• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you really want to defeat Trump, try a different strategy

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess we could arm wrestle over who is the worst of a rotten crop. How much do you weigh? My 44 kg says I win. :D
I'm athletic and I've been a physical therapist for six years and massage therapist for twelve years. Good luck. >D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm athletic and I've been a physical therapist for six years and massage therapist for twelve years. Good luck. >D
She knows kung fu.
All Asians do.

Btw, by saying you'd prefer Pence over Trump, you put yourself in a dangerous position.
When I preferred Trump over Hillary, I was damned as a "Trump supporter", a "deporable",
& a Trump apologist. So you might find yourself labeled a "Pence supporter" or a a
"homophobic fundie".
If it happens, please let me know so that I can take the offender to the woodshed.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's true. That's why Democrats lost in the first place and can't stand it.
Kind of like how Republicans couldn't stand losing to a black man and it still bothers them. That's why they aren't doing anything useful but overturning everything he did without the foggiest idea of what it was.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Btw, by saying you'd prefer Pence over Trump, you put yourself in a dangerous position.
When I preferred Trump over Hillary, I was damned as a "Trump supporter", a "deporable",
& a Trump apologist. So you might find yourself labeled a "Pence supporter" or a a
"homophobic fundie".
If it happens, please let me know so that I can take the offender to the woodshed.
That's because there was no good reason to suspect Hillary would be worse than Trump. There is good reason to suspect Pence will be better than Trump. Just by virtue of being, you know, not a narcissistic twelve year old with a twitter account and no self-restraint.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's because there was no good reason to suspect Hillary would be worse than Trump. There is good reason to suspect Pence will be better than Trump. Just by virtue of being, you know, not a narcissistic twelve year old with a twitter account and no self-restraint.
Still, give me an alert if anyone calls you a "Pence supporter".
We who recognize the lesser of 2 evils must circle the wagons.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Still, give me an alert if anyone calls you a "Pence supporter".
We who recognize the lesser of 2 evils must circle the wagons.
Politics is always the lesser of two evils. Hillary was mine.
If I support Pence over Trump (which I am just for saying I'd rather him than Trump) and we fail to stop religious anti-abortion or anti-LGBT law than that'll be on me. And I will own up to it. Hopefully those who supported Trump will own up to the damage his racism, sexism and greed has caused in the midterms.

Shushersbedamned

The one who defeats Trump would have to be just as much a political outsider and one who hates The Swamp as much as many Americans do. Someone who won't defend the policies of the establishment these past decades. It should be someone from the streets or from the sticks, no Ivy Leaguers or other products of pampered insularity.
This is how you got trump and you can't solve a problem the same way you created it.

In any case it is an international problem now. International efforts are required.

Audie

Veteran Member

T he NY Post will happily give you a list or reasons that the H would have been worse.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
ha. You didnt even read them.

And she might be worse.
If you're talking about lists published during the campaign, I likely did read them.
I have very little doubt at this point that Hillary would not nearly have been as disastrous for this country as Trump. There are certainly things I have issue with. I don't know how her ties into corporate elitism would have played into Middle-Eastern conflicts, but Trump is already massively failing at that. I don't like how part of the political corporate machine she was tied up in, but Trump is already massively failing at that. I don't like how her campaign promises didn't often reflect her actual behavior, but Trump is already massively failing at that. I don't like how haphazardly she treated technological security as a high ranking politician, but Trump is already massively failing at that. Add to that Trump's penchant for being swayed by the last person to talk to him, that he has had more criminal indictments in his staff in one year than any president except Nixon, that his loose fingers on twitter has caused much damage over the year...yeah, I would take Hillary in a hot second.

Audie

Veteran Member
If you're talking about lists published during the campaign, I likely did read them.
I have very little doubt at this point that Hillary would not nearly have been as disastrous for this country as Trump. There are certainly things I have issue with. I don't know how her ties into corporate elitism would have played into Middle-Eastern conflicts, but Trump is already massively failing at that. I don't like how part of the political corporate machine she was tied up in, but Trump is already massively failing at that. I don't like how her campaign promises didn't often reflect her actual behavior, but Trump is already massively failing at that. I don't like how haphazardly she treated technological security as a high ranking politician, but Trump is already massively failing at that. Add to that Trump's penchant for being swayed by the last person to talk to him, that he has had more criminal indictments in his staff in one year than any president except Nixon, that his loose fingers on twitter has caused much damage over the year...yeah, I would take Hillary in a hot second.

I am unaware of any disaster that has taken place.

This is more recent than the election.

https://nypost.com/tag/hillary-clinton/

ecco

Veteran Member
You know, as one who is maybe a bit hypersensitive to racism,
I really do not find myself able to see how T is a racist.

Saying "racist liar" was certainly a H. mantra, but seriously?

On what real basis can you say he is a racist?
Violence in Charlottesville:
President Trump Again Blames 'Both Sides' for Charlottesville Violence
Trump insisted of an explicitly white nationalist protest: “Not all those people were neo-Nazis, not all those people were white supremacists.”

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that anti-racism protesters who he called the “alt-left” bear some of the blame for the violent rallies in Charlottesville, Va., returning to his original comments that “many sides” were responsible for the deadly clashes in which a man believed to be a white supremacist drove his car into a crowd of anti-racism protesters.

He added: “You had people that were very fine people on both sides.”​

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am unaware of any disaster that has taken place.

This is more recent than the election.

https://nypost.com/tag/hillary-clinton/
Okay, it's listing a bunch of things Trump did which were bad like we're supposed to consider them good. Such as moving the embassy, which led to unnecessary violence, riots, and was an unjustified posturing. The tax plan which even conservative Forbes calls 'counterproductive.' Ending the clean coal, which has disastrous consequences on longterm ecological stability and isn't a good job provider anyway, with solar and wind employing three times as many, not even to mention natural gas.
This list even suggests that Trump should take credit for #MeToo because it wouldn't exist under Clinton. Because in large part the president's sexist comments was a catalyst to coming out against powerful people sexually abusing employees. :facepalm:

Audie

Veteran Member
Okay, it's listing a bunch of things Trump did which were bad like we're supposed to consider them good. Such as moving the embassy, which led to unnecessary violence, riots, and was an unjustified posturing. The tax plan which even conservative Forbes calls 'counterproductive.' Ending the clean coal, which has disastrous consequences on longterm ecological stability and isn't a good job provider anyway, with solar and wind employing three times as many, not even to mention natural gas.
This list even suggests that Trump should take credit for #MeToo because it wouldn't exist under Clinton. Because in large part the president's sexist comments was a catalyst to coming out against powerful people sexually abusing employees. :facepalm:

Well, like I said, we could arm wrestle, but maybe not-
Anyhow, when its all over we can assess.
Meantime, I wish we had someone else, even if not anybody else.

Audie

Veteran Member
Violence in Charlottesville:
President Trump Again Blames 'Both Sides' for Charlottesville Violence
Trump insisted of an explicitly white nationalist protest: “Not all those people were neo-Nazis, not all those people were white supremacists.”

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that anti-racism protesters who he called the “alt-left” bear some of the blame for the violent rallies in Charlottesville, Va., returning to his original comments that “many sides” were responsible for the deadly clashes in which a man believed to be a white supremacist drove his car into a crowd of anti-racism protesters.

He added: “You had people that were very fine people on both sides.”​

"One guy believed to be" therefore T is a racist?

ecco

Veteran Member
Politics is always the lesser of two evils. Hillary was mine.
If I support Pence over Trump (which I am just for saying I'd rather him than Trump) and we fail to stop religious anti-abortion or anti-LGBT law than that'll be on me. And I will own up to it. Hopefully those who supported Trump will own up to the damage his racism, sexism and greed has caused in the midterms.
As much as I can't stand Trump, I wouldn't want a Pence Presidency. I don't want any President who hopes and believes Armageddon will occur in his lifetime.

Teach Christianity in all schools and Save the Children.
Reduce pollution - why bother.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As much as I can't stand Trump, I wouldn't want a Pence Presidency. I don't want any President who hopes and believes Armageddon will occur in his lifetime.

Teach Christianity in all schools and Save the Children.
Reduce pollution - why bother.
I actually had a conversation earlier about why I support Pence over Trump:
It comes down to this:
Personally, I think Pence is dangerous but in a different way. Pence isn't an idiot. He knows how to make the right connections, speak tacitly, and how to pick his battles.
Things like defending the option of abortion and defending against religiously motivated anti-LGBT law will be much harder.
However, I'm pretty confident we are used to defending against this kind of religiously motivated legislation. We have experience, we know what to look for, and we have a battery of arguments to use. Defending against Pence will be much easier than defending against Trump.
Trump doesn't use facts. He doesn't appreciate them and neither does his fan base. Anything that's not toeing the line is 'fake news.' Even things which are regularly and easily dismissed as outright lies. You can't reason with him. And he can do so much worse. Including some of the very things we are worried about in a Pence presidency, like environmental apathy, putting more investment in Christian schools, legislation against LGBT (trans military ban).