• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
evidence that before any respectable civilization existed, homosexuality was around
Homosexual behaviors were a normal part of life for ancient Greeks, and even earlier:
http://www.egyptology.com/niankhkhnum_khnumhotep/dallas.html
Gay people can be found throughout recorded history, and the stereotypes about them may have been around just as long, Egyptologist Greg Reeder said in a speech in Dallas this weekend.
His proof: the tomb of Niankhkhnum and Khnumhotep. The two men were royal court manicurists who lived about 2400 B.C. in the ancient Egyptian city of Saqqara and were buried together much like a married couple.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8433527/First-homosexual-caveman-found.html
The male body – said to date back to between 2900-2500BC – was discovered buried in a way normally reserved only for women of the Corded Ware culture in the Copper Age.
The skeleton was found in a Prague suburb in the Czech Republic with its head pointing eastwards and surrounded by domestic jugs, rituals only previously seen in female graves.
"From history and ethnology, we know that people from this period took funeral rites very seriously so it is highly unlikely that this positioning was a mistake," said lead archaeologist Kamila Remisova Vesinova.
"Far more likely is that he was a man with a different sexual orientation, homosexual or transsexual," she added.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
How dare you, you're causing me some distress...
Waaa? I have no tolerance for anyone who would dare to call a child "not proper" or "unnatural." You may not say it, but even just having the thought means you would treat them differently.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You state your own view, and then refute mine for being ignorant. That's hardly civilized.
But they're not proper. They're authentically made. Their whole perception of life is unnatural
Your view is ignorant because it is flat out wrong. What's hardly civilized is saying that children born of artificial insemination aren't "properly conscious beings."

You clearly have no idea what artificial insemination is. It's a medical process where semen is injected into a vagina or uterus. Like sexual intercourse without the penis.

Paleo

Primitivism and chill
Shadow wolf quite upset me. I don't reckon i'll stick around here much longer :/ i state my honest feelings and people just attack me... im so upset..

dont u see that they're not like us? we were brought into this world. they were made like robots.. its not ethical to make something like a human using unnatural means
I apologize that you're upset but you wouldn't be able to tell if I child was conceived in such a manner. A person is a person, they look like you and me, they breathe like you and me, the have the same feelings and emotions, you wouldn't know unless they told you.

AlphaAlex115

Waaa? I have no tolerance for anyone who would dare to call a child "not proper" or "unnatural." You may not say it, but even just having the thought means you would treat them differently.

But u treated me like crap just then! I would never overtly treat them differently..

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Shadow wolf quite upset me. I don't reckon i'll stick around here much longer :/ i state my honest feelings and people just attack me... im so upset..

dont u see that they're not like us? we were brought into this world. they were made like robots.. its not ethical to make something like a human using unnatural means
When you say things that are flat out wrong, you're going to get called on it.
"They" are exactly like us. They are the product of the meeting of a sperm and an egg.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
i know its cloning.
It's not. You're wrong.
CLONE
noun
Biology.
  1. a cell, cell product, or organism that is genetically identical to the unit or individual from which it was derived.
  2. a population of identical units, cells, or individuals that derive from the same ancestral line.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cloning

ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION

noun
the injection of semen into the vagina or uterus by means of a syringe or the like rather than by coitus
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/artificial-insemination?s=t

AlphaAlex115

It's not. You're wrong.
CLONE
noun
Biology.
  1. a cell, cell product, or organism that is genetically identical to the unit or individual from which it was derived.
  2. a population of identical units, cells, or individuals that derive from the same ancestral line.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cloning

ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION

noun
the injection of semen into the vagina or uterus by means of a syringe or the like rather than by coitus
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/artificial-insemination?s=t

I know my science. clones are not real like those storm troopers. bet those people hardly even know why they're living or what their purpose is

AlphaAlex115

Because you have a terrible mentality towards certain children, children who are no different than any other child and in no way deserve to be thought of as "unnatural."
I DON'T. I said i don't overtly treat them badly. What's so bad about just having, according to you, bad thoughts towards them? they'll never know

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
How dare you, you're causing me some distress... it's my honest view. they're not natural though.. i would never tell them that, but its what i think. im not a bully shadow wolf :( i was the guy that was bullied at school. im sorry u were tormented as a child

Classic bully excuse #1 employed. Let's see if you employ any others.

evidence that before any respectable civilization existed, homosexuality was around

Pahahahaha!! Are you really trying to tell us the Egyptians, the Persians, even the Greeks weren't respectable civilisations? Pull the other one!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I know my science. clones are not real like those storm troopers. bet those people hardly even know why they're living or what their purpose is
You clearly do not know your science if you think cloning is the same thing as artificial insemination. Clones are genetically identical to the individual they were derived from. Artificial insemination produces children that are a mixture of the parent's genes, just like someone who was conceived via sexual intercourse. Big difference.
You are just factually wrong.