looks like a more reliable & substantive approach.

Audie

Veteran Member
Don't mistake me for someone who doesn't have a titanic sized bone to pick with the Clintons, or even with Sanders or Obama for that matter. But I would take any of them. Literally any of them. Over Trump.
Hell I'd even take Pence over Trump.

I guess we could arm wrestle over who is the worst of a rotten crop. How much do you weigh? My 44 kg says I win. :D