• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Abortion Sin??

Draka

Wonder Woman
Is Abortion Sin??

Nope. Not in my religion. There is no concept of "sin" in Wicca for anything to be a "sin".

Look at that...a simple answer to the question without a debate in sight! ;)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Have you ever seen an embryo with it's facial features well defined? It's tiny arms , legs, feet all so very distinguishable. The Baby is viable from the moment of conception. You can call it what you want to but abortion is murder.........Leave religious issues out even though we know what God thinks about it........Even with our sometimes messed up judicial system, when you take a human life it is murder......
You can certainly leave them out, but that would be a different thread.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Have you ever seen an embryo with it's facial features well defined? It's tiny arms , legs, feet all so very distinguishable. The Baby is viable from the moment of conception. You can call it what you want to but abortion is murder.........Leave religious issues out even though we know what God thinks about it........Even with our sometimes messed up judicial system, when you take a human life it is murder......

But the question is: is an enbryo a human life? What would be your criteria?

+Xausted

that is harsh. self defense maybe but not murder

gnomon

Nope. Not in my religion. There is no concept of "sin" in Wicca for anything to be a "sin".

Look at that...a simple answer to the question without a debate in sight! ;)

Possibly.

Wicca definitely seems to be the most open in regards to personal interpretation but do Wiccans not have a concept of moral transgression?

edit: I do agree that Wicca doesn't have anything amounting to official doctrine. From what I read, Wicca don't work that way.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Possibly.

Wicca definitely seems to be the most open in regards to personal interpretation but do Wiccans not have a concept of moral transgression?

edit: I do agree that Wicca doesn't have anything amounting to official doctrine. From what I read, Wicca don't work that way.

We don't have "sin". There is nothing we do that causes a permanent black mark on our soul. We self-judge and the universe is balanced through karma. This is where reincarnation comes in as well. Our intent, whether malicious or well-meaning in our circumstances, determine our karma and how our spirits will view themselves when time for self-evaluation at the end of this life and before beginning the next. It is the intent of the action in certain situations that is important, not just the action itself.

edit: and no, that is not "official doctrine" as you are right, we don't really have any. Just a very commonly held belief that permeates throughout Wiccans in general.

gnomon

We don't have "sin". There is nothing we do that causes a permanent black mark on our soul. We self-judge and the universe is balanced through karma. This is where reincarnation comes in as well. Our intent, whether malicious or well-meaning in our circumstances, determine our karma and how our spirits will view ourselves when time for self-evaluation at the end of this life and before beginning the next. It is the intent of the action in certain situations that is important, not just the action itself.

I see.

And frubals to you for answering the OP. The reason I asked is that even Hinduism and some forms of Buddhism hold to ideas equivalent to sin. I had no idea if Wiccan's did.

Thanks.

weeman2682

Sith Lord
I think abortion is wrong unless there is a legitamate medical reason and theres no other option. The baby didnt ask to be put there if they abort it simply because they dont want it i think its just as bad as murder because that is basically what the parents are doing. If they dont want the child theres adoption and other things they can do

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think abortion is wrong unless there is a legitamate medical reason and theres no other option. The baby didnt ask to be put there if they abort it simply because they dont want it i think its just as bad as murder because that is basically what the parents are doing. If they dont want the child theres adoption and other things they can do

I just love this.."adoption"..

I wonder what the "other things" are though..

Love

Dallas

Dr Jecto

When in the birth cycle would abortion be considered murder? One must turn to science to make an opinion on abortion because the bible does not give a chart of the development of a fetus.

Mulder

Doesn't anyone find it as disgusting as I do that these abortions are allowed up to eight months into fetus development?
One must turn to science to make an opinion on abortion because the bible does not give a chart of the development of a fetus.
Four words:
"Thou shalt not kill."- Bible (NKJV)