• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In hunting, Why is Pride any worst than gluttony?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
In Judaism, hunting is only allowed for health's/survival's sake, not for pleasure. It is not kosher slaughter for one, and killing something for pleasure is pretty sadistic in our way of thinking.

Believe it or not, Metis...same goes for Hinduism. If you are living in the forest with just a bow and a few arrows, the male or female is allowed to hunt for sustenance only.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Vegetarins are not vegen, they do eat eggs and some dairy products, ifbthey didn,t they would be vegen.

I don't agree. You aren't "vegetarian" if you eat animal products including unfertilized eggs and milk that is produced out of an animal not intended for you .. Maybe its "guilt" that makes you claim that ?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I don't agree. You aren't "vegetarian" if you eat animal products including unfertilized eggs and milk that is produced out of an animal not intended for you .. Maybe its "guilt" that makes you claim that ?

I'm a carnivore. Roar! (meow)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
मैत्रावरुणिः;3573706 said:
I'm a carnivore. Roar! (meow)

There is something in the middle besides obligate carnivores and vegetarians.They are called "omnivores".

I think humans are in that category.

psychoslice

Veteran Member

He He, the old reverse psychology wont work with me, if you like eating what you feel is best for you then do that, but don't preach your eating habbits to others, I am a vegetarian, but I don,t tell others that they should be also.

I love animals and would never hurt one, but that is me, animals are killing each other every day, everything on this planet is food for another, as humans we have deep emotions, and like yours its against killing animals, but those who eat animals have deep emotions as well, why do you want to hurt others for your own emotions, there is no right and no wrong, we make up that rule.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
He He, the old reverse psychology wont work with me, if you like eating what you feel is best for you then do that, but don't preach your eating habbits to others, I am a vegetarian, but I don,t tell others that they should be also.

LOL!!

When did I ever tell anyone else what to be?

When did I preach habits to others?

You're telling others that they feel guilty because they eat meat.

Unbelievable.

How old are you ? 5?

Last edited:

Wherenextcolumbus

Milk is an animal product so you are not a vegetarian. You mention you eat eggs too. That is animal protein not vegetable.

A vegetarian is someone who does not eat meat, eggs and milk are not meat, so I don't know what you are getting at here? That is what is meant by vegetarian.
This is is why we have a different word for people who eat no animal produce: vegan. I don't see how it is sensible to argue over this.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
How old are you ? 5?

If psychoslice is five, I do believe you just paid him a remarkable compliment. I certainly don't know many five year olds who know what "reverse psychology" is, much less demonstrate the capacity for more advanced thinking and conversation. He's obviously quite the savant.

Me Myself

Back to my username
There is also a difference in eating meat. And killing an animal and running around saying LOOK WHAT I KILLED! For FUN! Beating on your chest like you are all that. When without your big gun and your BIG BIG ammo the animal could have escaped you with ease or beat you in 4 seconds flat hands down.

Its pride.

The point of the OP is that I would like to know why gluttony is worst than pride.

Why does killing for the fun of eating tasty makes it different?

There is also a difference in eating meat. And killing an animal and running around saying LOOK WHAT I KILLED! For FUN! Beating on your chest like you are all that. When without your big gun and your BIG BIG ammo the animal could have escaped you with ease or beat you in 4 seconds flat hands down.

Its pride.

I find no relevance on how we can do it or how we couldnt. I really dont think morality is about that.

I dont think it would be any more moral if you had the biological strength to subdue one thousand bears with your pinky toe without the use of tools.

Me Myself

Back to my username
In Judaism, hunting is only allowed for health's/survival's sake, not for pleasure. It is not kosher slaughter for one, and killing something for pleasure is pretty sadistic in our way of thinking.

But eating meat is not necessa for survival to almost no one.

Most peope eat meat out of pleasure and habit, as they could very well live healthily on a plant based diet.

Me Myself

Back to my username

If you dont agree with the oxford dictiary that is fine. Its really not e center of the discussion anyways, but he did tell you what vegetarian and vegan actually mean.

In any case, why is pride better than gluttony? You havent answered this.

You just said repeated that you believe gluttony is best than pride but didnt really say why.

Me Myself

Back to my username
There is something in the middle besides obligate carnivores and vegetarians.They are called "omnivores".

I think humans are in that category.

We are, that's precisely why we can choose not to take animal life and keep on living.

Then again, all mamals dri milk, so I guess you dont really believe in the existence of non herbivores :D