• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm terrified for tomorrow.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I think the short story is that Frankie has medical problems that makes it hard to work most jobs and thus he couldn't make rent.

Francis, correct me if I'm wrong.
That's part of it. The other part is that the landlord is a slumlord who's doing illegal **** by moving people into a building that should be condemned, doesn't come up with leases with them, takes their money under the table, lies and then throws them out when they don't want to play his game anymore.

Demonslayer

The other part is that the landlord is a slumlord who's doing illegal **** by moving people into a building that should be condemned, doesn't come up with leases with them, takes their money under the table, lies and then throws them out when they don't want to play his game anymore.

Yeah, that too.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That's part of it. The other part is that the landlord is a slumlord who's doing illegal **** by moving people into a building that should be condemned, doesn't come up with leases with them, takes their money under the table, lies and then throws them out when they don't want to play his game anymore.
But have you documented anything, Frankie? Authorities would love to know about people like him, but you would have to have all your ducks in a row before approaching them. If you just make a complaint with no documentation (dates, names and times) they cannot really do anything.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
But have you documented anything, Frankie? Authorities would love to know about people like him, but you would have to have all your ducks in a row before approaching them. If you just make a complaint with no documentation (dates, names and times) they cannot really do anything.
Doesn't matter. That's done. Time to move on.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Doesn't matter. That's done. Time to move on.

I thought a good 2 months ago you were moving on, getting away from that negative environment? Obviously didn't work out that way.

Lots of what you are expressing in this thread reminds me of stuff I've said (mostly to myself, usually when I'm depressed).

Anger is certainly a more 'elevated' emotion than depression. I hope you don't stay stuck there, but it'll motivate you more than the 'whoa is me' stuff.

I'm tempted to get all psychological but perhaps not the thread for that, perhaps is unwelcome. I will just say you're being able to come here and post, is a really good sign. Demonstrates ability to be able to think through some simple things, that are immediate, in a clear cut way. I think it will help in moving on.

Time to turn reactionary anger into proactive assertiveness.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Cool. You might get a serial killer, but at least you won't have bed bugs. ;)
Lol. I would definitely prefer the serial killer. Sadly, I will be taking bedbugs with me. I brought that up to the judge, but he didn't care. I'm going to have to get an exterminator to finally end the scourge. :(

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is Craigslist a safe site by any chance? I have heard crimes being committed from the site a long time ago. Such as people getting killed.
I've always gone with 'roommate wanted' ads on university and natural food store bulletin boards.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Okay, here's what happened. I'm not being put out today. There was another court hearing today. I tried to get a continuation to seek legal representation, but the judge decided to be an a-hole. So I'm going to get a red tag on my door. Yeah, I'm going to be evicted. From the date the tag is posted, I'll have 5 days to get out. It might take them one or two business days to get around to doing it, so basically I have a week to move. That's a bit of a relief.

So now I just pack, find an apartment (one that will take a Golden Retriever and a couple of cats) and move (I could hire a moving service for that). The only issue is that I need first and last month's rent, and a security deposit. I'm not broke, but I don't have all the money for that right now. :/ If I can finally get this out of the way, I'll be fine when it comes to housing. I'll be out of a very unhealthy, negative environment and would be finally able to focus on other things.
I'd be tempted to buy a tarp or cheap tent and move into the judge's back yard.