• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I already know the story as I stated however you failed to address the contradiction of religious doctrine.
You haven't understood the parable....Buddhist teaching can be represented by the trunk..., Christianity by the tail....etc....etc... The elephant is the THAT in my sigline....

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
You haven't understood the parable....Buddhist teaching can be represented by the trunk..., Christianity by the tail....etc....etc... The elephant is the THAT in my sigline....

But these would be out of the words of the god inquestion itself.

How can god say "The only way to the father is through me" and ask you to look within yourself to throw reach enlightenment?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Place us in it.
Because humans are fallen creatures from Heaven as per the fall caused by eating of the metaphorical fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil... God is transcendent to good and evil....Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make goodness, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

One must learn to transcend the perception of duality....

Verses on the Faith Mind - by Chien-chih Seng-ts'an

The Great Way is not difficult
for those who have no preferences.
When love and hate are both absent
everything becomes clear and undisguised.
Make the smallest distinction, however,
and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart.
If you wish to see the truth
then hold no opinions for or against anything.
To set up what you like against what you dislike
is the disease of the mind.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Because humans are fallen creatures from Heaven as per the fall caused by eating of the metaphorical fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil... God is transcendent to good and evil....Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make goodness, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

One must learn to transcend the perception of duality....

Verses on the Faith Mind - by Chien-chih Seng-ts'an

The Great Way is not difficult
for those who have no preferences.
When love and hate are both absent
everything becomes clear and undisguised.
Make the smallest distinction, however,
and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart.
If you wish to see the truth
then hold no opinions for or against anything.
To set up what you like against what you dislike
is the disease of the mind.

Why would you worship a deity which does evil things?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
But these would be out of the words of the god inquestion itself.

How can god say "The only way to the father is through me" and ask you to look within yourself to throw reach enlightenment?
Religions are cultural....according to their race....they all lead, if practiced seriously to an initiation whereby the oneness can be realized.... Iow, there can be many roads up a mountain..but as they near the apex, they must converge..until at the apex....there is a unity... All of the roads lead to the one apex....

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Religions are cultural....according to their race....they all lead, if practiced seriously to an initiation whereby the oneness can be realized.... Iow, there can be many roads up a mountain..but as they near the apex, they must converge..until at the apex....there is a unity... All of the roads lead to the one apex....

Then why was Yeshua (Jesus) attributed to say "No one comes to the father but through me."?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Why would you worship a deity which does evil things?
God doesn't actually do the evil or the good, it happens within the oneness....the eternal dance of ying and yang opposites are what keeps the Tao in perfect harmony and peace.. We are invited by God to unite with the oneness and thus be free eternally from the suffering of material dualistic existence.....

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
God doesn't actually do the evil or the good, it happens within the oneness....the eternal dance of ying and yang opposites are what keeps the Tao in perfect harmony and peace.. We are invited by God to unite with the oneness and thus be free eternally from the suffering of material dualistic existence.....

You believe that the universe is made of two base substances?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Then why was Yeshua (Jesus) attributed to say "No one comes to the father but through me."?
Remember Christianity is one cultural aspect of the oneness....these words were meant for a select audience.... Siddartha was the portal for his audience...The Christian church when appropriated by the Roman Emperor became an arm of imperialism... Catholic means universal and thus the reality of the words of Jesus to a select bunch of people was the interpreted as being for all.....

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Remember Christianity is one cultural aspect of the oneness....these words were meant for a select audience.... Siddartha was the portal for his audience...The Christian church when appropriated by the Roman Emperor became an arm of imperialism... Catholic means universal and thus the reality of the words of Jesus to a select bunch of people was the interpreted as being for all.....

So was the Aztec religion of sacrificing humans inspired by your god, and why or why not?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You believe that the universe is made of two base substances?
The first differentiation of the oneness is spirit and matter....or as science sees it...energy and matter... We now know that matter is energy in a form...and if that form is smashed...its energy is released...until it reforms as a particles again....

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So was the Aztec religion of sacrificing humans inspired by your god, and why or why not?
This is the world...this is the place of good and evil...most religions eventually become decadent on their way to death......the Christian Church is decadent and near death....

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
The first differentiation of the oneness is spirit and matter....or as science sees it...energy and matter... We now know that matter is energy in a form...and if that form is smashed...its energy is released...until it reforms as a particles again....

Matter is energy condensed.

Energy however is not matter.

The universe is composed of one material and that is energy.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Matter is energy condensed.

Energy however is not matter.

The universe is composed of one material and that is energy.
Except that there is no evidence that matter is not eternal in that form...so energy and matter, although matter is the same energy condensed, always exist as as differentiated aspects of the underlying unity... Matter though is, according to present science, is only 2.5% of the whole....

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
This does not answer the question.
Sure it does...Aztec religion would have been inspired in its infancy by some avatar, but eventually became an instrument of imperial power and thus decadent and corrupt.... In the same way Christ was the inspiration of the early Christian but Christianity eventually became the tool of imperial power and killed at will...the crusades...the inquisition..etc..

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Except that there is no evidence that matter is not eternal in that form

Matter can change back into other forms of energy.

Also if you assert that matter is eternal that is a positive claim and requires evidence, I do not need to prove the opposite.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Sure it does...Aztec religion would have been inspired in its infancy by some avatar, but eventually became an instrument of imperial power and thus decadent and corrupt.... In the same way Christ was the inspiration of the early Christian but Christianity eventually became the tool of imperial power and killed at will...

So you believe all religions are founded by prophets?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Matter can change back into other forms of energy.

Also if you assert that matter is eternal that is a positive claim and requires evidence, I do not need to prove the opposite.
But it can't stay energy...it must and does revert back to matter... that is my proof... You on the other hand are saying that matter can be made to release its inherent energy and stay as energy....prove it?