• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

JoStories

He was a religious Jew and did not come to do away with the OT Law...but to supplement it as per the Sermon on the Mount.. Matthew 5:17 .
If this were true, then by your own logic, you would not be eating shellfish or pork and would be wearing only one type of fiber in your clothing. And please don't hand me that "this is off topic" thing. Its right on target, given that either Jesus wanted Christians to keep ALL the laws or what you just said here is not true at all.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
No...as a matter of fact I can not imagine myself outside of the here and now of the reality I am in.....when I say I don't do hypotheticals....that is what I mean...I have been meditating for so many decades to be in the here and now....the here and now is all there is...

Meditation should make you more aware, both of yourself and others. It should also make you more aware of your prejudices, and the harmful effect these have on others.

Meditation should increase your ability to empathise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Unfolding how? Are you intimating that the Jewish community will suddenly see the light and accept the Christ was the messiah? I don't see that happening anytime soon. Meaning that while you might think this story is still unfolding, I do not and I would be willing to bet that many Jews would strongly disagree with you as well.
This world is forever changing...a seamless flow of what the conceptual mind sees as cause and effect.... There are prophecies yet unfulfilled...who knows...so yes...the Jews are waiting for the messiah....both orthodox and messianic...one lot wait for Christ..the other another...who says they do not turn out to be one and the same?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
If this were true, then by your own logic, you would not be eating shellfish or pork and would be wearing only one type of fiber in your clothing. And please don't hand me that "this is off topic" thing. Its right on target, given that either Jesus wanted Christians to keep ALL the laws or what you just said here is not true at all.
Non-Jewish Christians are not required to eat kosher, except as described in Acts15:20 ...but must be true to morality of the OT.. You should read Acts to follow the story but the salient piece is Acts15:13-21

When they had finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

After this I will return and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it,
that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things things known from long ago.

“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
How often do men having gay sex come into your range of vision?

Discriminating against gay men but not gay women simply doesn't make sense.

Or maybe the Bible authors found the idea of women having gay sex rather titillating and didn't want to ban it?
Never....

Btw, do you realize how many times you have posted, without anyone inquiring, that you do not like homosexuals being discriminated against? Suffice to say everyone has heard too many times to count and everyone gets it..so for Heavens sake...please give it a break...

Rick O'Shez

It does more than that....

Of course it does, but do you agree that meditation should make you more aware of yourself and others, and increase your ability to empathise?

You said "Do unto others..." so I still don't understand why you discriminate against a minority.
Would you like to be discriminated against? I assume not, so why then do you discriminate against others? It looks like hypocrisy.

Rick O'Shez

Btw, do you realize how many times you have posted, without anyone inquiring, that you do not like homosexuals being discriminated against? Suffice to say everyone has heard too many times to count and everyone gets it..so for Heavens sake...please give it a break...

I noticed that with this lame attempt at an ad hom you have again side-stepped my question about women having gay sex.

So why do you discriminate against men having gay sex, but not women having gay sex? I really don't get it, please explain your reasoning for this major inconstency.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Of course it does, but do you agree that meditation should make you more aware of yourself and others, and increase your ability to empathise?

You said "Do unto others..." so I still don't understand why you discriminate against a minority.
It does not make you more aware of yourself...it does the opposite...'you' wane and the other waxes.... The sense of physical duality starts to be transcended...

Rick O'Shez

It does not make you more aware of yourself...it does the opposite...'you' wane and the other waxes.... The sense of physical duality starts to be transcended...

You're sidestepping the question again. You say "Do unto others..." but you discriminate against people. How is that not hypocrisy?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I noticed that with this lame attempt at an ad hom you have again side-stepped my question about women having gay sex.

So why do you discriminate against men having gay sex, but not women having gay sex? I really don't get it, please explain your reasoning for this major inconstency.
I have no side stepped anything......the messenger does not discriminate against homosexuals period....

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You're sidestepping the question again. You say "Do unto others..." but you discriminate against people. How is that not hypocrisy?
No you just do not understand what being in the here and now means.....the apparent separation perceived by the dualistic mind gives way to a oneness and peace where there is no desire to hurt anyone or anything...

Rick O'Shez

No you just do not understand what being in the here and now means.....the apparent separation perceived by the dualistic mind gives way to a oneness and peace where is not desire to hurt anyone or anything...

I understand exactly what being in the here and now means. You preach about about oneness and not hurting people and yet you are full of discrimination and judgement.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I understand exactly what being in the here and now means. You preach about about oneness and not hurting people and yet you are full of discrimination and judgement.
You are seeing your own reflection....that is why you are forever bitter at others and the world you want to change to your liking.. But if it is love and peace you want..change begins with you, otherwise if you don't....wherever you go, and whatever you do, there is the same old bitter soul being tormented by the reflection in the spirit of oneness in which he unknowingly exists...

Rick O'Shez

And gay pigs would definitely be out of bounds! :p

Rick O'Shez

You are seeing your own reflection....that is why you are forever bitter at others and the world you want to change to your liking.. .

Pure projection on your part, again. You are the one who is full of judgement, you are one who mocks and patronises and likens people to pigs.
Maybe you should remove the splinter from your own eye first.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Pure projection on your part, again. You are the one who is full of judgement, you are one who mocks and patronises and likens people to pigs.
Maybe you should remove the splinter from your own eye first.
Oh dear....you are definitely not having a nice day Norman....here is a little something to give you a lift..:)