• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Il Duce Donald shoves Prime Minister out of his way

DavidFirth

This is true. People are so eager to pile on the Donald that they bring up any little thing they can and make the real stuff seem superfluous. Trump opened a tower in Vancouver and announced it as a 69 story tower. The press immediately jumped all over the PR firm that released the item (not even Trump) and pointed out it was a 68 story tower with a basement, and that basements aren't counted as stories. Then they got to Trump bashing.

He's kooky enough without making semantically fanciful arguments.

People are still angry and hurt by Hillary's loss. It is what it is.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Geeze Louise....I know.
Even on matters unrelated to the election, they have
hair triggers....ready to explode in fits of pique.
This is rough on us, the more sensitive posters of RF.
We care too much.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It as a slight to the European leaders and an insult to the prime minister that he shoved.
It showed total lack of respect.
As it was showed on all news channels in Europe, it was not good for the respect and reputation of the USA.

In terms of the tings we see Trump doing and saying, it might seem a small incident to Americans. But cumulatively they have reached a stage where people have changed from thinking of him as a bafoon to actively disliking him.

Yeah, but you didn't see anyone shoving him back. I think you might be reading a little too much in what appears to some as a playful move.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, but you didn't see anyone shoving him back. I think you might be reading a little too much in what appears to some as a playful move.
Those who over-react to every imagined Trump incident should really consider why they do this. It would help with recovery to understand that Hillary's loss to Trump drives an irrational need to find fault in his every move. This thrashing about & lashing out won't change the election results.

Certainly, he's doing things worth criticizing. He's even worthy of loathing. But we see obsession over things minor or imagined. Note the OP's title....one would think Trump assaulted another leader, but the reality of the situation is just playful grandstanding. Similarly, we see claims that he gave away submarine locations. But that turns out to be false too. If any in this plethora of Trumpophobic threads ever covers a real issue, it will be lost in the fog of histrionics & drama.

Last edited:

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

Or maybe they are upset by the things he does. Just a crazy wild theory, but maybe Trump is not doing a very good job and that upsets people. Perhaps, this is about Trump and not Hillary.

DavidFirth

Or maybe they are upset by the things he does. Just a crazy wild theory, but maybe Trump is not doing a very good job and that upsets people. Perhaps, this is about Trump and not Hillary.

My reply was in response to the post I quoted. I didn't and wasn't referring to anything else.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Trump does a horrible job, and then the Trump supporters sit around and go, "Why do people not like him?" then they blame Hillary (which make no sense). A person has to be in deep denial are very dense to at least not see why some of the things Trump does upsets people.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Good. Then I won't save it for someone who cares. :p

I see you are engaging in the ancient art of debate know as. . . .

65846055.jpg