• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is a trans man really a man or a trans woman really a woman?

Tulipbee

Let me see if I have this straight: You say I should live my life by the wisdom imparted in a 2000 year old book written by goat herders who thought the sun revolved around a flat earth, but when I point out that it mentions how to treat slaves properly I'm the one who should stop living in the past. That about sum it up?
You should reboot and live in the present where the living God rules

Tulipbee

What I don't understand is why anybody cares about this.

There's nothing in the Bible about it. It directly affects a fraction of one percent of the population.

I don't see why people who are fine with the gender that they were born with feel any need to even have an opinion, much less write legislation!

Take care of your own problems and leave the trans people alone.
Tom
Separation of state and church cures everything but america blends the two into a mess

Tulipbee

I can't even enjoy sex because of the genitals I have. Even with a penis, you can learn to fake it because after awhile it just gets boring and then just a turn off because the heats already died.

I don't see that happening. I've actually planned on throwing out all my panties and any swimming bottoms after I've had genital surgery and getting all new ones that won't have an unsightly sag that mine develop after awhile.

What laws should only apply to whom?

I agree, but that is a different topic and you've not stated how they are abused.

Who is doing this, how so, and in what ways?

There is only one marriage. Christians do not get a special right to claim all heterosexual marriages as their own.
God reconizes the one biblical marriage. The states reconizes the other marriage. That makes two, right? I dont think the states care about God anymore

Tulipbee

Maybe someone should take a poll. I think most women would rather share a restroom with someone with a beard and a vagina instead of someone with lipstick and a penis. Maybe I am wrong but I think people with penises should use one restroom and people with vaginas should use a different restroom. It would be interesting to see what people at large think about this. Not just on this forum because there is not enough independent people to give opinions. Isn't that the basic reason for separate restrooms anyway? People who are really men or women and not just feel like they prefer being something they are not.
Seems like stalls and lobby rooms are two rooms. The stalls are meant for one person. All gender lobby rooms are just big hallways. I think america needs more time to seal the stalls with full walls and doors. The new laws don't get us time to evolve into building new bathrooms. Its like the wheelchair users demanding ramps everywhere right away. No one wants that kind of tax increase

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Marriage is a model of what heaven is like and how it works. If God wrote the Bible, then He cares
God didn't write the Bible. Ancient primitive people did.
This causes a fair number of problems, because people often mistake the opinions of those people for something more important.
Tom

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I'll also add that this has nothing to do with socialization. I wore dresses at times as a kid and played with girl's toys sometimes (I still like stuffed animals), but that didn't change that I still always perceived myself as a male. Even today, I'm fine with "girly stuff" (shoot, I'd even cross dress if I felt like it), and am not macho. I identity as a queer man. Masculinity and femininity are not the same as being male/female or experiencing yourself as such. There's fem trans men and butch trans women. It's like how a cissexual man who likes to cross dress, wear makeup, be androgynous, etc. doesn't make him a woman.

Can you try to translate and elaborate this perception into words ?

I am genuinely interested. When I ask myself whether I perceive myself as a male I am left wondering wondering what it means to perceive oneself as a male.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Seems like stalls and lobby rooms are two rooms. The stalls are meant for one person. All gender lobby rooms are just big hallways. I think america needs more time to seal the stalls with full walls and doors. The new laws don't get us time to evolve into building new bathrooms. Its like the wheelchair users demanding ramps everywhere right away. No one wants that kind of tax increase
Ladies restrooms have stalls. It's not just a bunch of toilets in the middle of the room.

Tulipbee

God didn't write the Bible. Ancient primitive people did.
This causes a fair number of problems, because people often mistake the opinions of those people for something more important.
Tom
Oh well, the 66 book bible is already scientifically proven that God wrote it. Theomatics and ivan panin can show whats been there the whole time. You don't have to believe that.