• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The fact remains that most Jews do not believe that the NT is a fulfillment of the OT. They deny what Christians believe. Jesus does not come from the line of David, for one. That is their belief. Are you really saying that all Jews everywhere don't realize the truth you do? That they are all wrong and you are right?
For Christians...including Messianic Christians, the new covenant is in play...the Sermon on the Mount... I'm not saying anything about what Jews believe...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I have read the full thread and that is what you implied. You were asked if a religious person can be more moral than a non religious one and you said, "to some extent, yes." What else could this have meant?
Read on....I was asked to elaborate...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
If God is beyond evil, how does one view the genocide inflicted by God several times in the OT? How is that not evil?
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. You see....Good and evil are attributes of the on high....we are asked to transcend these nether regions....

Last edited:

JoStories

For Christians...including Messianic Christians, the new covenant is in play...the Sermon on the Mount... I'm not saying anything about what Jews believe...
Yes you are. You are saying that that one law in the OT is still germane today. If you believe one thing in the OT, you believe all or you don't view it as divinely inspired. And furthermore, if the OT does not imply that Jesus was God in human form, why do the Jews not believe this? What makes you think that your view is better than theirs?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. You see....Good and evil are attributes of the on high....

So man is both good and evil, and projects these qualities onto "God"....it looks like crude anthropomorphism.

The authors of the Bible were prejudiced against gays and shellfish, but apparently OK with genocide, aka tribal warfare. What a lovely bunch! :p

JoStories

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. You see....Good and evil are attributes of the on high....we are asked to transcend these nether regions....
That does not address what I was saying. God is said to have done these atrocities. How can God kill millions, as in the Flood story, and not be seen as evil? How can God not be seen as evil in the destruction of Sodom? No divine being would kill off their own creations and still be called 'good'. Your verse above only states the God created this evil, not that God enacted same. How can one not see this as inherently evil?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
That does not address what I was saying. God is said to have done these atrocities. How can God kill millions, as in the Flood story, and not be seen as evil? How can God not be seen as evil in the destruction of Sodom? No divine being would kill off their own creations and still be called 'good'. Your verse above only states the God created this evil, not that God enacted same. How can one not see this as inherently evil?

The God of the Old Testament is a nasty piece of work, vengeful and tyrannical. Why anybody would want to worship a God like that is completely beyond me,

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yes you are. You are saying that that one law in the OT is still germane today. If you believe one thing in the OT, you believe all or you don't view it as divinely inspired. And furthermore, if the OT does not imply that Jesus was God in human form, why do the Jews not believe this? What makes you think that your view is better than theirs?
Jo...I do not have any beef with Judaism....that most religious Jews do not believe the Messiah had come is just the way it is...the story is still unfolding...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
[

Be patient....all is unfolding as it should....the Lord God is one....

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Getting frustrated? LOL. I chose women because they were more appealing, and it just makes sense because it is natural. How hard is that to figure out?
No, I'm quite fine.

You "chose" women because that's the gender you found yourself attracted to, as you said. As in, there was no actual conscious choice involved. Now that you realize that, please realize that homosexuality works the same way.

Homosexual does not have a role in procreation. It just brings pleasure from lust.

Who cares if it has a role in procreation? Should couples who are beyond their child-rearing years be looked at with the same disdain with which you look at gay people? Or fertile couples who aren't interested in having children?

How would you feel if people were ignorantly judging your personal feelings and attractions and telling you what you feel doesn't count as real love? How dare you tell other people that they can't experience real love.
We're all human beings, and therefore we're all capable of experiencing love. Homosexuals aren't from Mars; they're not some alien species or something - they're just human like everybody else.

By the way, my cousin is a lesbian and gave birth to a daughter three years ago. She and her partner are quite happy, let me assure you. She is a lot happier than she was years ago when she denied her actual sexual orientation in order to make her family (and people like you) happy.

There is a difference between love and emotional lust. Most homosexuals are unhappy with their lives, and not due to social stigmatization, but because true love is absent.
This is just ignorant, judgmental nonsense. You couldn't possibly know this, anyway.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The reason you do not understand is because it is you who is obtuse....you do not understand logic... Trying to change the subject to shellfish is not going to work, trying to create a strawman to digress from the topic is not going to work, trying to misdirect is not going to work... The topic is....is homosexuality a sin according to the bible? ... And the answers is....read em and weep....Genesis 19 .... Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ... Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10

Now no amount of hand waving and crying about shellfish and rock hurling ancients is going to change the topic of this thread....so get used to it....
Um, there are like 2 or 3 of us here trying to explain the relevance to you. Maybe ask yourself if it's all of us that aren't getting it, or if it's you.

This is a very relevant point that you keep missing, whether intentionally or unintentionally, I do not know.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I'm seriously starting to wonder if you're a poe.
Just so you know, I've always known that the opposite sex was the correct sex, even before puberty. It's common sense. FYI, I'm still a virgin, so I never really had a sexuality, only fantasies) People who are gay have been either victims of abuse or poorly raised.
Um, no. Just no. This nonsense has been debunked long ago.

I have a cousin who is gay, and the reason being is because he played with dolls and Barbies as his only toys as a child (starting at age 3), due to too much influence from his older sister and encouragement from his mom. His dad was too permissive and lazy about it and never took the time to introduce him boy activities until it was too late. He wasn't born gay, he was raised gay.

This is just ludicrous. You don't "make" a boy gay by allowing them to play with dolls and you don't "make" girls gay by allowing them to play with trucks. You don't "make" anyone gay. The kid you're talking about was gay to begin with. Baby, he was born that way. Do you not realize how silly you sound?

If this garbage were true there would be a LOT more gay people in this world. My sister and I should be gay, since we used to play with He-Man action figures. And yet we're not.

Please dispel yourself of these ridiculous notions.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'm seriously starting to wonder if you're a poe.

Um, no. Just no. This nonsense has been debunked long ago.

This is just ludicrous. You don't "make" a boy gay by allowing them to play with dolls and you don't "make" girls gay by allowing them to play with trucks. You don't "make" anyone gay. The kid you're talking about was gay to begin with. Baby, he was born that way. Do you not realize how silly you sound?

If this garbage were true there would be a LOT more gay people in this world. My sister and I should be gay, since we used to play with He-Man action figures. And yet we're not.

Please dispel yourself of these ridiculous notions.

By this "logic" many more women would be lesbians. I played with Hot Wheels with my brother (he played Barbies with me too, oops, I better go tell him he's gay now), played sports with the neighborhood boys, and helped my father work on cars from about the age of 11 or 12. I guess I should be a lesbian according to his "logic". I wonder what's wrong with me then. Perhaps I just never really tried to be gay. Should I go try now?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
By this "logic" many more women would be lesbians. I played with Hot Wheels with my brother (he played Barbies with me too, oops, I better go tell him he's gay now), played sports with the neighborhood boys, and helped my father work on cars from about the age of 11 or 12. I guess I should be a lesbian according to his "logic". I wonder what's wrong with me then. Perhaps I just never really tried to be gay. Should I go try now?
Sure, give it a shot. According to this dude, we should both be as gay as they come. h I spent my childhood playing with Transformers, so what does that make me? :D

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Um, there are like 2 or 3 of us here trying to explain the relevance to you. Maybe ask yourself if it's all of us that aren't getting it, or if it's you.

This is a very relevant point that you keep missing, whether intentionally or unintentionally, I do not know.
As I said..attempts to obfuscate the clarity of the condemnation as shown in the linked passages by asking if the messenger eats non kosher shellfish are beside the point...it does not matter if the messenger was an atheist scholar of scripture...the passages stand on the own....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Can I assume that I didn't miss anything over the last six pages?
My mom was very strict about me not playing with girls toys, and being very stern that I was not to play with them because they are for girls. In the end, it done nothing to alter, adjust, or change my sexual orientation and gender identity.
As I said..attempts to obfuscate the clarity of the condemnation as shown in the linked passages by asking if the messenger eats non kosher shellfish are beside the point...it does not matter if the messenger was an atheist scholar of scripture...the passages stand on the own....
It does matter. You want to condemn a group for what your Bible says, but not mention certain things that your Bible also condemns. It's called "hypocrisy." "Do as I say, not as I do," is not a good way to teach someone, or invite them to consider your ways. If you point to a passage and point your finger, it makes you look pathetic if you refuse and make excuses to not point at another passage and then point your finger at yourself.