• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony of the evolutionary belief

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Creationists are not idiots. Well some are, but then the same applies to atheists. Most of them are more than intelligent enough to understand evolution. It is fear that appears to be holding them back. It forces them to keep themselves from learning because they can see that knowledge is a threat to their beliefs. And keeping themselves ignorant tends to make them look less intelligent than they actually are.
That is consistent with the sort of response to the science I have seen over the years. Let's face it, science has a strong track record. That coupled with being told that you have to deny this stuff to be a "true" Christian and this sort of response is all that can be manifested. I don't understand this sort of paradigm and have come to see it as a nearly impenetrable barrier to intellectually honest debate and discussion in any reasonable way. Correction is about the only thing left after that.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Bull, the gecko admittedly is quite suddenly, small changes can be observed on a year by year basis. That is why it is being studied.
The sloth has changed to what it is now over around 10,000 years, more precisely, since the melting of the last ice age.
And the human skull in my avatar has had around 22000 years to become the modern human.

Would you call these sudden?
I wouldn't call any of them sudden. To do so is to alter the meaning of the word rendering it useless.

The are all evidence of change over different stretches of time. Calling all that sudden would make that word useless in explanation.

No evidence has ever been offered to support this wild claim of all change in living things being sudden. The best and most humorous response as been that they are all sudden in relation to the time it takes galaxies to form. But that doesn't really show that they are all sudden, just collectively more rapid than galactic evolution.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Rosalynn Carter died. It didn't take her millions of years.

Indeed all change in life is apparently quite sudden.
I asked for evidence to support your claim and this is the what you come up with?

Seriously?

No one ever claimed that death takes millions of years. Addressing a straw man is not evidence of your claim.

Considering how you deliver this claim as if privy to the knowledge of omniscience, you should be able to fill the thread with the evidence and explanation. The reality is that you only come up with some trivial fact that answers a straw man that no one but you has brought up.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

According to your version of things, women should be exploding all over the planet as grown offspring burst from the wombs knocking their partners out of the way given that you believe copulation, fertilization, gestation and maturation all happen instantly. Actually, they should be exploding and those with daughters should have exploding daughters and more daughters. That is how ridiculous your claim is.

All change in all living things happens at variable rates that are not the same and not all sudden. That stands in correspondence to observation and has not been refuted.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

What leads you to repeat the claim that all change in all living things is sudden when you clearly do not have the evidence to support that claim? Why do you adhere and persist in this claim when it goes against the evidence of experiment and observation.

Are the generation times of E. coli, Ephemeroptera, Homo sapiens and Pinus longaeva all sudden and the same duration?

Do all novel, beneficial genes fix in a population at the same rate? In other words, is mutation, reproduction and fixation all sudden?

Do farmers observe a corn crop suddenly after planting?

If a farmer plants a mixed crop of American ginseng, pawpaw and walnuts this coming season, should he expect to harvest from all of them in the following fall? According to your claim his equipment would be wrecked during planting as the walnut trees would burst from the ground suddenly as fully mature trees laden with nuts.

I think if you look at the evidence and think about it, you will find your claim has no merit. It seems you have just come to believe it since that fits with other things you believe, but cannot demonstrate.

Eli G

Oh, the irony!

I see it too, but not in any of my threads. I have no reason for it. Considering the responses I'm seeing, I am fairly contented and happy with the outcome.
You guys are content and happy with just a few thumbs up under your signatures, LOL.

I am in another level ... I don't need human approval to feel myself satisfied with my compromise with the truth and justice of my God, the One who will give me the prize for my hard job. I learned that from my teacher:

John 5:41 I do not accept glory from men

Are you paid for posts? :rolleyes:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
You guys are content and happy with just a few thumbs up under your signatures, LOL.

I am in another level ... I don't need human approval to feel myself satisfied with my compromise with the truth and justice of my God, the One who will give me the prize for my hard job. I learned that from my teacher:

Your comprise with the truth has been noted.

Eli G

Another empty poster, LOL. Welcome to the dark prison of my ignored list ... to make company to some of your friends there :p

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I have no idea. Don't really care. Correcting your erroneous claims and having fun watching you struggle, even now, is satisfying enough.
I am in another level
I agree.
... I don't need human approval to feel myself satisfied with my compromise with the truth and justice of my God, the One who will give me the prize for my hard job. I learned that from my teacher:
I don't think that is true at all. I simply don't believe you.

Responding to your posts doesn't pay. I do it for the benefit of others.

Eli G

Evolution is a myth :cool:

You have not idea about any time something it predicate occurred or any evidence that it did. It is based on the existence of chimeric animals that never have been found. A total myth. :p

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Another empty poster, LOL. Welcome to the dark prison of my ignored list ... to make company to some of your friends there :p
Are you making some sort of concerted effort to contradict your grievance thread? It is working. Just so you know.

Do you have anything that actually pertains to the thread or is it just trivial and cheap insults to help you get through the night?

Eli G

You have not idea about any time something it predicate occurred or any evidence that it did. It is based on the existence of chimeric animals that never have been found. A total myth. :p
Did you realize that chimeras do not exist? :rolleyes:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Already refuted.
You have not idea about any time something it predicate occurred
I have no idea what this sentence says.
or any evidence that it did.
I agree. Given that I'm responding to the incoherent, I can't provide a rational answer to it.
It is based on the existence of chimeric animals that never have been found. A total myth. :p
Whatever it is you are trying to say, I'm confident there will be no evidence to support it.

Eli G

What is the animal that is in the middle of the evolutionary path between the whale and the cow? The whale-cow? o_O

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
What is the animal that is in the middle of the evolutionary path between the whale and the cow? The whale-cow? o_O
They are not in the same evolutionary line.

Turning your own thread into a joke seems like emotional and intellectual suicide. Certainly, it is evidence that you have failed and now must seek some, any, sense of accomplishment. Somehow.

Is that working out?

Any serious points to make or is it just going to be more pointless posts?