• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
No. I would like you to look at the evidence that I have presented:
http://www.hope-of-israel.org/animalhomo.html
http://barbwire.com/2014/12/01/myth-homosexuality-nature/

These are not my work, btw.

They are both religious backed sites and are pure bull, not science.

We have posted real animal studies here - over-and-over. And here are a few articles.

"
Writing in Trends in Ecology & Evolution, Dr Nathan Bailey, an evolutionary biologist at California University, said previous studies have failed to consider the evolutionary consequences of homosexuality.

He said same homosexual behaviour was often a product of natural selection to further the survival of the species.

Dr Bailey said: "It's clear same-sex sexual behaviour extends far beyond the well-known examples that dominate both the scientific and popular literature – for example, bonobos, dolphins, penguins and fruit flies." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...spread-in-animals-according-to-new-study.html

"The pairing of same sex couples had previously been observed in more than 1,000 species including penguins, dolphins and primates."

"The bonobo, an African ape closely related to humans, has an even bigger sexual appetite. Studies suggest 75 percent of bonobo sex is nonreproductive and that nearly all bonobos are bisexual. Frans de Waal, author of Bonobo: The Forgotten Ape, calls the species a "make love, not war" primate. He believes bonobos use sex to resolve conflicts between individuals." http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Yeah, that's true. But it was also used in inspiring the abolition of slavery in the US and Britain, so what are you saying again?

I suggest you go back and read what I said, - as I never implied that Christians only wanted slavery.

I said Christians used the Bible as an excuse to say slavery was a God given law.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You can say what you want.....it is referring to homosexuality....
You can say what you want...I believe we'll probably be having this argument again, as we have countless time before and will countless times again. And the very big difference between your position of God and my position of Eternal Return is you don't have much to base your position on, mine, I can go on with physics, starting with the Big Bang, the universe expanding, and eventually getting so big that is collapses on itself, and as is obvious with a great deal of friction is that a great deal of heat is generated, a bunch of mass has been crunched into one cosmically dense point from the Crunch, and Bang, it happens again.
If my position is correct, then thank the gods you don't believe in that I don't live in the place or time that the Church your god represents and rules.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You can say what you want...I believe we'll probably be having this argument again, as we have countless time before and will countless times again. And the very big difference between your position of God and my position of Eternal Return is you don't have much to base your position on, mine, I can go on with physics, starting with the Big Bang, the universe expanding, and eventually getting so big that is collapses on itself, and as is obvious with a great deal of friction is that a great deal of heat is generated, a bunch of mass has been crunched into one cosmically dense point from the Crunch, and Bang, it happens again.
If my position is correct, then thank the gods you don't believe in that I don't live in the place or time that the Church your god represents and rules.
There is no argument... Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ... Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
You can say what you like....it is referring to homosexual anal sex...

Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ...

And you can say whatever you like - but it won't make it so.

No - "AS WITH A" in Lev 18:22.

In reality Lev 18:21-23 are connected and are about Sacred Prostitutes, - the Qadesh. All three lines are about Molech worship through the Temple Prostitutes.
Lev 18:21 And your semen don't give in copulation to MOLECH, and don't desecrate/prostitute yourself, honor Elohiym, I am YHVH!

Lev 18:22 And with/for males, don't lie down in the beds/for intercourse woman, idolatry is this.

Note the strange wording, and NO "as with a" in 22.

Lev 18:23 And also with any beasts don't lay carnally, thus defiling yourself. And thus also woman shall not be employed to serve beasts in copulation. Bestiality it is!

Lev 18:30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

That word translated "customs" is chuqqah - STATUTES/LAWS/RITES

Homosexuality is not a LAW-STATUTE-RITE, etc, that they PRACTICED BEFORE!!!!!

However, Sacred Sex with the Qedeshah and Qadesh WAS!!!

Lev 20:13 is about Sacred Sex in Molech worship = thus idolatry

Leviticus 20 lets us know right off the bat that it is discussing Molech worship, - which is Sacred Sex.

Lev 20:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Lev 20:2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

Lev 20:3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.

Lev 20:4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:

Lev 20:5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.

Lev 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

There is no - as one lies with a - before woman, and zakar can be commemorative, SO ...

Lev 20:13 And if a Man also lies down for commemorative sex (Sacred Sex) women, both have committed IDOLATRY, they shall die; their blood shall be upon them.

They had sex with Sacred Prostitutes, mothers, daughters, animals, etc.

Also, as I've noted before - even if you kept the erroneous male-male -it would still be about Molech worship and Sacred Prostitutes, not homosexuals.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
There is no argument... Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ... Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10

I notice that all you can do is quote some Bible passages. How about responding to these points:

Promoting prejudice and discrimination is contrary to the spirit of Christ's teachings, as conveyed in sayings like these:
"Do unto others as you would have them do to you", "Don't judge or you will be judged", "Love your neighbours as yourself", and so on.

Christ himself didn't say anything about homosexuality: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/22/what-jesus-says-about-homosexuality-_n_4489452.html

The 10 commandments don't mention homosexuality. If homosexuality was such a big deal if would have been included.

The Bible condemns all sorts of things, including shellfish, but people are very selective according to their own prejudices.

Shadow Wolf

You have the Bible. I have Physics. However shall we determine who is "correct?" Obviously you will not convince me, just as I shall not convince you. It seems then that we have reached an impasse. It is impossible that we shall both be correct, but possible we both shall be incorrect. Do we make this a matter of "conscious," such as Pope Francis, or do we make this a matter of what we chose? In which that case we cannot both possible be correct? So this leads us back to square one...a book written centuries ago that is based upon translations based upon translations based upon centuries of lore, or things that we may be able to work out mathematically? I accept Eternal Return may not be real or valid, that there will be no Big Crunch, that I won't be able to ever again at this moment be drunk on Jager and trying to decide how to best describe the very real and literal fact of "we don't know" to someone who has such a solid faith.
It also goes a lot towards talking about the humility that Christ spoke of. I have my pride, I know what I have done, and no one can take that from me. But I'll be damned if I can recall what I had for breakfast or where I parked at the grocery store. I know my limitations as a human. Do you?
What if, your certainty is arrogance of faith, and my simply admitting that I don't know is what this alleged savior is looking for? We know people do not return from the dead; we know the Earth has never been flooded; we simply know too much to every accept the stories of the Bible as historic fact. Pope Francis spoke of conscious, and what if it is the humility of conscious in saying "I am a human, I simply do not or ever can know" that pleases your savior more than "I know I am correct based upon what these centuries of tales and traditions have told me."?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
And you can say whatever you like - but it won't make it so.

No - "AS WITH A" in Lev 18:22.

In reality Lev 18:21-23 are connected and are about Sacred Prostitutes, - the Qadesh. All three lines are about Molech worship through the Temple Prostitutes.
Lev 18:21 And your semen don't give in copulation to MOLECH, and don't desecrate/prostitute yourself, honor Elohiym, I am YHVH!

Lev 18:22 And with/for males, don't lie down in the beds/for intercourse woman, idolatry is this.

Note the strange wording, and NO "as with a" in 22.

Lev 18:23 And also with any beasts don't lay carnally, thus defiling yourself. And thus also woman shall not be employed to serve beasts in copulation. Bestiality it is!

Lev 18:30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

That word translated "customs" is chuqqah - STATUTES/LAWS/RITES

Homosexuality is not a LAW-STATUTE-RITE, etc, that they PRACTICED BEFORE!!!!!

However, Sacred Sex with the Qedeshah and Qadesh WAS!!!

Lev 20:13 is about Sacred Sex in Molech worship = thus idolatry

Leviticus 20 lets us know right off the bat that it is discussing Molech worship, - which is Sacred Sex.

Lev 20:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Lev 20:2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

Lev 20:3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.

Lev 20:4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:

Lev 20:5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.

Lev 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

There is no - as one lies with a - before woman, and zakar can be commemorative, SO ...

Lev 20:13 And if a Man also lies down for commemorative sex (Sacred Sex) women, both have committed IDOLATRY, they shall die; their blood shall be upon them.

They had sex with Sacred Prostitutes, mothers, daughters, animals, etc.

Also, as I've noted before - even if you kept the erroneous male-male -it would still be about Molech worship and Sacred Prostitutes, not homosexuals.

That's enough....I disagree with you...there is nothing more to add...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I notice that all you can do is quote some Bible passages. How about responding to these points:

Promoting prejudice and discrimination is contrary to the spirit of Christ's teachings, as conveyed in sayings like these:
"Do unto others as you would have them do to you", "Don't judge or you will be judged", "Love your neighbours as yourself", and so on.

Christ himself didn't say anything about homosexuality: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/22/what-jesus-says-about-homosexuality-_n_4489452.html

The 10 commandments don't mention homosexuality. If homosexuality was such a big deal if would have been included.

The Bible condemns all sorts of things, including shellfish, but people are very selective according to their own prejudices.
That's enough....I disagree with you....there is nothing more to add.....

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You have the Bible. I have Physics. However shall we determine who is "correct?" Obviously you will not convince me, just as I shall not convince you. It seems then that we have reached an impasse. It is impossible that we shall both be correct, but possible we both shall be incorrect. Do we make this a matter of "conscious," such as Pope Francis, or do we make this a matter of what we chose? In which that case we cannot both possible be correct? So this leads us back to square one...a book written centuries ago that is based upon translations based upon translations based upon centuries of lore, or things that we may be able to work out mathematically? I accept Eternal Return may not be real or valid, that there will be no Big Crunch, that I won't be able to ever again at this moment be drunk on Jager and trying to decide how to best describe the very real and literal fact of "we don't know" to someone who has such a solid faith.
It also goes a lot towards talking about the humility that Christ spoke of. I have my pride, I know what I have done, and no one can take that from me. But I'll be damned if I can recall what I had for breakfast or where I parked at the grocery store. I know my limitations as a human. Do you?
What if, your certainty is arrogance of faith, and my simply admitting that I don't know is what this alleged savior is looking for? We know people do not return from the dead; we know the Earth has never been flooded; we simply know too much to every accept the stories of the Bible as historic fact. Pope Francis spoke of conscious, and what if it is the humility of conscious in saying "I am a human, I simply do not or ever can know" that pleases your savior more than "I know I am correct based upon what these centuries of tales and traditions have told me."?
That's enough....I disagree with you....there is nothing more to add...

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
You can say what you want.....it is referring to homosexuality....this....Romans 1:26-27

Twenty-six and twenty-seven change nothing.

Women changed their natural use - just means they spurned traditional "spread your legs only for your master/husband." They were Sacred Prostitutes having sex with all who came, - and even animals.

Same with the males.

Sacred Prostitutes were children trained to perform these acts.

Thus again - not about homosexuals.

When was homosexual sex ever about religious worship of birds and snakes???

Shadow Wolf

That's enough....I disagree with you....there is nothing more to add...
But that is to ignore the very heart of my question. How do we continue? How do we decide who is correct and who is wrong, or if we both are wrong? Surely you won't bow out so early?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I think that most religious are full of self righteous low life people who believe they are the chosen people of God, when in fact they are the demon, and low life anti-Christ.

Shadow Wolf

Very telling. You can't respond to specific challenges to your dubious position. You're not really interested in a discussion, just "teaching" your prejudiced interpretation of the Bible.
I consider the Aerosmith song "Dream On" to be a very good philosophy, for the most part. I especially like the line "live and learn from fools and from sages." I yearn to learn more, but I have found some positions to be far more limited than others.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Twenty-six and twenty-seven change nothing.

Women changed their natural use - just means they spurned traditional "spread your legs only for your master/husband." They were Sacred Prostitutes having sex with all who came, - and even animals.

Same with the males.

Sacred Prostitutes were children trained to perform these acts.

Thus again - not about homosexuals.

When was homosexual sex ever about religious worship of birds and snakes???

Ok....there is the NT....no birds and snakes and sacred prostitutes.....Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10

But it matters not....you will never accept it....so we can agree to disagree...and that's that...there is nothing more to add....:)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
But that is to ignore the very heart of my question. How do we continue? How do we decide who is correct and who is wrong, or if we both are wrong? Surely you won't bow out so early?
We don't.....concepts of right and wrong don't mean anything unless there is an authoritative opinion about which everyone accepts....I presented the biblical scripture and it is rejected on this, that, or for any other number of reasons......thus there can be no resolution and thus we can only agree to disagree....it has been a pleasure....:)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I think that most religious are full of self righteous low life people who believe they are the chosen people of God, when in fact they are the demon, and low life anti-Christ.
Wow..that's below the belt....over the top...and a king hit... I thought you were my old pal...:)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Very telling. You can't respond to specific challenges to your dubious position. You're not really interested in a discussion, just "teaching" your prejudiced interpretation of the Bible.
Haha....I have responded to specific challenges to the biblical quotes so many times on this thread that it is pointless to continue the cycle....someone of maturity has to break the loop.. Let's all agree to disagree.....and we become one big happy family again...:)

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Haha....I have responded to specific challenges to the biblical quotes so many times on this thread that it is pointless to continue the cycle....someone of maturity has to break the loop.. Let's all agree to disagree.....and we become one big happy family again...:)

No, you haven't engaged with any of the specific challenges to your position, you just keep repeating your selective quotes. So how about it? Try responding to the specific points I made in post #2748: