• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing @Kenny

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi @Kenny !

Thanks for agreeing to be interviewed. And after a big trip, at that! How was it?

I understand from past interactions on the forum, you are a Christian, correct? What denomination?

(To those reading: I know there is another interview going right now in which responses from others are not allowed. This is not the case with this interview, and I encourage members' questions and comments.)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Hi @Kenny !

Thanks for agreeing to be interviewed.

Thank you for asking. It will be wonderful to have a nice conversation

And after a big trip, at that! How was it?

It was amazing! Trying to upload some pictures of the Royal Gardens in Sydney but will have to do it later…. I’m waiting for my computer to catch up to me - arriving tomorrow as I left it in Los Angeles.

3 weeks with my daughters family (husband and 3 grandchildren) - Blue Mountains hike and a snow-fun park. Grandchildren soccer games and just a wonderful family time!

I understand from past interactions on the forum, you are a Christian, correct? What denomination?

Non-denominational. But, yes, Christian. Some people use the words “Full Gospel” - denoting that we believe that the gifts of the Spirit are still operational

To those reading: I know there is another interview going right now in which responses from others are not allowed. This is not the case with this interview, and I encourage members' questions and comments.)

I need to go back and see some of them! Love learning about people. Maybe someone can interview you too? :)

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for asking. It will be wonderful to have a nice conversation

It was amazing! Trying to upload some pictures of the Royal Gardens in Sydney but will have to do it later…. I’m waiting for my computer to catch up to me - arriving tomorrow as I left it in Los Angeles.

3 weeks with my daughters family (husband and 3 grandchildren) - Blue Mountains hike and a snow-fun park. Grandchildren soccer games and just a wonderful family time!
I look forward to seeing the pictures! How old are the grandkids?
Non-denominational. But, yes, Christian. Some people use the words “Full Gospel” - denoting that we believe that the gifts of the Spirit are still operational
"the gifts of the Spirit are still operational"

What does that mean, exactly?
I need to go back and see some of them! Love learning about people. Maybe someone can interview you too? :)
Maybe when I've gone through my list. :D

Kenny

Premium Member
I look forward to seeing the pictures! How old are the grandkids?

This set is 5, 7 and 9 - The oldest two are boys.

I have two other sets - 2 at 21, 2 at 19, 2 at 17 - a 16 and a 15 year olds.

"the gifts of the Spirit are still operational"

What does that mean, exactly?

Without trying to get too detailed, there are nine gifts of the Spirit of God that God uses to touch people’s lives found in 1 Cor 12:8-11. Some people call it the Charismatic Movement that hit almost all denominations.

Maybe when I've gone through my list. :D

:). I think what you are doing enhances this forum!

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
This set is 5, 7 and 9 - The oldest two are boys.

I have two other sets - 2 at 21, 2 at 19, 2 at 17 - a 16 and a 15 year olds.
You've got a pretty good range there!

So, three children, then?
Without trying to get too detailed, there are nine gifts of the Spirit of God that God uses to touch people’s lives found in 1 Cor 12:8-11. Some people call it the Charismatic Movement that hit almost all denominations.
Go ahead, get detailed! (If you want.) I haven't ever heard of such and wouldn't mind hearing an explanation. I'm unfamiliar with the Charismatic Movement completely.
:). I think what you are doing enhances this forum!
Thank you. :)

Kenny

Premium Member
You've got a pretty good range there!

So, three children, then?

We actually have five… two miscarriages and then we birthed a son and two daughters.

Interesting story… my wife always wondered what did we have for the two miscarriages. I never knew she wanted to know and we never publicized the fact that we lost two children.

About 20 years later, after we were born again, an elderly lady (in her eighties) was in the hospital. Her husband had already left for Heaven. I went to pray for her and she said, “Pastor, I don’t know if I was in Heaven or what… but I saw my husband, extended family and then i saw two boys that we a little older than your son but they looked very similar”. (LOL - after another 30 years that have passed, don’t quote me on those exact words). She didn’t know that we lost two children before we had our son.

When I relayed what she said to my wife, it was then she shared that she had always wondered and wanted to know what she had.

Go ahead, get detailed! (If you want.) I haven't ever heard of such and wouldn't mind hearing an explanation. I'm unfamiliar with the Charismatic Movement completely.

Thank you. :)

The Charismatic movement in the US started at the Azusa Street in Los Angeles marked with miracles (Greek Charisma - charismatic - gifts of the Spirit) and with the speaking in other tongues - (Greek - Glossolalia). It also happened in other parts of the world.

From that movement the Church of God, Assemblies of God, Four Square Church, Pentecostal Church and others were birthed.

The gifts of the spirit are detailed as following:

Revelation Gifts:
word of wisdom - When God reveals something that will be in the future
word of knowledge - When God reveal something about the past or present that the person used by God would have no knowledge of
discerning of spirits - Where God opens the eyes of a person to see into the spirit realm

Power Gifts:
faith = Faith beyond one’s personal faith to complete the will of God
gifts of healing - Where God effects a healing over time
working of miracles - Where God effects an instantaneous miracle.

Speaking gifts:
prophecy - to utter a statement from God to edify, exhort or comfort a person(s)
divers kinds of tongues - tongues of angels or men that is unknown to the speaker
interpretation of tongues - interpretation of said tongues.

Well… :) that’s the short of the long of it.

Hope you have a great rest of your day

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I went to pray for her and she said, “Pastor, I don’t know if I was in Heaven or what… but I saw my husband, extended family and then i saw two boys that we a little older than your son but they looked very similar”. (LOL - after another 30 years that have passed, don’t quote me on those exact words). She didn’t know that we lost two children before we had our son.
That triggered memories not of vision but of strong feeling.

When my father-in-law was living with us as he was dying, I strongly experienced there being someone in the room waiting. My father-in-law never spoke of his experiences outside of the great fear he had for some time. One night he said "I'm ready now." and those were his last words.

A friend at one point realized that she had done everything she wanted to do in life and was ready for the transition to the next phase. I would sit with her and meditate. Images came to my mind's eye which formed themselves into a poem which ended: with images I had on the last day of her life:

Exaltation

Leaping free.
Soaring arias.
A young girl dancing.
Attar of white roses.
A divine being
- arms opened wide.
Melting into sunshine.
Gone.

PS: I appreciated the clear explanation of "gifts of the spirit". They more than counterbalance the dismissive negativity that is all too common.

Kenny

Premium Member
That triggered memories not of vision but of strong feeling.

When my father-in-law was living with us as he was dying, I strongly experienced there being someone in the room waiting. My father-in-law never spoke of his experiences outside of the great fear he had for some time. One night he said "I'm ready now." and those were his last words.

A friend at one point realized that she had done everything she wanted to do in life and was ready for the transition to the next phase. I would sit with her and meditate. Images came to my mind's eye which formed themselves into a poem which ended: with images I had on the last day of her life:

Exaltation

Leaping free.
Soaring arias.
A young girl dancing.
Attar of white roses.
A divine being
- arms opened wide.
Melting into sunshine.
Gone.

PS: I appreciated the clear explanation of "gifts of the spirit". They more than counterbalance the dismissive negativity that is all too common.

wow!

Love it all. And so true about there being a presence that can be felt.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
We actually have five… two miscarriages and then we birthed a son and two daughters.

Interesting story… my wife always wondered what did we have for the two miscarriages. I never knew she wanted to know and we never publicized the fact that we lost two children.

About 20 years later, after we were born again, an elderly lady (in her eighties) was in the hospital. Her husband had already left for Heaven. I went to pray for her and she said, “Pastor, I don’t know if I was in Heaven or what… but I saw my husband, extended family and then i saw two boys that we a little older than your son but they looked very similar”. (LOL - after another 30 years that have passed, don’t quote me on those exact words). She didn’t know that we lost two children before we had our son.

When I relayed what she said to my wife, it was then she shared that she had always wondered and wanted to know what she had.
That's a really moving story. :) How did you both feel to hear that news?

So, you're a Pastor? How did that begin?
The Charismatic movement in the US started at the Azusa Street in Los Angeles marked with miracles (Greek Charisma - charismatic - gifts of the Spirit) and with the speaking in other tongues - (Greek - Glossolalia). It also happened in other parts of the world.

From that movement the Church of God, Assemblies of God, Four Square Church, Pentecostal Church and others were birthed.

The gifts of the spirit are detailed as following:

Revelation Gifts:
word of wisdom - When God reveals something that will be in the future
word of knowledge - When God reveal something about the past or present that the person used by God would have no knowledge of
discerning of spirits - Where God opens the eyes of a person to see into the spirit realm
How does one know when they are getting a revelation from God?
Power Gifts:
faith = Faith beyond one’s personal faith to complete the will of God
gifts of healing - Where God effects a healing over time
working of miracles - Where God effects an instantaneous miracle.
Have you experienced any personal miracles?
Speaking gifts:
prophecy - to utter a statement from God to edify, exhort or comfort a person(s)
divers kinds of tongues - tongues of angels or men that is unknown to the speaker
interpretation of tongues - interpretation of said tongues.
How does one know if they, or someone else, is speaking in tongues?
Well… :) that’s the short of the long of it.
Thanks for the explanation. :)
Hope you have a great rest of your day
You too!

Kenny

Premium Member
That's a really moving story. :) How did you both feel to hear that news?

Extremely excited and funny at the same time. I say funny :) because we had determined that the first boy we had would have my name and we would him by his middle name. So I say, “When I get to Heave and I say, ‘Hey, Wayne”, I just might have three heads turning.

Of course my wife had a deep sigh filled with joy.

Loosing them here was emotionally draining but knowing we are going to see each other again is comforting!

So, you're a Pastor? How did that begin?

I was 28 when I gave my life to Christ. Our marriage turned around in 24 hours (really less but that is when I noticed it). At that point, I was determined to continue in the business world which I loved participating in. Serving in the church on Sundays and Wednesday nights became a passion for my wife and I. (Incidentally, 50 year anniversary coming up on Sept 7th) WOOHOO!! :D

After about three years, I found myself not wanting to be in the business world anymore but wanted to serve full time at the church we attended and a spot opened up and I took it.

It was another 6 years before I realized that I was called to be a pastor.

How does one know when they are getting a revelation from God?

That's a great question! The easiest way is to make sure it isn’t violating scripture and scriptural principles. I would also find wisdom from those who one knows to be spiritually mature and share the revelation since, scripturally, it says, “Every matter must be established by the testimony oftwo or three witnesses.”.

Have you experienced any personal miracles?

Before I gave my life to Jesus and before I was married, I remember drinking a Tom Collins at a bar appropriately called, “Mac’s Zoo Room” :D As I stared into the drink I remember thinking, “Where are all the miracles that I have heard about in the Bible”. Well :) the only miracle you can find in a alcoholic beverage is maybe a few pink elephants.

After, miracles not a few. But also looking back in my life, I could really see God trying to keep me from destroying myself. I believe He works miracles that we aren’t even aware of or maybe better said, don’t acknowledge. Like when you hear someone say, “I should have been dead!”. IMV, was it just coincidence? Or was God trying to keep us.

But I have received healing miracles, financial miracles and provision miracles.

How does one know if they, or someone else, is speaking in tongues?

Another great question. This one gift probably has the most questions and raises the most doubts - since I had both questions and doubts. How to enumerate it on a keyboard? Maybe a little difficult. More like you have to be there to know, type of a situation.

Certainly it is a language one doesn’t know nor understands as it says in 1st Cor. So back in the younger years of my life when I had first received the evidence of speaking in tongues, I began wondering if I was just making it up. The pastor, on a Sunday, asked me to pray for their son who had symptoms that doctors didn’t know what the problem was or how to address it. I was young in the faith and didn’t know what to pray but began praying in tongues. It was as if someone turned a faucet on and I could stop. Then, after maybe 15 seconds or so, it was just as suddenly turned off. The symptoms left. That was the last time I doubted the gift.

Most of 1 Corinthians 14 deals with all the nuances.

I’m not sure that really answers the question. Maybe it’s like the 6th sense that women are famous for. you just know.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

You too!

Blessings!

Ken

Kenny

Premium Member
Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 5.13.20 PM Medium.jpegScreenshot 2024-07-25 at 5.33.48 PM Medium.jpegScreenshot 2024-07-25 at 5.39.47 PM Medium.jpegScreenshot 2024-07-25 at 5.40.07 PM Medium.jpegScreenshot 2024-07-25 at 5.47.18 PM Medium.jpegScreenshot 2024-07-25 at 5.47.43 PM Medium.jpeg

Royal Gardens in Australia.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Extremely excited and funny at the same time. I say funny :) because we had determined that the first boy we had would have my name and we would him by his middle name. So I say, “When I get to Heave and I say, ‘Hey, Wayne”, I just might have three heads turning.
I take it you used that name for a later son, then? You'd the 'the third' out of just two generations, I suppose.
Of course my wife had a deep sigh filled with joy.

Loosing them here was emotionally draining but knowing we are going to see each other again is comforting!
I imagine. :)
I was 28 when I gave my life to Christ. Our marriage turned around in 24 hours (really less but that is when I noticed it). At that point, I was determined to continue in the business world which I loved participating in. Serving in the church on Sundays and Wednesday nights became a passion for my wife and I. (Incidentally, 50 year anniversary coming up on Sept 7th) WOOHOO!! :D
What caused you to seek out Christ? Why did doing so have such a drastic effect on your marriage?
After about three years, I found myself not wanting to be in the business world anymore but wanted to serve full time at the church we attended and a spot opened up and I took it.
What kind of service did you do?
It was another 6 years before I realized that I was called to be a pastor.
What was the call like?
That's a great question! The easiest way is to make sure it isn’t violating scripture and scriptural principles. I would also find wisdom from those who one knows to be spiritually mature and share the revelation since, scripturally, it says, “Every matter must be established by the testimony oftwo or three witnesses.”.
That makes good sense.

What would be an indication of a 'violation' of said principles?
Before I gave my life to Jesus and before I was married, I remember drinking a Tom Collins at a bar appropriately called, “Mac’s Zoo Room” :D As I stared into the drink I remember thinking, “Where are all the miracles that I have heard about in the Bible”. Well :) the only miracle you can find in a alcoholic beverage is maybe a few pink elephants.
A pink elephant would be fun, but I hear those type are just temporary.
After, miracles not a few. But also looking back in my life, I could really see God trying to keep me from destroying myself. I believe He works miracles that we aren’t even aware of or maybe better said, don’t acknowledge. Like when you hear someone say, “I should have been dead!”. IMV, was it just coincidence? Or was God trying to keep us.
There really are a lot of small ones...
But I have received healing miracles, financial miracles and provision miracles.
Want to share any of those stories? (If its too personal, that's fine, too.)
Another great question. This one gift probably has the most questions and raises the most doubts - since I had both questions and doubts. How to enumerate it on a keyboard? Maybe a little difficult. More like you have to be there to know, type of a situation.

Certainly it is a language one doesn’t know nor understands as it says in 1st Cor. So back in the younger years of my life when I had first received the evidence of speaking in tongues, I began wondering if I was just making it up. The pastor, on a Sunday, asked me to pray for their son who had symptoms that doctors didn’t know what the problem was or how to address it. I was young in the faith and didn’t know what to pray but began praying in tongues. It was as if someone turned a faucet on and I could stop. Then, after maybe 15 seconds or so, it was just as suddenly turned off. The symptoms left. That was the last time I doubted the gift.

Most of 1 Corinthians 14 deals with all the nuances.
So, to make sure I understand...

While a person is talking in tongues, they are more likely to be able to have guidance or give blessings through divine intervention?
I’m not sure that really answers the question. Maybe it’s like the 6th sense that women are famous for. you just know.
That makes sense. :)
Blessings!

Ken

Kenny

Premium Member
I take it you used that name for a later son, then? You'd the 'the third' out of just two generations, I suppose.

Yes… our intention was to name the first male child with Wayne - which ended up being the name of the third. LOL Don’t know if you can rename them later. :)
What caused you to seek out Christ? Why did doing so have such a drastic effect on your marriage?

We were seeking. I personally believe that everyone has a void that we are trying to fill up with something. Both of us came from a divorced home having the baggage that comes from that and, probably, all I needed was an opportunity to violate our vows and follow my father’s footsteps. Probably at the most 3 years to disaster if not sooner.

Not knowing the first scripture about the bible but having heard that Jesus died for our sins, I was presented with the verse (in Spanish) Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I raised my hand and asked if it was necessary to confess with your mouth. Their response was, “what does it say”? And it was still there :)

Three things went through my mind:

1) My life is going from bad to worse, I think I need to try something different
2) The bible is either false or true. I’ll begin with believing it is true and test the sucker and I will find out soon enough if is true or not.
3) It won’t hurt me to confess Jesus and my Lord.

So I went up, followed by my wife’s sister, and then my wife (each with different reasons) and we all confessed Jesus as Lord from our hearts.

The next day I called my wife and heard her voice and new something had changed in her. What also changed iin my was I found a new love for her that basically erased every thought of violating the vows. Later I understood that I had been born again and God, who is love, had filled my life. That was the first drastic effect on my life.

What kind of service did you do?

We had jumped into serving the children on Saturdays. We would go to the neighborhood around the church , invite the children to see a movie, make popcorn, and share the love of Jesus.

LOL It was so funny that at the beginning my wife had asked the children, “Do you want to sing a song?” They all chimed in “YES!”. She asked, “What song do you want to sing”. Most of them said “Jesus love me!”. Her reply, “I don’t know that song, can you help me?” That’s how much of a blank sheet we were. The children’s eyes popped out as they shouted, “YOU DON’T KNOW JESUS LOVES ME?” They were more knowledgeable than we were.

I always wondered how in the world did the pastors let us do that! :D We were Bible illiterates! I guess, since it was a small church, if someone had two legs, they were using them! :D

We then joined the children’s ministry and basically learned from teaching at the beginning (and listening to the pastor’s sermons too).

What was the call like?

I had worked in every area of ministry. Maintenance, youth and children’s ministry, Spanish ministry, home groups, praise and worship, toilet cleaing :) , church accounting, event manager—you name it, I had done it. At one point I was wondering and considering uprooting our family and going to a Bible College. During the months of prayerful consideration, I heard an inner voice that simply said, “Don’t go, you will get all your training right here!” and the question of going vanished.

Years later hat same inner voice later said, “I’ve called you to be a pastor” and looking back at all I had done, I realized why I had completed every single ministry.

I just knew it was God’s voice.

That makes good sense.

What would be an indication of a 'violation' of said principles?

Two simple ones:

One that you hear about often is if you hear a voice, or a dream or revelation, or an angel that comes and declares, “You are the Messiah that I have called you”. Scripture says, “Many shall come saying they are the Christ”. And instant “nope”!

Another, “88 reason why Jesus is coming back in 1988 - I think there was a book out on it. Scripture is clear, “No one knows the time…"

It can get more complex in other situations.

A pink elephant would be fun, but I hear those type are just temporary.

:D

There really are a lot of small ones...
I believe that!

Want to share any of those stories? (If its too personal, that's fine, too.)

I’m pretty transparent.

On healing, I was in my bed and couldn’t move without excruciating pain enough to go to the hospital. I remember grabbing the side of the bed and rolling off the bed saying, “I’m healed in the name of Jesus!! Repeating the phrase, I began pulling myself to the door, to crawling to the bedroom door, to walking to the door and when I got to the door the pain was gone.

A more funny one was when I was hit with a sneezing fit, runny eyes, fever and snot flowing! In my bed again and called to my wife to come. When she reached the bedroom door I said with a nasally voice, “Betsy, could you make me some chicken soup?”.

She looked at me for about 5 seconds and the said, “YOUR HEALED IIN THE NAME OF JESUS!!”. She turned around and shut the door. We still laugh about it! I was in my bed, no love, no sympathy and NO CHICKEN SOUP! :D

I thought to myself, “Well I can moan, groan and whine but I’m not getting anything” and decided to just get up. The moment I hit the floor everything left! I walked out completely normal. Reminded me of Jesus who rebuked Peter’s mother-in-law’s fever and she just got up!

That’s a couple on the healing side.

So, to make sure I understand...

While a person is talking in tongues, they are more likely to be able to have guidance or give blessings through divine intervention?

Exactly! I have gotten guidance through praying, found what to pray while praying in tongues, and intervention and blessing in people’s lives.

That makes sense. :)
:)

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes… our intention was to name the first male child with Wayne - which ended up being the name of the third. LOL Don’t know if you can rename them later. :)
I think it can be done, but its a heap of red tape(I have a sibling that tried to rename a son).
We were seeking. I personally believe that everyone has a void that we are trying to fill up with something. Both of us came from a divorced home having the baggage that comes from that and, probably, all I needed was an opportunity to violate our vows and follow my father’s footsteps. Probably at the most 3 years to disaster if not sooner.
What lead you to seek?

Its interesting you knew what your downfall would be. Were you trying to avoid it?
Not knowing the first scripture about the bible but having heard that Jesus died for our sins, I was presented with the verse (in Spanish) Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Were you familiar with Christianity at all at the time you began seeking?
I raised my hand and asked if it was necessary to confess with your mouth. Their response was, “what does it say”? And it was still there :)

Three things went through my mind:

1) My life is going from bad to worse, I think I need to try something different
2) The bible is either false or true. I’ll begin with believing it is true and test the sucker and I will find out soon enough if is true or not.
3) It won’t hurt me to confess Jesus and my Lord.

So I went up, followed by my wife’s sister, and then my wife (each with different reasons) and we all confessed Jesus as Lord from our hearts.

The next day I called my wife and heard her voice and new something had changed in her. What also changed iin my was I found a new love for her that basically erased every thought of violating the vows. Later I understood that I had been born again and God, who is love, had filled my life. That was the first drastic effect on my life.
That's a beautiful process...

Why were you and your wife apart after this? (I noticed you said you called her.)
We had jumped into serving the children on Saturdays. We would go to the neighborhood around the church , invite the children to see a movie, make popcorn, and share the love of Jesus.

LOL It was so funny that at the beginning my wife had asked the children, “Do you want to sing a song?” They all chimed in “YES!”. She asked, “What song do you want to sing”. Most of them said “Jesus love me!”. Her reply, “I don’t know that song, can you help me?” That’s how much of a blank sheet we were. The children’s eyes popped out as they shouted, “YOU DON’T KNOW JESUS LOVES ME?” They were more knowledgeable than we were.

I always wondered how in the world did the pastors let us do that! :D We were Bible illiterates! I guess, since it was a small church, if someone had two legs, they were using them! :D

We then joined the children’s ministry and basically learned from teaching at the beginning (and listening to the pastor’s sermons too).
Yes, most religious communities really need those extra legs! Its wonderful both that you were able to jump in like that, and that you were received so well by the community. Sounds like you and the kids learned together.
I had worked in every area of ministry. Maintenance, youth and children’s ministry, Spanish ministry, home groups, praise and worship, toilet cleaing :) , church accounting, event manager—you name it, I had done it. At one point I was wondering and considering uprooting our family and going to a Bible College. During the months of prayerful consideration, I heard an inner voice that simply said, “Don’t go, you will get all your training right here!” and the question of going vanished.
You did get your training right there...

Why did you consider Bible College? Was there something you were worried you weren't getting?
Years later hat same inner voice later said, “I’ve called you to be a pastor” and looking back at all I had done, I realized why I had completed every single ministry.

I just knew it was God’s voice.
What was it like getting into that?
Two simple ones:

One that you hear about often is if you hear a voice, or a dream or revelation, or an angel that comes and declares, “You are the Messiah that I have called you”. Scripture says, “Many shall come saying they are the Christ”. And instant “nope”!

Another, “88 reason why Jesus is coming back in 1988 - I think there was a book out on it. Scripture is clear, “No one knows the time…"
Good guidelines.

:D

I believe that!

I’m pretty transparent.

On healing, I was in my bed and couldn’t move without excruciating pain enough to go to the hospital. I remember grabbing the side of the bed and rolling off the bed saying, “I’m healed in the name of Jesus!! Repeating the phrase, I began pulling myself to the door, to crawling to the bedroom door, to walking to the door and when I got to the door the pain was gone.

A more funny one was when I was hit with a sneezing fit, runny eyes, fever and snot flowing! In my bed again and called to my wife to come. When she reached the bedroom door I said with a nasally voice, “Betsy, could you make me some chicken soup?”.

She looked at me for about 5 seconds and the said, “YOUR HEALED IIN THE NAME OF JESUS!!”. She turned around and shut the door. We still laugh about it! I was in my bed, no love, no sympathy and NO CHICKEN SOUP! :D

I thought to myself, “Well I can moan, groan and whine but I’m not getting anything” and decided to just get up. The moment I hit the floor everything left! I walked out completely normal. Reminded me of Jesus who rebuked Peter’s mother-in-law’s fever and she just got up!

That’s a couple on the healing side.
Thanks for sharing! I'm so happy you were healed when you needed to be!
Exactly! I have gotten guidance through praying, found what to pray while praying in tongues, and intervention and blessing in people’s lives.

:)
Sounds like quite an experience!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Yes the Bible is clear on timing but how would you answer the question: "how should a Christian approach understanding Revelation?"

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yes the Bible is clear on timing but how would you answer the question: "how should a Christian approach understanding Revelation?"
As a Christian, I typically just avoid that book entirely. It's too weird for my taste. But in my defense, I usually avoid Numbers too.

Kenny

Premium Member
I think it can be done, but its a heap of red tape(I have a sibling that tried to rename a son).

LOL

What lead you to seek?

That’s a good question and not one that I have ever been asked before or I have even thought about. So this answer would be “fresh out of the oven”! (But in context of what I now know)

I would have to say that God was always and is always trying to pull people into knowing Him. Maybe just a natural progression in my life? There has to more to life than this? Looking for peace and happiness?

Its interesting you knew what your downfall would be. Were you trying to avoid it?

I suppose at some point. It’s the baggage and teachings. My wife grew up with an alcoholic abusive dad who never said “I love you” or embraced his girls with love. I grew up in a home where there was a lot of hugging an love plus a dad who said, “If you can’t get it at home, there are plenty of fish in the sea” and he demonstrated it ending up with a divorce when I was 16. (very short version of both lives).

Mix those two together and you have all the ingredients for a disaster.

Were you familiar with Christianity at all at the time you began seeking?

Only what you hear normally on a street level. My parents didn’t go to church. Probably heard something on TV but I wouldn’t remember if I did or what was said

That's a beautiful process...

thank you
Why were you and your wife apart after this? (I noticed you said you called her.)

So sorry… I knew in my mind what was happening but obviously didn’t communicate… I called from my worlk
Yes, most religious communities really need those extra legs! Its wonderful both that you were able to jump in like that, and that you were received so well by the community. Sounds like you and the kids learned together.

Yes
You did get your training right there..
I did

Why did you consider Bible College? Was there something you were worried you weren't getting?

Not really worried. The pastor had gone to a Bible College as did others. Didn’t know if that was the route I should take or not
What was it like getting into that?

It was natural and not difficult. Like you are flowing in your stream. Though many hardships, it was like I knew God would take care of everything. As we started our own church in our house, it was “Work during the daytime and pastoring evenings and weekends”. Exciting, full of joy. Like they say, “You never go to work when you do what you love to do"

Good guidelines.

Thanks for sharing! I'm so happy you were healed when you needed to be!

Sounds like quite an experience!
Thanks JustGeorge.

Last edited: