• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony of the evolutionary belief

Eli G

I guess the only thing apes can do is scream... and that's why there are only disqualifications over and over again... :cool:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I guess the only thing apes can do is scream... and that's why there are only disqualifications over and over again... :cool:
Disqualifications? Perhaps you mean retractions. And retractions are a very very small percentage of articles published. About a tenth of a percent.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Try again. The search was to be in the scientific literature. Wait, I will do it for you:

Sorry, only 5,170,000 results. And on the first page it is roughly fifty/fifty in regards to whether or not he exists. The search on evolution is going to be almost totally in support of the concept.
I assumed he was using Google or some general search engine and would expect the results for God to bring back numerous hits. It doesn't really change that doing so does nothing to support the claim that evolution is a myth without evidence.

It is a response in vain. Sort of taking the Lord's name in vain in a sense.

However, if you use Google to search for evolution, 4 billion results are returned in 0.53 seconds. And that is for a subject that has only been in the public arena for roughly 200 years.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I think a literalist creationist can do more than that but chooses not to.

I also note that again, it is you that is lobbing the implied insults when it was you that spent the time to make a thread complaining about being insulted. I find the irony of that to be so delicious.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think atheists will ever invent an ape pride? :rolleyes:
Ah, the defeat defiance ritual. I understand.

I don't know what this means in support of your claims. It seems like another implied insult. Is that representative of the strength of your faith?

What atheists do regarding the recognition of their scientific grouping is hardly the subject of this thread.

I'm sort of sad that you feel you have to take this route. Again, I do understand how defeat can make one do pointless things.

Eli G

Let's talk "web": Did you know that the official JWs website is the most translated in the whole net?

... more than any scientific institution website, more than NASA's website, more than the Vatican's website, a lot more than any other website, simply THE MOST TRANSLATED, without adds, with security, totally free for all public ...

:cool:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Let's talk "web": Did you know that the official JWs website is the most translated in the whole net?

... more than any scientific institution website, more than NASA's website, more than the Vatican's website, a lot more than any other website, simply THE MOST TRANSLATED, without adds, with security, totally free for all public ...

:cool:
Don't care. It doesn't have anything to do with the topic of the thread and doesn't support your claims.

This is just meaningless defeat response ritual as far as I see it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
f it existed there would be lots of evidence but there is none. there would be many instances of slight changes in species over long periods but this is not seen. It's not that there are a lot of missing links so much as the entire "fossil record" is a missing link.

Langkawi bent-toed gecko.
Pygmy three-toed sloth.
And of course, my avatar are just 3 examples of evidence of evolution

So yes, changes are seen. And lots of them

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Why are you crying so much? :(
I am predicting more of this to come.

It certainly will help your case about that personal grievance thread about the insults of atheists too. And the quality of the witness is astounding too.

Oh, the irony!

Eli G

I am trying to find anything useful in your last, about 10 posts, and all I see is like a tantrum of a child who is telling someone that he fought with someone else and won, but he won't stop crying. :D

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I am trying to find anything useful in your last, about 10 posts, and all I see is like a tantrum of a child who is telling someone that he fought with someone else and won, but he won't stop crying. :D
Oh, the irony!

I see it too, but not in any of my threads. I have no reason for it. Considering the responses I'm seeing, I am fairly contented and happy with the outcome.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
And look. My prediction was correct too. How pleasing.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And every one of those changes is sudden.

Bull, the gecko admittedly is quite suddenly, small changes can be observed on a year by year basis. That is why it is being studied.
The sloth has changed to what it is now over around 10,000 years, more precisely, since the melting of the last ice age.
And the human skull in my avatar has had around 22000 years to become the modern human.

Would you call these sudden?