• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is a special relationship with God possible?

heretic

Heretic Knight
Can we build a special relationship with God even if in afterlife , I mean when we love someone we like to see , to
talk and even to touch and smell the loved one , is this possible if the loved one is God himself . I know it's look a
little sensual , or romantic but I know there are some believes support such idea like Sufism , and some formed
Judaism .How different believes handle this concept ?if there's not such idea in a religion what is the form of the
relationship with God

Me Myself

Back to my username
Can we build a special relationship with God even if in afterlife , I mean when we love someone we like to see , to
talk and even to touch and smell the loved one , is this possible if the loved one is God himself . I know it's look a
little sensual , or romantic but I know there are some believes support such idea like Sufism , and some formed
Judaism .How different believes handle this concept ?if there's not such idea in a religion what is the form of the
relationship with God

God is every relationship you´ve had, and all of those you are up to discover ^-^

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
I don't believe we can know God until justice has been satisfied for our sins. I believe God is both a God of love and justice. He loves us but can't draw near because it would be unjust of him.

heretic

Heretic Knight
God is every relationship you´ve had, and all of those you are up to discover ^-^

nice point , I believe that one of the ways to build my relationship with God is
through our relatioships with everything around us , relations with my family , my
friends , my pet all shape my view of God

heretic

Heretic Knight
I don't believe we can know God until justice has been satisfied for our sins. I believe God is both a God of love and justice. He loves us but can't draw near because it would be unjust of him.

I think the vise versa is true , I believe that God's love surpasses his justice ,
as he created us to show his love to us more than showing his justice , and this encourages people to make a ralationship with him , if you love someone very much won't you overlook and forgive his mistakes.:rolleyes:

religion99

No , because real God is Omniscient , but not Omnipresent. He has neither ability nor willingness to help or harm his devotees or detractors. Any relationship you have with God is one-sided.

Cordoba

relationship with God

Believers will see God in the Hereafter, according to the Qur'an

In this world, if one wants to speak to God we pray, and if we want Him to speak to us we read the Qur'an

God is indeed very close and he responds to believers, and remembers them when they remember Him ...

The love of God is the most precious feeling in this world ...

heretic

Heretic Knight
I believe God's love for us comes through in how he carries out justice for our sins (JC's crucifixtion).

I beleive God's love for us comes through in how he carries out mercy for our sins , I think that honest repenting from our sins is enough , I think God is more merciful
than torturing blessed jesus to forgive our sins.

heretic

Heretic Knight
No , because real God is Omniscient , but not Omnipresent. He has neither ability nor willingness to help or harm his devotees or detractors. Any relationship you have with God is one-sided.

to completely know = completely power .if God is Omniscient , then he has the
ability to totaly control existance , then he is Omnipresent , and able to help or
harm us .
if God has created us and is unwilling to give a look to us , then why should we
listen and obey him , why he created us any way?

heretic

Heretic Knight
Believers will see God in the Hereafter, according to the Qur'an

In this world, if one wants to speak to God we pray, and if we want Him to speak to us we read the Qur'an

God is indeed very close and he responds to believers, and remembers them when they remember Him ...

The love of God is the most precious feeling in this world ...

this is really beautiful , I think God created us for this reason specificly.

Ninez

According to the Scriptures, he's actually neither.

Many Sages One Truth

Yes lovely, separation from the source of all life from birth, then how are you alive?

Many Sages One Truth

Btw, to touch on something the OP got me thinking- yes I do think we can cultivate a relationship with god, even in the next life. I believe we all continue to spiritually progress after death in either a state of nearness or distance from God, and that could entail several things: reincarnation, or other...