• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

AlphaAlex115

Nope. Not at all because that was a direct response to you poking fun at my family history. You aren't debating, you're arguing.

Debating and arguing are synonymous, are they not?

Making fun of your family history? Do not take it personally Paleo. My views of same sex couples aren't the same as everyone else's, though many share my perception (especially psychologists). Don't take offense.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
dude keep ur sarcasm towards people u know. its kinda impertinent here.

My sources are valid, its just u're not bothered to look em up.
Uh okay. So I'm supposed to read your mind and guess what these imaginary sources are, and then go find them? That's hilarious, but it doesn't actually work that way.

If she has two mothers than she's missing a father. daddy issues will ensue... people never think of the children. itd be just so weird and i bet friends will mock them
.Lots of people are missing a father, or a mother. Some kids were raised in single parent homes. Some kids were raised by their grandparents. People with fathers have "daddy issues" as you call it.

Her child is quite happy and healthy, thanks for you concern though. :rolleyes: It's not weird at all.

She'll only be mocked by ignorant people like yourself, I'm sure.
I used to be teased because I wore glasses. My sister used to be teased for her big feet.

AlphaAlex115

She'll only be mocked by ignorant people like yourself, I'm sure.
I used to be teased because I wore glasses. My sister used to be teased for her big feet.

No need to resort to personal insults. Respect my opinions. I'd hate to grow up with a same sex couple, and that's my honest view.

I also got called four eyes at school. People would take my glasses and smash them on the floor.

"Adam and Eve are fictional characters." I know. But not to the guy i was talking to, think he was a christian

Paleo

Primitivism and chill
Debating and arguing are synonymous, are they not?

Making fun of your family history? Do not take it personally Paleo. My views of same sex couples aren't the same as everyone else's, though many share my perception (especially psychologists). Don't take offense.
Actually I study psychology, my mother has a degree in it and her grandmother was actually a very well known child psychologist and yet my views are this:
Children do just fine with same sex parents in fact nonsexual (commonly known as asexuality in people) and homosexual animals which appear in numerous species play important roles. You can google that if you'd like. I mean would you rather an orphan have no parents or two of the same sex?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
And such sexually active individuals will also let their sperm loose in other areas :).

Very dated and wrong argument? How can an argument be wrong? Is my viewpoint not as viable as yours? I've constantly referred people to sources.
You have referred to absolutely no sources at all. None. Zip. Nada.

AlphaAlex115

Actually I study psychology, my mother has a degree in it and her grandmother was actually a very well known child psychologist and yet my views are this:
Children do just fine with same sex parents in fact nonsexual (commonly known as asexuality in people) and homosexual animals which appear in numerous species play important roles. You can google that if you'd like. I mean would you rather an orphan have no parents or two of the same sex?

If i'm an orphan i'd go for a mother and father. link ur sources!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It is only purportedly recent, as the population surged, that homosexuality is a thing.
Just because we're now calling it "homosexuality" doesn't mean it hasn't been around for as long as we have. We've only used terms such as sociology and psychology for a couple hundred years, but it doesn't mean the concepts and ideas didn't exist prior to that.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No need to resort to personal insults. Respect my opinions. I'd hate to grow up with a same sex couple, and that's my honest view.

I also got called four eyes at school. People would take my glasses and smash them on the floor.

"Adam and Eve are fictional characters." I know. But not to the guy i was talking to, think he was a christian
Well let's see. When talking about gay people having children you implied they would be genetically deformed, for some reason. I'm sorry but that is an ignorant statement.

AlphaAlex115

Just because we're now calling it "homosexuality" doesn't mean it hasn't been around for as long as we have. We've only used terms such as sociology and psychology for a couple hundred years, but it doesn't mean the concepts and ideas didn't exist prior to that.

And you've got no evidence for that, have you :p?