• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm terrified for tomorrow.

Kent856

@Saint Frankenstein I'm woefully under experienced to offer you words of advice or encouragement... I'll pray for you of course.

I know that i can't possibly give you enough money to make a difference and that's not what you really need right now but if you message me your PayPal account or something I'll give what I can. Maybe enough for a hotel for a few nights, if that would help.

Stay strong.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
While we are taught in our materialistic culture to believe that loosing things means loosing everything, the counterpoint to that is that loosing all those material things that tie us down is also liberating. For most of human history, we carried who and what we were on our backs, or maybe in a small sack. What happened to that? Hmm.

I think about the wandering monk who passed through my town recently. Carried nothing, only the clothes on his back. His mission was to spread messages of health and self-awareness or mindfulness. This gentleman has walked across the country of America before - seen things from the worst ghettos to the most upperclass neighborhoods. He's been mistaken for a prison escapee because of his orange religious clothing, among other things. Getting out on your own two feet and just... walking... is a rarity nowadays. Imagine where the feet could take us if we stopped being so tied down to stuff and things? Just you, your dog, the road, a horizon of possibilities...

Demonslayer

Getting out on your own two feet and just... walking... is a rarity nowadays. Imagine where the feet could take us if we stopped being so tied down to stuff and things? Just you, your dog, the road, a horizon of possibilities...

Walk to Boston Frankie, you can spend a couple nights on my couch.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
While we are taught in our materialistic culture to believe that loosing things means loosing everything, the counterpoint to that is that loosing all those material things that tie us down is also liberating. For most of human history, we carried who and what we were on our backs, or maybe in a small sack. What happened to that? Hmm.

I think about the wandering monk who passed through my town recently. Carried nothing, only the clothes on his back. His mission was to spread messages of health and self-awareness or mindfulness. This gentleman has walked across the country of America before - seen things from the worst ghettos to the most upperclass neighborhoods. He's been mistaken for a prison escapee because of his orange religious clothing, among other things. Getting out on your own two feet and just... walking... is a rarity nowadays. Imagine where the feet could take us if we stopped being so tied down to stuff and things? Just you, your dog, the road, a horizon of possibilities...
That sounds nice and all, and I really envy those people (St. Francis of Assisi, duh) but I'm really not at that place yet. I don't have people or meaningful relationships, so I surround myself with things, for comfort. I also have an intense fear of loss because I've lost everything multiple times in my life (both in terms of belongings and loved ones). So I've become a borderline hoarder.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Does @Saint Frankenstein not need a laugh? Are we not funny? I think the little red guy is.

I was hoping to give a chuckle to someone who needs it desperately. No offense intended.

No worries. I don't mind if Frank doesn't mind, as long as the posts don't violate any rules.

Thanks for attempting to help, too. I wish I could do something to help, @Saint Frankenstein, but I'm on the other side of the globe with a fair share of my own problems. The most I can offer right now is my best wishes for you.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Walk to Boston Frankie, you can spend a couple nights on my couch.
I trust you are telling the truth. I am too, but I have extenuating circumstances like a husband and other family members who would not understand.
They do not know Jesus is here. So inviting a stranger in is too dangerous.

ps I should invite the dog too.

Except that our dog has a fear of dogs.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I collect things too, but if someone offered me money for the stuff I would be glad to sell most of it. If someone offered me a lot of money for the stuff I like and might keep, I'd sell those too. I actually lug stuff too and fro from the attic to the flea market sometimes. I sell some stuff on eBay and that way has got me lots of money, but eBay is slow right now.

Demonslayer

I trust you are telling the truth. I am too, but I have extenuating circumstances like a husband and other family members who would not understand.
They do not know Jesus is here. So inviting a stranger in is too dangerous.

ps I should invite the dog too.

Except that our dog has a fear of dogs.
Yes I'd let Frankie stay on my couch. Could probably put in a word for him at a few places to get some kind of basic job too. That's all the boy needs, someone to give a little boost to get him over the hump.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
For what it's worth, if you would like to talk about anything, Frank, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to listen if that would make you feel any better.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
The landlord just showed up and I let him have it, screaming at him loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear. **** him. Lying, cheating, con artist, slumlord *******. He blames me for everything. He doesn't give a **** that I was in the ER for being suicidal. He doesn't give a **** that the cops have been here multiple times for me wanting to kill myself. I hope he burns in hell. I really do! It's not my fault he can't take care of his own property. It's not my ****ing fault. I guess it's all over tomorrow. That's it.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In America, the severely mentally ill who don't have people supporting them tend to end up homeless and/or in jail. There's not much available in terms of social services.
That's just not right, it would coast a lot more doing that in the long run, no wonder the good old US is in a crises, my heart goes out to you.:cry: