• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Defense of Marriage

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
When you allow others to dictate what civil rights may be denied to a specific group, you endanger your own civil rights.

Draka

Wonder Woman
HeatherAnn said:
And as mentioned in my previous post, where gay marriage has been legalized, rights of others have been infringed upon in the name of "gay rights."

Well that's an outright lie if ever I saw one. Same sex marriage is legal where I live and no one's rights have been infringed upon here as a result. No rights are lost at all by anyone by granting same sex marriage rights. Only rights to gain, rights others already have and are unfair to withhold from others based merely on the plumbing of those in the relationships.

Me Myself

Back to my username
The actual topic of the thread is:

How does homosexual marriage threatens marriage.

Adopting or not adopting and abortions and even health risks for the specific married guys and gals in this kind of relationships are a subject to be discussed in OTHER topics.

The real question is HOW DOES IT AFFECT MARRIAGE

In what way anyone´s marriage is affected if tomorrow gay people can also marry in their country. In what way is MARRIAGE of heterosexual couples affected?

Me Myself

Back to my username
And I would think, given the facts of how you came to exist, you would honor the role of mothers and fathers, supporting laws that didn't deny children one or the other... unless you care more about legislated dogma than children.

I think it would be a dishonor to human race to leave children in an orphanage when they have no one to love them truly instead of giving them to people that have passed through the whole process to adopt them, including intense background check on all areas of their lifes and are cheerful to take care of them, give them nurture and love.

I still don´t see how this have to do with the threat though. If you think the question of the thread is misleading in itself, then this might not be the thread for you. Making a new one about what you really want to talk about might be better (though others on such topics already exist, you could as well just search them and revive them.)

The question is a legitimate one because many people DO say that it is an "offense" against marriage and silly things like that, so this threat dis up to disprove at least THAT statement. If you do not agree with "It is an offense against marriage" (and thus have no way in proving that it is) but still believe homosexuality is moraly wrong, then you are to debate it in other threads that talk about homosexuality as amoral value, and are more wide, not as specific as this one.

to the point of this thread I simply haven´t seen one reason so far why it treathens anyone´s mariage to allow more people to marry their loved ones.

Maybe I overlooked something.

Draka

Wonder Woman
It doesn't threaten the marriages of anyone else. Never has. Never will. If your marriage isn't strong enough to even withstand the mere idea that another couple might get married then you really shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. Your failure of a marriage is your own.

gnomon

There are only two ideas I can come up with in regards to believing that their rights will be infringed upon by allowing gay marriage.

The first is one I discussed with jonny a few times and that is the idea that religious institutions would be forced to sanctify gay marriages. This has been shown to be false because no religious institution anywhere must marry two individuals. State recognized marriages can simply be confirmed by a representative, like a judge, and that religious institutions are free to marry who they wish inside their religion.

The second. I seriously believe that some people think they will lose their spot in heaven if things they don't believe in are accepted by society at large. They think that in order to fulfill their religious obligation in this world than society must adhere to their religious principles. Just the thought of a lesbian mother slams shut the gates of heaven in their mind.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I never implied it was.
I wrote... "health consequences of homosexual sex."
Gay marriage involves couples of homosexual men, who engage in homosexual sex, including (but not limited to) anal sex, which has health risks, even in 2 healthy males.

Heterosexuals do it too....:yes:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I think Heather Ann has done lef' da building.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

Gomeza

Boy, did those ideas get shot down in flames, my faith in our species has been somewhat renewed by the vigor in which common sense and decency has been defended in this thread.

I did not feel one ounce of remorse watching the stench of negative propaganda orchestrated in the name of an assumed moral high ground be returned to its rightful owner.

Last edited: