• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

AlphaAlex115

Classic bully excuse #1 employed. Let's see if you deploy any others.

Pahahahaha!! Are you really trying to tell us the Egyptians, the Persians, even the Greeks weren't respectable? Pull the other one!

Christ another guy comes in racked with insults.

They were there in Egyptian times, i know. im talking before even that. you know u quite upset me shadow :/

Try harder :(

p.s. i could use some of ur chocolate now

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Christ another guy comes in racked with insults.

If you think my comments are "racked with insults" then report them and let the moderators decide. Telling someone you can't be a bully because you were bullied in your past is an excuse I (and I assume) many others here have seen deployed by bullies in the past.

Try harder :(

p.s. i could use some of ur chocolate now

You just quoted yourself there. *slow clap*

AlphaAlex115

If you think my comments are "racked with insults" then report them and let the moderators decide. Telling someone you can't be a bully because you were bullied in your past is an excuse I (and I assume) many others here have seen deployed by bullies in the past.

I have no intentions of reporting you. You're obviously a regular here, and from past experiences regulars are never dealt with, even if they are as subtly truculent as you, because they know where the line is drawn at.

Insult to injury :). It was intentional though, should have read my posts ;_;

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What's so bad about just having, according to you, bad thoughts towards them? they'll never know
You called them unnatural clones who have a "contrived conscious," you said they are not proper and not like us."
And, yes, they would know. Kids are brighter and sharper than what most people give them credit for. When you see someone as different, it does show.
If you were tormented yourself, then shame on you for putting others through your pain. And you're doing it to children who've not even yet had a chance.

JoStories

The title of the post is "is being gay a sin according to your religion". Most of the people answering seem to have have little or no religion or some religion they invented. The major religions have different ideas from these self made religions.
Completely untrue. I am Buddhist and that is certainly not an invented faith. But neither does it condemn me for being Bisexual.

JoStories

dude keep ur sarcasm towards people u know. its kinda impertinent here.

My sources are valid, its just u're not bothered to look em up.

If she has two mothers than she's missing a father. daddy issues will ensue... people never think of the children. itd be just so weird and i bet friends will mock them
Bullspit. My cousin and his husband have raised two boys who are lovely and heterosexual. They have NO issues, despite being born to crack addicted mothers. And they are extremely intelligent, mostly because their fathers do no allow smart phones, tablets or computers other than for homework.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Completely untrue. I am Buddhist and that is certainly not an invented faith. But neither does it condemn me for being Bisexual.

The people who have a problem with gays in this thread basically seem to be Abrahamic monotheists who make selective use of Bible quotes to justify their prejudice.

lostwanderingsoul

Buddhism usually traces its beginnings to a man named Siddhartha Gotama who lived 2500 years ago and was trying to find a solution to the world's suffering. He wrote down his ideas and that led to the Buddhist religion. Sounds to me like something he invented.

AlphaAlex115

Bullspit. My cousin and his husband have raised two boys who are lovely and heterosexual.
Bullspit. How does being heterosexual have any pertinence?

They have NO issues
Are you implying that being a homosexual is an issue? May Jesus Christ have mercy on your poor soul lol.

And they are extremely intelligent, mostly because their fathers do no allow smart phones, tablets or computers other than for homework.

There's intelligence and there's knowledge. You clearly cannot differentiate them.

Your reply is ridiculous. I'm talking about emotionally instability i.e. if they don't have a mother then problems will ensue.

Shadow Wolf

If she has two mothers than she's missing a father. daddy issues will ensue...
That's total bull! A child doesn't need a mother and a father, or any certain number of parents or even parents of a certain sex. What a child needs is a stable, loving, and supportive home. And, if you want to bring science into it, it seems that children of lesbian parents are better off.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...-finds-children-lesbian-parents-may-be-better
A new study published in the prestigious journal Pediatrics followed a group of children born to lesbian mothers for nearly 25 years to chart their psychological health and development. Previous studies have found no significant differences in psychological health between children reared by lesbian or heterosexual parents [1-4]. This led the American Academy of Pediatrics to issue a report in support of same-sex parents raising children [5].

This new study, by Dr. Gartell and Dr. Bos, was launched in 1986 with a goal of following children of planned lesbian families into adulthood. They described the families as "planned" because the children were conceived with donor insemination opposed to being conceived with a man from a previous relationship. After nearly 25 years, the authors have reported the results on the psychological adjustment of the offspring. They measures psychological adjustment with the widely used and validated Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL). Compared to established norms, the children of lesbian mothers were rated significantly higher in social, school/academic, and total competence. They were rated significantly lower in social problems, rule breaking, and aggressive problems.

lostwanderingsoul

A child is born because of an act between a man and a woman. Why would this not be the natural way for a child to be raised. Of course it is possible for the child to be raised without a mother and a father but that is not nature's way and not the best way.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Buddhism usually traces its beginnings to a man named Siddhartha Gotama who lived 2500 years ago and was trying to find a solution to the world's suffering. He wrote down his ideas and that led to the Buddhist religion. Sounds to me like something he invented.

NEWFLASH: All the world's religions were "invented" by people.

Shadow Wolf

Of course it is possible for the child to be raised without a mother and a father but that is not nature's way and not the best way.
Nature provides us with very many different models to look at. By far, the most common is no parental involvement at all, or having just the mother look after her young. With us humans, it's been far more common for a village to help raise children than just one or two parents.

lostwanderingsoul

As far as all religions being invented by someone, some people believe there is a God and He gave us rules to live by. It is only natural for those without the knowledge of these God given rules to make up their own rules.