• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is a trans man really a man or a trans woman really a woman?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
As for seeing genitals in a restroom, isn't the next logical step to let high school students decide what locker room and showers they prefer to use? How many high school girls want to change clothes and shower in the same room as boys who like to think of themselves as girls but have all the male genitals.
FWIW for locker rooms: during the summer, we took my nephew to the local indoor water park. They have three set of change rooms: "men", "women", and "family". We went to "family".

It was laid out with a whole bunch of separate stalls with curtains. We claimed one and took turns changing: my wife, my nephew, and me. We all got changed without ever seeing anyone's genitals. I have no idea who in that change room was trans or cis.

Somehow, the world survived.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
FWIW for locker rooms: during the summer, we took my nephew to the local indoor water park. They have three set of change rooms: "men", "women", and "family". We went to "family".

It was laid out with a whole bunch of separate stalls with curtains. We claimed one and took turns changing: my wife, my nephew, and me. We all got changed without ever seeing anyone's genitals. I have no idea who in that change room was trans or cis.

This is the point.
99% of people don't create any trouble because they don't want any trouble.
If someone does create trouble, the staff should deal with it, whatever it is. Whether it has anything to do with gender or genitalia or not.

Trans people generally don't want trouble. They are simply not The Problem! Just leave them alone and there won't be anything to discuss.
Tom

Koldo

Outstanding Member

One little part of the sky fell down on that day.
That's actually what caused Fred Phelps to wake up every morning. True story.

lostwanderingsoul

It was very nice of 9-10ths Penguin to use the special changing room. I applaud him/her for that.However everyplace does not have a separate room. What about the high scool situation mentioned a few posts back? Schools certainly do not have special locker rooms and showers for every special situation. And they do not have the money to build them. So should people who are born male but identify as female use the same rooms as teenage girls just because they feel like they are female even with full male anatomy? I feel pretty sure most parents of teenage girls would not want this and the girls themselves would not want it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
God reconizes the one biblical marriage. The states reconizes the other marriage. That makes two, right? I dont think the states care about God anymore
Yet many marriages are conducted without god or the state, and not all "marriages" have even been intended to be permanent "one man-one woman" arrangement. Actually, the most common thing, including Biblically, is one man-many wives. That, and our concept of marriage for love that is freely chosen by the individuals involved is a very new concept for us as a species.

Tulipbee

Bh5IApRIMAAbDtD.jpg

Shadow Wolf

ZOMG! For REALZ!? IT survived? You mean people weren't perving on each other, gang rapes going on in every other stall, and Satan laughing and spreading his wings in the middle of it all? Whudda thunk it? (not hoards of people around here)

lostwanderingsoul

Medical conditions like this are very rare. Most people who call themselves something other than their biological sex do it because they just feel different or prefer to be something they are not.

Kapalika

Premium Member
Medical conditions like this are very rare. Most people who call themselves something other than their biological sex do it because they just feel different or prefer to be something they are not.

Actually a lot of studies have shown that there are very real and biological reasons behind transgender people's identification. I can link you some of these from some very reputable sources.

Also, transexualism/transgender has been medically recognized for many many decades and has standardized procedures and standards of care and has requirements for who is diagnosed with gender dysphoria.

Shadow Wolf

Actually a lot of studies have shown that there are very real and biological reasons behind transgender people's identification. I can link you some of these from some very reputable sources.
I choose to ignore those reasons and just believe my self-righteous/self-serving belief that people who hate us are just jealous that we get to experience such basic things in society at multiple levels that very few people actually get to. Such as, I would dare say as a group we are much more keenly aware and knowledgeable about many more aspects and facets of gender than than any random person picked just by the very nature of our existence. There is also the existentialist charm in that we are not just going with the flow and doing what others want us to do, and that we take major steps towards living an authentic life.