• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
You left off ...."as with a woman".....that is being dishonest...I have no time for dishonesty...

Ok if you want to take that as a man having sex with a man like he would a woman and you also claim that heterosexuals men only want to have sex through the vagina then you are claiming that "god" forbid men from having sex with men through their vaginas.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
The brain scans don't prove that anyone is born gay, even your sources said so. Their brains are that way because of long-term social conditioning and/or mental illness.

No they do not, but they do prove someone is a transex.

Also that it because sexuality occurs in the lymphatic system, if it was a mental disorder there would be proof of it in a brain scan.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Yeah whatever. You're just trying to drag me into an off-topic debate. It's not working. How would it be? This thread is about where one stands on homosexuality according to their religion. Evolution is completely off-topic

No we are discussing biology, evolution is very relevant.

You just do not want to go there because you know you do not understand it.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
IMV, being gay is irrelevant so this is the first time I looked at this thread. But just to be clear, those who actually study homosexuality in animals are quick to stress that it is a mistake to project human motivations into animals. IOW, there is no correlation between homosexual behavior in animals and homosexual behavior in humans, so those who use the argument "animals do it so it's natural for humans, too" are just blowing smoke.

What about dolphins?

Like most humans, most dolphins have sex for pleasure.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Then I assume you don't eat shellfish or pork. Nor do you wear mixed fiber clothing, non? You see. those are also laws per the OT where you get this notion that being gay is against God' laws. Either you believe it all or you are cherry picking those that fit your agenda.
I won't be drawn on irrelevant kosher issues....and in any event, the homosexual condemnation is also in the NT...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
That sounds like a general disapproval of gay sex. It's pretty clear though that these attitudes reflect the prejudices of the Bible authors, because it's silly to think that a supreme being would be concerned with what people get up to in the bedroom.
As an atheist, you would not understand......how do you know what plan God, whom you do not believe exists, has for human souls?.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I simply don't believe that your prejudice against gays has anything to do with being "spiritual".
Being spiritual involves transcending these petty prejudices, abandoning discrimination and duality, seeing the bigger picture.
It is the scripture that condemns homosexuality...not me.... So if you insist on calling anyone prejudice, it needs to be God.....but wait....you are an atheist and do not believe in God.....so you have to blame me instead...:rolleyes:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Ok if you want to take that as a man having sex with a man like he would a woman and you also claim that heterosexuals men only want to have sex through the vagina then you are claiming that "god" forbid men from having sex with men through their vaginas.
images

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
It is the scripture that condemns homosexuality...not me.... So if you insist on calling anyone prejudice, it needs to be God.....but wait....you are an atheist and do not believe in God.....so you have to blame me instead...:rolleyes:

You choose to believe that god forbids homosexuality and damns those who do it when the new testament contradicts this so yeah it is you.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
No need....you king hit yourself....:D

You said lame to Draka not me genius.

Also you said "Lame..." just because her interpretation of scripture does not require hate like yours does and from the way you seem to act I would hypothesize you like having someone to hate

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Since this line of logic leads to absurdity I would propose that the verse should be interpreted how it is and not upon speculation about the sex being used.
No speculation is necessary....there was no word to represent homosexuality in the Hebrew language at the time.... so the descriptive narrative was used to paint a verbal picture of the perversion of the heterosexual act...