• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Instant win in debate against christianity

You think the bible is nothing more than a twisted nursery book and you live in a world full of reality that you can’t escape? What is it like to live in that world? Tell me more about it.

You seem to be getting upset over my opinion of the bible. If my view of the bible is somehow inaccurate why not enlighten me? To recap, the bible makes fantastical claims that have zero basis in reality and are not supported by any evidence whatsoever. Therefore to me, yes, the bible is nothing but a book of ancient twisted fairy tales. Can I ask you why you think the bible should be taken seriously?

Gloone

You seem to be getting upset over my opinion of the bible. If my view of the bible is somehow inaccurate why not enlighten me? To recap, the bible makes fantastical claims that have zero basis in reality and are not supported by any evidence whatsoever. Therefore to me, yes, the bible is nothing but a book of ancient twisted fairy tales. Can I ask you why you think the bible should be taken seriously?
I take it you have never read the bible. Would you like for me to read it to you?

I take it you have never read the bible. Would you like for me to read it to you?

Nice attempt to evade my question. Why is it that you think the bible should be taken seriously? Why is the bible more credible than say the quran or the book of mormon?

Gloone

Nice attempt to evade my question. Why is it that you think the bible should be taken seriously? Why is the bible more credible than say the quran or the book of mormon?
Because authenticity can’t be duplicated if that answers your question.

Gloone

Anybody else know what the hell Gloone was talking about?
There are certain things that are not meant to be spoken. However, sometimes these things are brought to the surface and tend to assume our attention whether we choose to accept them or not. You can view these as things as building blocks or as a foundation for a new beginning. Once a block has been taken out of its threshold the building tends to sway and collapse, that is if the disturbance was intentional or propagated. If it was not everything would just fall back into its place and there would be no structure for these blocks, and the foundation would not look as promising as it was when first laid.

I’m afraid this question can’t be answered to its fullest extent unless you ask questions that are more precise.

If you see it fit that Judaism is the one true religion, then by all means don't congregate around the matter.

I was asking you a question not making a statement. If you are unable to answer the question why not just say so instead of wasting our time?

Gloone

I was asking you a question not making a statement. If you are unable to answer the question why not just say so instead of wasting our time?
Wasting time? Time is what you make of it, if you tend to waste it then it is on your behalf.

Gloone

Fine, why do you think the bible is more credible than say the Hindu Vedas or Dianetics?
I will need some specifics on Hindu Vedas and Dianetics, care to provide them?
Tell me where Hindu Vedas originated from and how Dianetics came about and i may be able to help you.

I will need some specifics on Hindu Vedas and Dianetics, care to provide them?
Tell me where Hindu Vedas originated from and how Dianetics came about and i may be able to help you.

So you except Christianity as true because it is basically the only belief system you have been exposed to.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
You've probably thought of this before, known of this before but haven't really much payed attention to it but i believe this is the best statement to bring up when you are arguing against christianity

If it is backed by evidence, it is logical.

If it is not backed up by evidence, it is illogical.
...that doesn't make any sense. Just because something isn't backed up by evidence doesn't mean it's illogical; it means it's unlikely.

The bible is not backed up by evidence so therefore it illogical.
Sweeping generalization. That's a logical fallacy.

The Bible is far more than mythology.

Christians believe in the bible, thus they believe that if it is not backed up by evidence, it is logical.
It's illogical to believe it's better to be good to people than to be bad to them?

Christians are illogical.
When i mean evidence, i mean a group of evidence that consists of actual archeological proof and other considerably firm evidence. NOT just evidence which is few and extremely subtle when supporting something in the bible.

I believe this is the best.
You can constantly argue on small details in the bible and support it with verses on topics that prove the christian lord hates homosexuals or he is evil and invented sin, but yet it all comes back to this.
Again, sweeping generalizations: i.e., logical fallacies.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

Dianetics came from a science fiction author.

The Vedas are accumulated hymns (similar to the Biblical Book of Psalms), composed by various poets throughout the ancient years, believed by many Hindus to have been the source of all things: I.O.W., that nothing existed before the Vedas. They are believed by many to have been composed by the Creator Himself after He realized the Self.

Last edited:
It is not. Why would you make that assumption?

Your inability or unwillingness to hold an intelligent and meaningful conversation is beginning to bore me. I'm going to get something to eat. If by the time I get back you amaze me by posting an actual straight answer to one of my questions that would be great. If not, have fun avoiding having interesting and informative discussions here on RF.

Requia

Logic and evidence have nothing to do with each other. Please learn some logic before trying to claim its on your side.