• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So you are saying that it will only make sense after you already believe it?
No...when you have transcended belief....ceased interpreting reality with thought...and ceasing all thought about reality....what is then existing is not duality....a person thinking about reality....just reality itself in which there is no thinker..

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
No...when you have transcended belief....ceased interpreting reality with thought...and ceasing all thought about reality....what is then existing is not duality....a person thinking about reality....just reality itself in which there is no thinker..

I am using the English definition of the word belief not yours.

JoStories

It is the scripture that condemns homosexuality...not me.... So if you insist on calling anyone prejudice, it needs to be God.....but wait....you are an atheist and do not believe in God.....so you have to blame me instead...:rolleyes:
God did not write the Bible, men did. You can believe that it was divinely inspired but if that were the case, why so many contradictions and mistakes? God makes mistakes? No, men do. And men are the ones who penned this stuff. Given that that is the case, is it any wonder they put in there their own prejudices?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The only place one will find that is in Pauli?an dogma. Jesus never said one word about it. Not one.
Golly Jo....you are tenacious.. I know...but Jesus never spoke about a lot of things, but that doesn't mean he approved of it.... So can we agree to disagree please?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
God did not write the Bible, men did. You can believe that it was divinely inspired but if that were the case, why so many contradictions and mistakes? God makes mistakes? No, men do. And men are the ones who penned this stuff. Given that that is the case, is it any wonder they put in there their own prejudices?
Of course it is corrupted....that's a given...but there is a consistent theme running through it in the context of expected moral standards by those who love God....

JoStories

If same sex marriage is legal in a place then it is lawful for a judge to officiate. As it is legal in the entirety of the U.S. it is lawful for a judge in this country to officiate.
That is true however, if I am not mistaken, Alabama continues to refuse to marry any homosexuals and renounces any that marry in another state, or in other words, denies them the rights that marriage entails. I can't think of the governor's name but he is the one that did this.

JoStories

Of course it is corrupted....that's a given...but there is a consistent theme running through it in the context of expected moral standards by those who love God....
There is no consistency between the OT and the NT if one were to ask a Jewish person. The alleged messiah is not the one the NT holds him to be. So the theme you speak of is only in the eyes of those that believe that it says this, and not consistent at all.

JoStories

To some extent....yes..
Now that is just flat out ridiculous. Atheists can be more moral in many cases. My father was an atheist and he was one of the most moral people I have ever known. And the most giving and compassionate. Your view that people who are not religious cannot be moral is flat out stupid.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
There is no consistency between the OT and the NT if one were to ask a Jewish person. The alleged messiah is not the one the NT holds him to be. So the theme you speak of is only in the eyes of those that believe that it says this, and not consistent at all.
Except if you ask a Messianic Jew... Jesus introduced the New Covenant....Mosaic Law was the Old Covenant....there are differences...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Now that is just flat out ridiculous. Atheists can be more moral in many cases. My father was an atheist and he was one of the most moral people I have ever known. And the most giving and compassionate. Your view that people who are not religious cannot be moral is flat out stupid.
Jo...I never said or implied that....read the full exchange....

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Which is what exactly? And how does this divine mission differ from living a life that is moral and compassionate and giving but is a life that does not believe in God?
To transcend physical existence....for this incarnation to be the last one....

JoStories

Except if you ask a Messianic Jew... Jesus introduced the New Covenant....Mosaic Law was the Old Covenant....there are differences...
The fact remains that most Jews do not believe that the NT is a fulfillment of the OT. They deny what Christians believe. Jesus does not come from the line of David, for one. That is their belief. Are you really saying that all Jews everywhere don't realize the truth you do? That they are all wrong and you are right?

JoStories

Jo...I never said or implied that....read the full exchange....
I have read the full thread and that is what you implied. You were asked if a religious person can be more moral than a non religious one and you said, "to some extent, yes." What else could this have meant?