• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Okay do you agree that heat is the measure of entropy?
Only in the context of a theory..in practice the heat applied is converted into the released energy will in turn is reabsorbed into the environment a way the sum total of mass of energy and matter remains the same..

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Do you believe your god has a gender?
For the purposes of illustration of cosmic characteristics...yes...like ying and yang female and male characteristics... or the Egyptian Nut as the mother nurturer etc... All concepts are meant for communication...the reality is on the other side...

On edit...I see you meant my God....no God as I use the word is non-dual.....

Theunis

Do you believe your god has a gender?
It is written - I am that I am - Brahma can be any gender or be genderless as can be seen in all the manifestations (in Hinduism) as depicted by his avatars.

Yin and Yang depict more than gender. they depict that for everything there is an opposite which must be balanced.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Only in the context of a theory..in practice the heat applied is converted into the released energy will in turn is reabsorbed into the environment a way the sum total of mass of energy and matter remains the same..

But heat is the measure of entropy correct?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
It is written - I am that I am - Brahma can be any gender or be genderless as can be seen in all the manifestations (in Hinduism) as depicted by his avatars.

Yin and Yang depict more than gender. they depict that for everything there is an opposite which must be balanced.

I was not asking you about your deity's gender.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
For the purposes of illustration of cosmic characteristics...yes...like ying and yang female and male characteristics... or the Egyptian Nut as the mother nurturer etc... All concepts are meant for communication...the reality is on the other side...

On edit...I see you meant my God....no God as I use the word is non-dual.....

Ok, do you take the story of Adam and Eve literally?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
But heat is the measure of entropy correct?
I am not a physicist, nor a dualist, so I am not familiar with the dynamics of closed systems in time and space....I only look at it from the position of infinite space and eternal duration...and in this case nothing can ever be lost from or added to what exists now, which existed in the past, and will exist in the future...

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
It is the scripture that condemns homosexuality...not me.... So if you insist on calling anyone prejudice, it needs to be God.....but wait....you are an atheist and do not believe in God.....so you have to blame me instead...:rolleyes:

Do you really believe that a supreme being would have any interest about what people get up to in the bedroom? Do you really believe that the authors of the Bible didn't include their prejudices? Do you really believe that prejudice against gays and shellfish and other minorities is "spiritual"?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Do you really believe that a supreme being would have any interest about what people get up to in the bedroom? Do you really believe that the authors of the Bible didn't include their prejudices? Do you really believe that prejudice against gays and shellfish and other minorities is "spiritual"?
But the supreme being is incarnate in everyone so yes....there is some standard to which the soul should act in concert with the divine plan.....

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I am not a physicist, nor a dualist, so I am not familiar with the dynamics of closed systems in time and space....I only look at it from the position of infinite space and eternal duration...and in this case nothing can ever be lost from or added to what exists now, which existed in the past, and will exist in the future...

In scientific terms heat is a measure of entropy.