• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Draka

Wonder Woman
No, bi-curious people are in a curious stage. Homosexuals know what they like. And what they like isn't the opposite sex.
I know I was never "curious". I've never had any inclination to consider women as any more than just friends. I've always been attracted to men. I liked boys as a little girl. I just have always known I liked males. There was no choice.

MountainPine

Deuteronomy 30:16
So you didn't consciously choose your sexual orientation. Thank you.

The rest of this answer is garbage.

Getting frustrated? LOL. I chose women because they were more appealing, and it just makes sense because it is natural. How hard is that to figure out? Homosexual does not have a role in procreation. It just brings pleasure from lust. There is a difference between love and emotional lust. Most homosexuals are unhappy with their lives, and not due to social stigmatization, but because true love is absent.

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I fail to believe you are actually this obtuse.

I am replying directly to statements you made about where you get your views on homosexuality, which definitely pertains to the subject of the thread. You said you rely on the ancient peoples of the Bible, whom you believe were wiser and more moral than you are. I pointed out that they stoned people to death for minor infractions and dashed babies' heads against rocks at god's command. Then you came back and said you don't listen to those people because they're "faithless" (even though they were commanded by god to do such things), rather you relied on the word of ancient prophets, the contents of the 10 commandments and the sermon on the mount. To which I asked the question you have refused to answer for several pages now. That question was:

Then I repeat, where do your views against homosexuality come from then? Jesus never mentioned it and the 10 commandments don't refer to it. If those are the "relevant teachings" where are you coming up with your views on it?
The reason you do not understand is because it is you who is obtuse....you do not understand logic... Trying to change the subject to shellfish is not going to work, trying to create a strawman to digress from the topic is not going to work, trying to misdirect is not going to work... The topic is....is homosexuality a sin according to the bible? ... And the answers is....read em and weep....Genesis 19 .... Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ... Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10

Now no amount of hand waving and crying about shellfish and rock hurling ancients is going to change the topic of this thread....so get used to it....

Draka

Wonder Woman
Ha ha ha, riiiiiiiiiiiight...... You act like I don't know my own psychology.
Oh? So then you openly admit bisexuality and that you just choose to only pursue relationships with women? If that's the case then you could have just said so. It is quite a common thing actually for some who are bisexual to just prefer to pursue relationships with one gender only. Especially if they have either had a bad experience with one gender or have religious reasons. And whereas it may well end up being a choice for you, being attracted to both genders naturally, it simply isn't a choice for most other people. Most people are not bisexual. For most people orientation is one or the other and it is innate within us and we couldn't decide to be another way, to have a relationship with the gender we aren't oriented towards, no matter how hard we might try. It does explain some things though. I think often those who think it is a choice are actually bisexual because they seem to think that the attraction or curiosity for both genders is there for everyone when it simply isn't. Honestly, if you can choose, it means you find both genders attractive in that way and that means you are bisexual. Most people aren't so most people have no choice. We just are what we are.

MountainPine

Oh? So then you openly admit bisexuality and that you just choose to only pursue relationships with women? If that's the case then you could have just said so. It is quite a common thing actually for some who are bisexual to just prefer to pursue relationships with one gender only. Especially if they have either had a bad experience with one gender or have religious reasons. And whereas it may well end up being a choice for you, being attracted to both genders naturally, it simply isn't a choice for most other people. Most people are not bisexual. For most people orientation is one or the other and it is innate within us and we couldn't decide to be another way, to have a relationship with the gender we aren't oriented towards, no matter how hard we might try. It does explain some things though. I think often those who think it is a choice are actually bisexual because they seem to think that the attraction or curiosity for both genders is there for everyone when it simply isn't. Honestly, if you can choose, it means you find both genders attractive in that way and that means you are bisexual. Most people aren't so most people have no choice. We just are what we are.

I never said I was bisexual. Curiosity =/= sexuality.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I never said I was bisexual. Curiosity =/= sexuality.
Bi-curious still has to have some element of bisexuality to it though. You have to find both genders attractive, in that way, to at least consider both genders. Most don't. I certainly never did consider women. You can ask gays as well. Most who claim to be gay (as I'm sure some are actually bi just as you claim straight but have some bi about you) never had any attraction towards the opposite sex. They may have pursued a relationship out of pressure, but the attraction or even curiosity was never there. In order for there to be a choice of any kind it has to mean some level of bisexuality. You have to have natural attraction to both genders in order for a choice of any kind to be possible. If the attraction to both isn't there...no choice.

MountainPine

Just so you know, I've always known that the opposite sex was the correct sex, even before puberty. It's common sense. FYI, I'm still a virgin, so I never really had a sexuality, only fantasies) People who are gay have been either victims of abuse or poorly raised. I have a cousin who is gay, and the reason being is because he played with dolls and Barbies as his only toys as a child (starting at age 3), due to too much influence from his older sister and encouragement from his mom. His dad was too permissive and lazy about it and never took the time to introduce him boy activities until it was too late. He wasn't born gay, he was raised gay.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Just so you know, I've always known that the opposite sex was the correct sex, even before puberty. It's common sense. People who are gay have been either victims of abuse or poorly raised. I have a cousin who is gay, and the reason being is because he played with dolls and Barbies as his only toys as a child (starting at age 3), due to too much influence from his older sister and encouragement from his mom. His dad was too permissive and lazy about it and never took the time to introduce him boy activities until it was too late. He wasn't born gay, he was raised gay.
That's all just ridiculous. Let's start at the beginning shall we? It wasn't that you always knew the opposite sex was the "correct" sex, that was what you were taught. What you grew to believe. So when you did find that you were "curious" about both genders the decision was already made for you.

As for the other part, complete rubbish. Did you ever think he played with dolls because he was...gay? Playing with dolls or being more interested in more feminine type things doesn't make one a gay boy, they play with them because they ARE gay. There were born that way. :facepalm: Not raised. You can't raise straight or gay. Completely absurd. And it isn't a matter of abuse either. There are many straight people who have been abused as children. If it was a matter of abuse then we should have a whole hell of a lot more gays in the world. And what of the gays who weren't abused? Who played sports and did "manly" things? Huh? Nope...chock full of absurd that post was.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I was speaking of morality. You're speaking of laws. IRRELEVANT.

I have, but you decided to ignore the link I posted in #1911.

lol, don't be ridiculous. We've been through this already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_female_genital_mutilation

*yawn*

I've never implied anyone said that.

(1): And I did something your book says not to do, IRRELEVANT.

(2): No, I just will not lie and call it evidence.

(3): And you have yet to provide an effective counterargument.

(4): Quoted from the page you linked:

Female Genital Mutilation occurs in Muslim as well as non-Muslim societies in Africa and is practiced by Christians, Muslims and Animists alike. In Egypt, where perhaps 97 percent of girls suffer genital mutilation, both Christian Copts and Muslims are complicit. Thus, it has long been concluded to be a cultural practice, not connected to religion.

(5): So no counter arguments?

(6): Really?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Just so you know, I've always known that the opposite sex was the correct sex, even before puberty. It's common sense. FYI, I'm still a virgin, so I never really had a sexuality, only fantasies) People who are gay have been either victims of abuse or poorly raised. I have a cousin who is gay, and the reason being is because he played with dolls and Barbies as his only toys as a child (starting at age 3), due to too much influence from his older sister and encouragement from his mom. His dad was too permissive and lazy about it and never took the time to introduce him boy activities until it was too late. He wasn't born gay, he was raised gay.

Wow playing with dolls made him homosexual?

You are acting like an idiot.

If this is a bad activity that can be fixed then how come homosexuals cannot stop being homosexuals?

MountainPine

Bi-curious still has to have some element of bisexuality to it though. You have to find both genders attractive, in that way, to at least consider both genders. Most don't. I certainly never did consider women. You can ask gays as well. Most who claim to be gay (as I'm sure some are actually bi just as you claim straight but have some bi about you) never had any attraction towards the opposite sex. They may have pursued a relationship out of pressure, but the attraction or even curiosity was never there. In order for there to be a choice of any kind it has to mean some level of bisexuality. You have to have natural attraction to both genders in order for a choice of any kind to be possible. If the attraction to both isn't there...no choice.

That's all just ridiculous. Let's start at the beginning shall we? It wasn't that you always knew the opposite sex was the "correct" sex, that was what you were taught. What you grew to believe. So when you did find that you were "curious" about both genders the decision was already made for you.

As for the other part, complete rubbish. Did you ever think he played with dolls because he was...gay? Playing with dolls or being more interested in more feminine type things doesn't make one a gay boy, they play with them because they ARE gay. There were born that way. :facepalm: Not raised. You can't raise straight or gay. Completely absurd. And it isn't a matter of abuse either. There are many straight people who have been abused as children. If it was a matter of abuse then we should have a whole hell of a lot more gays in the world. And what of the gays who weren't abused? Who played sports and did "manly" things? Huh? Nope...chock full of absurd that post was.

WOW, just..... WOW..... I'm not debating you anymore. It's already been proven the children are open to anything and are easily influenced. They were not born that way. Good grief. I've already refuted this many times now.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
The Bible lays out a foundation of morality, as well as the Sutras and other religious texts, however, morality is a degree of conscience. People who practice something that has been objectively immoral for thousands of years or what is unnatural is going against their conscience, whether they admit it or not.

Homosexuality has never been objectively immoral and was not even universally subjectively immoral for thousands of years.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
WOW, just..... WOW..... I'm not debating you anymore. It's already been proven the children are open to anything and are easily influenced. They were not born that way. Good grief. I've already refuted this many times now.
Says the person who's religion specifically targets children for conversation.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Those apologies were surely derived from bribes or threats, or because they didn't want to lose face from the public. Anyway, you cannot use this to invalidate anything NARTH has said.

What face did they have to lose.

They only catered to people like you and apologizing would make them lose many supporters.