• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is a special relationship with God possible?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Believers will see God in the Hereafter, according to the Qur'an

In this world, if one wants to speak to God we pray, and if we want Him to speak to us we read the Qur'an

God is indeed very close and he responds to believers, and remembers them when they remember Him ...

The love of God is the most precious feeling in this world ...
I guess that means that Mohammed did not hear from God since he didn't have the Qu'ran to read.

Supposedly, "God loves everyone the same." However, I am having a hard time connecting with God, except at random, brief moments in life where I "feel the spirit."

I do not have any particular special relationships with those of the opposite sex, or "best friends." I am kind of a loner. I feel hurt that I don't have something special with those around me. I feel at times that if God somehow had something "special for me," that it would all be made just.

It's fine what you guys think because me and God.. are cool :). I know that sounds selfish; i want God to love me more. To say, here son, I am sorry you were not as fortunate on earth, that is why I am giving you this now; your payback.

What is everyone's opinion on this? :help:

heretic

Heretic Knight
What kind of relationship can God have with those who ignore Him or don't believe in Him?

I think God, gives in return the same kind of relationship a human gives , I mean if someone ignores God , God in return will not be interested in such relationship the same way with that who is more interseted in God .

heretic

Heretic Knight
;)
Supposedly, "God loves everyone the same." However, I am having a hard time connecting with God, except at random, brief moments in life where I "feel the spirit."

I do not have any particular special relationships with those of the opposite sex, or "best friends." I am kind of a loner. I feel hurt that I don't have something special with those around me. I feel at times that if God somehow had something "special for me," that it would all be made just.

It's fine what you guys think because me and God.. are cool :). I know that sounds selfish; i want God to love me more. To say, here son, I am sorry you were not as fortunate on earth, that is why I am giving you this now; your payback.

What is everyone's opinion on this? :help:

God loves everyone the same indeed ,but sure will have more interest and love towards those who seek him more than those who ignore or deny him.

I think all of us have hard times connecting with God, cause life itself is hard , it's hard to find answres for many questions through our daily life , it's hard to be satisfied with many of what happened to us ,it's hard to achieve our objectives , and hard to explain why

I had a similar thoughts in my teenage , I felt that I need to have a special relationship withsome else, pure , beautiful and fullfilling , no matter wether a friend , a wife , or a god ,but through mylife I knew that people are people , they are limited. so I seeked for the being who is beyond human limitations.

I read and searched a lot , I knew that everyone has the ability to discover one own mate , I built my own philosohpy about God,life and afterlife, I believe that anyone can have a special place with God , to speak , to see , to experience God in a unique way, I drew a picture of him in my mind to be the loving being , the one who cares for me, my current quest now is to reach the level of awareness of him , which I think needs a lot of spiritual exercises .

I don't think you are selfish in such way of thinking , seeking God and loving him is a beautiful desire in every human being ,finding God and build that unique relationship with him is the aim of our life. so it's not sefish to desire such thing ,in fact it's healthy to have something special with him , because we are made to be special

did you feel bored with my post , I hope I helped any way ;)

zervane

i am a new member.
i don`t believe in any religion,but i respect all and i know there is a unique way for every person in the world to know and reach to God.
i study a lot about sufism,like their way of looking at the world and every aspect,but i never can feel,how they are able to love and feel a God that isn`t touchable or seeable.
may be my ideas looks funny,but i can understand those who are strictly religious,because they think of God as a very poweful,passionate,merciful.......... phenomen,they never talk as sufis talk. i hope i could clear my feelings.

heretic

Heretic Knight
i am a new member.
i don`t believe in any religion,but i respect all and i know there is a unique way for every person in the world to know and reach to God.
i study a lot about sufism,like their way of looking at the world and every aspect,but i never can feel,how they are able to love and feel a God that isn`t touchable or seeable.
may be my ideas looks funny,but i can understand those who are strictly religious,because they think of God as a very poweful,passionate,merciful.......... phenomen,they never talk as sufis talk. i hope i could clear my feelings.

welcome zervane. hope to enjoy RF :)

to love and feel God is not through strictly religiousity , or a mere thinking that God is powerful , passionate ,.. . the main way to love and feel God is through knowing him , knowledge is the only way to me to understand and reach God . this is not impossible , we live this in our lives , for example all of us appreciate or like and icon , or a historical character , a leader , a scientist , a scholar or any one who made great achievements.
when you read ,research , visualize or imagine about God more , you actually build your own philosophy about God , and you can also see what religion or path more suits you to follow .