• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
There are actually atheists that do meditate and that do accept these "transcended" states. But it doesn't make them less aware. It doesn't tune them out of the world around them. And they don't have this "it's wrong/not a right fit/unnatural/dangerous" mentality about homosexuality.

Exactly so. These negative attitudes towards homosexuality are nothing to do with meditative states.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So why are you spouting anti-gay rhetoric here? Why all the judgement and disapproval?
I have explained this numerous times in the course of this thread...so as to make sure it you understand....I will proceed again in a methodical order so you get it.. First let us look at the title of the thread..it is, is it not...."Is being gay a sin according to your religion?" ?

Rick O'Shez

I have explained this numerous times in the course of this thread...so as to make sure it you understand....I will proceed again in a methodical order so you get it.. First let us look at the title of the thread..it is, is it not...."Is being gay a sin according to your religion?" ?

A simple "yes" would have sufficed in that case. And yet you have felt the need to pontificate endlessly about it here. o_O

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Exactly so. These negative attitudes towards homosexuality are nothing to do with meditative states.
They are not negative attitudes....you only see them as negative because you reject the truth....the truth in this case being what scripture has to say about the question the thread title asks...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
A simple "yes" would have sufficed in that case. And yet you have felt the need to pontificate endlessly about it here. o_O
Yes...so we can agree that the thread title is..."Is being gay a sin according to your religion?" So do you agree that it is logical and correct.....if I am perfectly honest.....to post precisely those passages that are relevant to answering the thread title question.....those being ...Genesis 19 .... Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ... Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10 ......yes?

Rick O'Shez

They are not negative attitudes....you only see them as negative because you reject the truth....the truth in this case being what scripture has to say about the question the thread title asks...

Of course they are negative attitudes. The Bible is full of negative attitudes and judgement, though of course you conveniently only choose the things that coincide with your own prejudices.

Rick O'Shez

Yes...so we can agree that the thread title is..."Is being gay a sin according to your religion?" So do you agree that it is logical and correct.....if I am perfectly honest.....to post precisely those passages that are relevant to answering the thread title question.....those being ...Genesis 19 .... Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ... Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10 ......yes?

You really don't get it, do you?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Of course they are negative attitudes. The Bible is full of negative attitudes and judgement, though of course you conveniently only choose the things that coincide with your own prejudices.
But wait....it is not I who wrote the bible...I am only responding to the thread title question quoting the relevant passages....how does an honest and correct response according to the logical process of RF forum be judged as being negative? Your logic seems to be...if I (Norman) judge a bible passage to be negative, it follows that all who post that passage, regardless of relevance, is as a result automatically judged by me (Norman) to be a negative person...

Last edited:

JoStories

You can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink.....:)
Now that, IMO, was uncalled and rude. I presented some issues with what you had said and your response is to insult me? Seems you have devolved on this thread completely.

JoStories

That is not an answer...that is an obfuscation....answer the question or you will have judged yourself as being the negative one?

Isn't that exactly what you did with me when you said: "You can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink.....:)" This, too, is an obfuscation. So perhaps you can address the issues I presented now.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Now that, IMO, was uncalled and rude. I presented some issues with what you had said and your response is to insult me? Seems you have devolved on this thread completely.
And I responded in a logical manner....but you ignored it and went back to repeat to your homosexual thematic perspective on homosexuality as it applies to scripture...hence the reminder that you are not thirsty for truth.... If you are...respond to the post below without an obfuscation....a simple yes or no is all that is required...

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Isn't that exactly what you did with me when you said: "You can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink.....:)" This, too, is an obfuscation. So perhaps you can address the issues I presented now.
If you think that it was an obfuscation on my part..... then I am happy to go through it with you step by step......Firstly do we can agree that the thread title is..."Is being gay a sin according to your religion?" So do you agree that it is logical and correct.....if I am perfectly honest.....to post precisely those passages that are relevant to answering the thread title question.....those being ...Genesis 19 .... Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ... Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10 ......yes?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Oh..another one who is seeing his own reflection in the mirror of of the spirit in which he flounders.... You will sink in it unless you learn to do unto others as you like you do unto yourself... Start today...find someone you hate and treat them with kindness.... The means to an end is not different from the end...love begets love....hate begets hate...
I'm not the one going on about human beings being an abomination. :rolleyes:
I've spent my whole life making a point to treat every person with kindness.
Please save your lectures for the reflection in your mirror.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So what...even if it was true.....it doesn't change the fact that he was a religious Jew who did not have any intention to do away with the OT Law...but to supplement it as per the Sermon on the Mount.. Matthew 5:17 .
He was no "ordinary" Jew, obviously.
What would the OT have to say about hanging out with prostitutes and other such terrible people (like homosexuals)?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I understand perfectly but as an atheist, you do not understand what the bible has to say about this subject... Gentile Christians can eat anything, except as described in Acts15:20 .... Here are the passages that deals with the difference between Jewish obligations to the OT and gentile Christians...... Acts15:13-21

When they had finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

After this I will return and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it,
that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things things known from long ago.

“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”
Well, I can read, so I'm good.

What's this part here about abstaining from food polluted by idols and meat strangled from animals? Aren't you helping us make our point?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If you think that it was an obfuscation on my part..... then I am happy to go through it with you step by step......Firstly do we can agree that the thread title is..."Is being gay a sin according to your religion?" So do you agree that it is logical and correct.....if I am perfectly honest.....to post precisely those passages that are relevant to answering the thread title question.....those being ...Genesis 19 .... Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ... Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10 ......yes?
No, what you really did was show us what a hypocrite you are. You tell us you don't judge, that your a nice guy, that there's "plenty of love to go around," but in this thread alone you've been very judgmental towards homosexuality, you let us know what you think of atheists, and then you use a metaphor of "leading a horse to water" in response to Jo.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Especially with homosexuality, and saying IBS was called "gay bowel syndrome," even though IBS has nothing to do with being gay or having anal sex, it causes varying degrees of abdominal pain, constipation and diarrhea, it's more typical for those who were tormented (mentally and/or physically) as children, have anxiety problems, and women get it more frequently than men. So you're using very bad and misleading information to justify your prejudice towards homosexuals.