• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Apes are apes and humans are humans. Evolution is bull****.
If you're not an animal, and you're not a mineral, then I'm pretty sure you're a vegetable. Which explains some things. ;)

Anyway, sticking your fingers in your ears and insisting that you're the special one created above all other things won't change your taxon. You are a placental mammal out of great apes out of primates out of mammalia out of animalia.
And the study of animal behavior includes human psychology as well as non-human psychology.

MountainPine

Deuteronomy 30:16
Actually, it would be. That you say otherwise indicates your lack of knowledge and understanding of evolution.

Yeah whatever. You're just trying to drag me into an off-topic debate. It's not working. How would it be? This thread is about where one stands on homosexuality according to their religion. Evolution is completely off-topic

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yeah whatever. You're just trying to drag me into an off-topic debate. It's not working. How would it be? This thread is about where one stands on homosexuality according to their religion. Evolution is completely off-topic
I'm actually not trying to drag you off topic. But if you want to dismiss it as such, that's entirely on you.

MountainPine

Deuteronomy 30:16
I'm actually not trying to drag you off topic. But if you want to dismiss it as such, that's entirely on you.

My purpose for coming back to RF wasn't really to debate atheism, evolution, or even homosexuality. Only to share my Biblical views to offer perspective to those who believe in the Bible. I've gotten out of hand with this thread, WAY out of hand, and contravened my own purpose for being here. Perhaps I was just trying to build my post count. Anyway, the original question: "Is being gay a sin according to your religion?" and my answer is "Yes". I am now going to retire from this thread for good. It's been interesting. Bye.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The brain scans don't prove that anyone is born gay, even your sources said so. Their brains are that way because of long-term social conditioning and/or mental illness.
You honestly believe long-term social conditioning and mental illness can actually rewire a brain backwards sexually? That is to say, there is some mental illness that makes a man's brain respond as a woman's does in just certain particular parts of the brain? Like flipping a switch? Or that there is some kind of social conditioning that would actually change the way a person's brain itself functions? Not how a person thinks...how the brain functions. How neurons transmit through particular areas of grey matter. Honestly? You truly believe those things can be changed?

And also, you have said many times it is a choice. You have also said it was a result of abuse. Now you are saying it is mental illness and social conditioning. You keep trying to come up with ways it isn't just an innate thing about a person. Problem is, your excuses are starting to contradict each other. If it is any of your latter excuses it isn't a choice either. You can't have it both ways. If you believe it is a mental illness then it isn't a choice. If you believe it is a result of abuse, it isn't a choice. If you believe people are socially conditioned to be gay, it still isn't a choice. You've succeeded in talking yourself in circles in your vain attempt to disparage homosexuality.

Shadow Wolf

Totally off topic, but my brother and sister posted a Facebook thingy about the Super Bowl, and because I don't care about football I was none-the-wiser, but it claimed that the Seahawks and Broncos, from two states that legalized recreation pot, are gathering for a "super bowl," and it had a picture of Dr. Evil, and I could easily hear his voice and doing his finger thingy for a quotation to say "super bowl." Not accurate, and I didn't know until later, but I still thought it was funny seeing Dr. Evil and "super bowl" in my mind.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Most religion's hate just about anything you can name, they are so judgmental, that we can do without them, that is for a better world.

Shadow Wolf

Most religion's hate just about anything you can name, they are so judgmental, that we can do without them, that is for a better world.
It's not that they hate anything you can name, it's that so very often those claiming to speak for god or on god's behalf, it often turns out that god just so happens to conveniently hate the same things they do.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It's not that they hate anything you can name, it's that so very often those claiming to speak for god or on god's behalf, it often turns out that god just so happens to conveniently hate the same things they do.
Na, your just making up stories to suit yourself, its ridiculers and that is that, to hate anyone isn't a healthy practice at all, no matter who they are. take a closer look at yourself !!.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Totally off topic, but my brother and sister posted a Facebook thingy about the Super Bowl, and because I don't care about football I was none-the-wiser, but it claimed that the Seahawks and Broncos, from two states that legalized recreation pot, are gathering for a "super bowl," and it had a picture of Dr. Evil, and I could easily hear his voice and doing his finger thingy for a quotation to say "super bowl." Not accurate, and I didn't know until later, but I still thought it was funny seeing Dr. Evil and "super bowl" in my mind.

th

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Has anyone got any more gay shellfish puns? :p

Are gay shellfish "b-oysterous"? :rolleyes:
Hopefully none about smells....concerning our beloved sisters'... Btw...your new avatar is a great improvement....turned over a new leaf I see....I hoped we've seen the last of that evil bas***d :p

JoStories

Jo....you are consistently drifting waaay of topic....this thread is not about evolution...it is not about kosher diet...it is about what the bible considers an abomination...anal sex! Genesis 19 .... Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ... Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10

Now please be reasonable and not digress from the OP....
Not one of those verses say anything about anal sex. And as far as being off topic, how is pointing out that you are picking only those verses that you wish to conform to your ideals and leaving the rest out? Hence, my asking why you don't follow all the others and not just that one.

JoStories

The latter source you cited is about the Xq28 chromosome, and I've refuted that in my video. The other source from Tuck Ngun is based on studies of twins, which don't produce valid prove. I've also invalidated the case for homosexuality via studying twins in my video. You've just provide sources of information that I've already refuted. How childish! Here, I'll post my video again. Try watching it this time:

That is not what I said. I said that gays transfer it to bisexuals, and those bisexuals transfer it to women, and I never said it was the only way. You are also talking about now. I'm talking about the origin of how it was spread. Just so you know, disease transfered by IV are not sexually transmitted, they are intravenously transmitted. So your argument is irrelevant.

Actually, society is subjective based on the influences it is subject to.

If it is moral to them, then you are obligated to respect them.
1. I don't watch home made videos that someone makes. I can provide many more sources that refute your POV but I am just not all that vested.
2. You continue to have misinformation as it relates to how HIV is transmitted. It is NOT IV transmitted, it is transmitted via blood borne pathogens, the same way that HIV is transmitted among gays. It is the same as with Hep C that is transmitted as a blood borne pathogen.
3. Society is subjectively based? Perhaps, perhaps not. and as far as being obligated to respect someone based on their morals, why should I be? I have no respect for the WBC and Phelps idiots and why should I? Do you respect the gay community for their ideals? I seriously doubt it.