• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony of the evolutionary belief

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hehehe, afraid of science?

I'm impresed that some people who consider themselves "apes" called themselves "scientists" ...

I used to work in a psychiatric hospital, and a patient jumped off the roof because he said he was going to fly.

You can call yourself what you want ... leave me, and true science, out of your imagination. ;)
Do you seriously think that is a good argument? And I am rather impressed that someone that supposedly worked in a psychiatric hospital could deny reality so vehemently.

Eli G

It's funny when you think about it...if they consider themselves apes, children of apes, they might as well be grandchildren of frogs and great-grandchildren of cockroaches...what difference does it make? :p

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
If it existed there would be lots of evidence but there is none.
Except that there is evidence. It has been presented to you many times. As with @Eli G, your willful ignorance and denial are not evidence against it.
there would be many instances of slight changes in species over long periods but this is not seen.
It is seen. I doubt you have ever looked or you didn't see it, since you don't want to see it perhaps. That seems reasonable given that is consistent with the observations of your posts.
It's not that there are a lot of missing links so much as the entire "fossil record" is a missing link.
That doesn't even make any sense unless you are trying to say that fossils represent transitions and it is observation of the series that reveals the changes.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
After years of engaging with literalist creationist, which I take as your meaning of creationist here, I have come to the conclusion, well past overdue mind you, that there is no real interest in learning, genuine debate, or respect for what others have to say. So, I am transitioning to correction of the often fallacious, erroneous and empty claims and a few questions that I have no expectation will be answered. I offer them so that others can read them and see that they are not answered. Others can ponder or accumulate evidence for that failure in their own assessments.

The "drive by" popping in and out approach and not directly addressing my posts does not make me confident that there is much daring in their approach to this subject. The entire volume of encounters I have lead me to the conclusion that they are afraid of science, knowing its successes and even more afraid of Christians that accept science. After all, these debates occur in a medium purely resulting from the fruits of science and the application of those fruits to a user friendly technology.
Yes, that is why you are a bigger threat than I am. Most Christians do not care to debate the topic. But quite a few fundamentalists are. When they do so they see that almost all of their fellow debaters are Christians so they come to the wrong conclusion that evolution is an atheistic concept even though worldwide there are more Christian "evolutionists" than creationists.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It's funny when you think about it...if they consider themselves apes, children of apes, they might as well be grandchildren of frogs and great-grandchildren of cockroaches...what difference does it make? :p
This is just meaningless denial in a nonsense sentence.

Apes is a common name for a group of five related species that includes Homo sapiens. The relationship is based on evidence. If you do not agree, then it is your duty and responsibility to review the evidence and explain how the conclusion is wrong.

I don't ever expect to see that happen.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is not accurate. Wanting to know what actually led up to us is a very human trait. But for creationists fear overrides curiosity.

You still seem to be bothered by the fact that you are an ape. As you keep saying "what difference does it make?" Do you think that it makes more sense to call God a liar as you and other creationists do?

Eli G

... I don't give any relevancy to "evolutionist" philosophy. It's just a construct following a myth ... pretending to be science. ;)

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Hehehe, afraid of science?
Sure. That is why you are here. You don't understand it. It makes you uncomfortable. You were told it is wrong and evil and you accept that without challenge.
I'm impresed that some people who consider themselves "apes" called themselves "scientists" ...
I'm impressed that some people that are frightened of something and with only ignorance and denial consider they have a voice in an argument.
I used to work in a psychiatric hospital, and a patient jumped off the roof because he said he was going to fly.
And science explains why he could not.
You can call yourself what you want ... leave me, and true science, out of your imagination. ;)
What you call true science is probably science you don't understand any better than the science that frightens you. It just doesn't obviously pose a threat to you emotionally by challenging the dogma you have been told you must believe in order to hold the religious views you were told to have.

Science that you don't appear to be afraid of is the same as the science you do appear to be afraid of.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is just meaningless denial in a nonsense sentence.

Apes is a common name for a group of five related species that includes Homo sapiens. The relationship is based on evidence. If you do not agree, then it is your duty and responsibility to review the evidence and explain how the conclusion is wrong.

I don't ever expect to see that happen.
Creationists are not idiots. Well some are, but then the same applies to atheists. Most of them are more than intelligent enough to understand evolution. It is fear that appears to be holding them back. It forces them to keep themselves from learning because they can see that knowledge is a threat to their beliefs. And keeping themselves ignorant tends to make them look less intelligent than they actually are.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
... I don't give any relevancy to "evolutionist" philosophy. It's just a construct following a myth ... pretending to be science. ;)
A claim you are certainly at liberty to defend, but I don't see that happening. Just more evidence of denial without any basis. Too bad.

I think we should just correct these things as they pop up.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, that is a falsehood. A definite breaking of the Ninth Commandment. And even a lie by Abraham Lincoln's standards:

I believe it is an established maxim in morals that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false, is guilty of falsehood; and the accidental truth of the assertion, does not justify or excuse him.

Or maybe not. You are definitely guilty of falsehood.

And as I said, fear is what drives this. I am more than happy to go over the concept of scientific evidence that applies to all of the sciences, not just evolution. And using the proper definition of scientific evidence I can demonstrate that there is endless evidence that you are an ape. And by the same rules I predict that you cannot show any scientific evidence for your beliefs.

Eli G

When did apes start covering their private parts like humans?
When did they come down from the trees and start building shelters?
When did they start counting and doing math operations?
When did apes start talking and when did they start writing?

You need a lot of imagination to enrich the myth. And you need too much pressure on intelligent people to make them accept so much fiction as reality... I guess that justifies the pressure from certain individuals on this forum, who although ignored by me, continue to try to engage in dialogue with me. Sad (self-called) apes :(

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, that is why you are a bigger threat than I am. Most Christians do not care to debate the topic. But quite a few fundamentalists are. When they do so they see that almost all of their fellow debaters are Christians so they come to the wrong conclusion that evolution is an atheistic concept even though worldwide there are more Christian "evolutionists" than creationists.
The funny thing is that there are lots of Christians that accept this science and they are no less Christian for doing so. Fundamentalists seem to add a lot of rules to what it means to be Christian that simply are not real.

It is consistent phenomenon that the empty can really does rattle the most. You see it often in a lot of contemporary "debate" where it seems like the smaller the group, the larger the voice giving the impression that a lot of people hold a particular view when it is really a minority.

cladking

Except that there is evidence. It has been presented to you many times. As with @Eli G, your willful ignorance and denial are not evidence against it.

I guess I'm not the only one who hasn't seen it then.

Meanwhile in every post I present actual evidence such as all observed change in all life and all species is sudden.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
When did apes start covering their private parts like humans?
When did they come down from the trees and start building shelters?
When did they start counting and doing math operations?
When did apes start talking and when did they start writing?
This is just desperate nonsense regarding behavioral traits that might differentiate us as a species from our fellow apes, but doesn't eliminate the relationship demonstrated in the fossils, physiology, biogeography, genes, biochemistry,...
You need a lot of imagination to enrich the myth.
Just the evidence that doesn't support your claim of myth. So sorry.
And you need too much pressure on intelligent people to make them accept so much fiction as reality...
Again, just evidence, reason and logic. It is pressure on those to deny it that we are seeing here.
I guess that justifies the pressure from certain individuals on this forum, who although ignored by me, continue to try to engage in dialogue with me. Sad (self-called) apes :(
I don't know who you mean. Since you are addressing what I put in every post, that is certainly evidence that you do not mean me even if you don't respond directly to those posts. If you do mean me, does that help you feel better inside. Is it showing the strength of your faith? That is a lot of evidence of fear to me.

Eli G

Humans are far beyond animals, like the sky is far away from the earth surface.
You are just dreamers, believers of myths.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I'm not the only one who hasn't seen it then.
You are not the only one that has an agenda that causes you to ignore the evidence and look away.
Meanwhile in every post I present actual evidence such as all observed change in all life and all species is sudden.
You present no evidence. You make ever wilder claims with all the same evidence. That is to say nothing.

Eli G

There is not any evidence for evolution of one species into another one. It's fiction to support the myth. ;)