• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
For heavens sake Jo....it is a matter of logic....if a man lying with another man as with a woman, ie..anal sex...is condemned....why would anal sex involving a man lying with a woman as with another man be any different.. It is anal sex that is condemned...not love...

A man lying with a man =/= anal sex.

Reflex

IMV, being gay is irrelevant so this is the first time I looked at this thread. But just to be clear, those who actually study homosexuality in animals are quick to stress that it is a mistake to project human motivations into animals. IOW, there is no correlation between homosexual behavior in animals and homosexual behavior in humans, so those who use the argument "animals do it so it's natural for humans, too" are just blowing smoke.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Ha ha ha, riiiiiiiiiiiight...... You act like I don't know my own psychology.
Because I have been schooled in psychology and I have a degree in such, I'll just keep the jokes to myself. Truth is, no one actually knows their own psychology, no one knows what they will do, no one can even anticipate. Unless you have been in specifically the circumstances you are thinking about, you don't know how you will react. But, we get to live the luxury of living in such a safe and comfortable society that everyone gets to talk big with very few of those actually getting an opportunity to back up the words of their conviction. And when we have such examples, they are like that woman who went to jail for refusing to perform her duties as a public servant (Kim Davis, maybe was her name?). Simple put, we in the West, do not, at all, live in a society where being liberal or progressive means that even Facebook's "real name" policy puts you at a very real danger.
I'll just jump out on a limb and say, no, you don't know your own psychology based on nothing more than your bold statement of "You act like I don't know my own psychology." Let's be honest for a moment, you didn't even use the word "psychology" in a manner that makes the sentence "make sense." We know what you meant, but what you are actually saying is "you act like I don't know my own study of my study of my own cognitive and unconscious behavior."
You really must beware of certain terms and what they mean. You have no psychology. You have no sociology. You have no anthropology. You are an individual, with individual factors, and individual upbrinings - you are a person, not a "psychology." Psychology is the study of human behaviors and cognitive processes. You have those, but you alone do not make psychology. And, for what it's worth, very few people actually know themselves because very few people are aware of the familial and cultural influences that made them into who they are. No, you don't know your own psychology because there is no such thing. You are a person, and like any other person, you are subject to the way your family raised you to be, the way your culture made you to think, and your own experiences that forge you into who you are. You forging seems to be more along the cultural and possibly family side than a forging that you brought upon yourself (it tends to hurt more and you'll feel every degree of agonizing pain as the temperature rises when you are forged in your own image).

Draka

Wonder Woman
You left off ...."as with a woman".....that is being dishonest...I have no time for dishonesty...
A man cannot have sexual relations with a man as he does with a woman so, ergo, laying with a man as with a woman could be referring to something else entirely and not anal sex. Maybe not sex at all. Who knows? As it doesn't go into details it is yet another piece of scripture to fall victim to interpretation.

Draka

Wonder Woman
WOW, just..... WOW..... I'm not debating you anymore. It's already been proven the children are open to anything and are easily influenced. They were not born that way. Good grief. I've already refuted this many times now.
You haven't refuted anything. You are right about one thing though, children being open, because you sure were open to that religious indoctrination. ;)

MountainPine

Deuteronomy 30:16
You haven't refuted anything. You are right about one thing though, children being open, because you sure were open to that religious indoctrination. ;)

...and I got out of it too. Homosexuals can do the same. And I have refuted it, you just don't accept my sources. That's your problem.

Draka

Wonder Woman
IMV, being gay is irrelevant so this is the first time I looked at this thread. But just to be clear, those who actually study homosexuality in animals are quick to stress that it is a mistake to project human motivations into animals. IOW, there is no correlation between homosexual behavior in animals and homosexual behavior in humans, so those who use the argument "animals do it so it's natural for humans, too" are just blowing smoke.
Ahem...humans ARE animals. We're mammals. Apes. Can't be "blowing smoke". We're apes. Homosexuality is found in nature, in apes. Along with many other species as well. And apes. Did I mention we're apes?

MountainPine

Ahem...humans ARE animals. We're mammals. Apes. Can't be "blowing smoke". We're apes. Homosexuality is found in nature, in apes. Along with many other species as well. And apes. Did I mention we're apes?

Apes are apes and humans are humans. Evolution is bull****.

Draka

Wonder Woman
...and I got out of it too. Homosexuals can do the same. And I have refuted it, you just don't accept my sources. That's your problem.
You don't accept anything presented to you. I showed you brain scans. Actual studies of brain scans showing neurological differences and similarities between homosexuals and heterosexuals. Showing it is neurological. Not chosen. Hard wiring in the brain. You can't choose that. You can't raise that. It is there, a part of your neurological makeup. You haven't and can't refute that.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Apes are apes and humans are humans. Evolution is bull****.
rolling.gif

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
A man cannot have sexual relations with a man as he does with a woman so, ergo, laying with a man as with a woman could be referring to something else entirely and not anal sex. Maybe not sex at all. Who knows? As it doesn't go into details it is yet another piece of scripture to fall victim to interpretation.
Lame....:rolleyes:

MountainPine

You don't accept anything presented to you. I showed you brain scans. Actual studies of brain scans showing neurological differences and similarities between homosexuals and heterosexuals. Showing it is neurological. Not chosen. Hard wiring in the brain. You can't choose that. You can't raise that. It is there, a part of your neurological makeup. You haven't and can't refute that.

The brain scans don't prove that anyone is born gay, even your sources said so. Their brains are that way because of long-term social conditioning and/or mental illness.

That's how I feel about you. ;)