• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I think being gay is a wonderful thing, it lets the same sex enjoy each other, and it helps to keep the population down, yes to be gay is a wonderful thing to be.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It does matter. You want to condemn a group for what your Bible says, but not mention certain things that your Bible also condemns. It's called "hypocrisy." "Do as I say, not as I do," is not a good way to teach someone, or invite them to consider your ways. If you point to a passage and point your finger, it makes you look pathetic if you refuse and make excuses to not point at another passage and then point your finger at yourself.
It is the bible that condemns the homosexual act, that is the subject of the thread...what you do with your life is your business.....

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is the bible that condemns the homosexual act, that is the subject of the thread...what you do with your life is your business.....
It is the bible that condemns the homosexual act, that is the subject of the thread...what you do with your life is your business.....:)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I think you should embrace your femininity. :p
I do.....kundalini arousal ultimately allows the male and female energy....Shiva and Shakti.....to unite at the top of the spine...
caducisfly_zpsefb388fb.gif

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What an ugly religion if they didn't like gays, like its no where as bad as being a murderer or rapist, these people who hate gays must be stupid.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I have answered the question of the thread and that is where it stands....lesbians have their own lives to live and it their business...

So you turn a blind eye to women having gay sex, but you discriminate against men having gay sex. How does that work exactly? What's the difference?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So how would you feel if you were being discriminated against based on your gender, race or sexual orientation, things that you can't change?
I don't do hypotheticals...this has been explained to you before... My mind only thinks when it is required to focus on something relevant...it does not think about unessential or non-relevant stuff...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So you turn a blind eye to women having gay sex, but you discriminate against men having gay sex. How does that work exactly? What's the difference?
You are making things up...you do not know me....you are just a silly boy always trying to create discord...:p

Rick O'Shez

I don't do hypotheticals...this has been explained to you before... My mind only thinks when it is required to focus on something relevant...it does not think about unessential or non-relevant stuff...

So being able to empathise isn't relevant? You can't imagine yourself being victimised or discriminated against? Or you don't want to imagine it?

You say "Do unto others..", but you are happy to discriminate against a minority - how does that work? I assume you wouldn't want to be discriminated against, so why do you discriminate against others?

Rick O'Shez

You are making things up...you do not know me....you are just a silly boy always trying to create discord...:p

I am asking a relevant question to understand the logic or otherwise of your position.

Have another go: So you turn a blind eye to women having gay sex, but you discriminate against men having gay sex. How does that work exactly? What's the difference?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So being able to empathise isn't relevant? You can't imagine yourself being victimised or discriminated against?

You say "Do unto others..", but you are happy to discriminate against a minority - how does that work?
No...as a matter of fact I can not imagine myself outside of the here and now of the reality I am in.....when I say I don't do hypotheticals....that is what I mean...I have been meditating for so many decades to be in the here and now....the here and now is all there is...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I am asking a relevant question to understand the logic or otherwise of your position.

Have another go: So you turn a blind eye to women having gay sex, but you discriminate against men having gay sex. How does that work exactly? What's the difference?
I keep explaining....I can't imagine something that is not in my here and now as a reality....and since no women having gay sex have come within my range of vision...I have no idea what my reaction would be....:)

JoStories

The God of the Old Testament is a nasty piece of work, vengeful and tyrannical. Why anybody would want to worship a God like that is completely beyond me,
Most educated people realize that the stories from the OT are allegorical and were never meant to be taken literally. The same applies to the NT. Now, of course, there are those who think its absolutely correct in every word. I don't understand that and like you, find that the God of the OT truly was something not worthy of worship.

JoStories

Jo...I do not have any beef with Judaism....that most religious Jews do not believe the Messiah had come is just the way it is...the story is still unfolding...
Unfolding how? Are you intimating that the Jewish community will suddenly see the light and accept the Christ was the messiah? I don't see that happening anytime soon. Meaning that while you might think this story is still unfolding, I do not and I would be willing to bet that many Jews would strongly disagree with you as well.

Rick O'Shez

I keep explaining....I can't imagine something that is not in my here and now as a reality....and since no women having gay sex have come within my range of vision...I have no idea what my reaction would be....:)

How often do men having gay sex come into your range of vision?

Discriminating against gay men but not gay women simply doesn't make sense.

Or maybe the Bible authors found the idea of women having gay sex rather titillating and didn't want to ban it?

Last edited by a moderator: