• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

lostwanderingsoul

Only people who practice "home made" religions believe this. Those who believe in God know that He inspired the religion intended for all people. Most people just do not realize or accept this. Just like they do not accept His ideas about morality or right and wrong.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Only people who practice "home made" religions believe this. Those who believe in God know that He inspired the religion intended for all people. Most people just do not realize or accept this. Just like they do not accept His ideas about morality or right and wrong.
Is Hinduism "homemade"? Is Taoism "homemade"? Is Animism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, Confucianism, Zoroastrianism, and so forth and so on etc etc etc all "homemade" religions to you? Not all religions in the world subscribe to your religion's deity beliefs. So, of course they do not accept your religion's ideas about morality or right and wrong. Why should they? Because you think they should? Not good enough.

Etritonakin

I don't have a religion and being gay is fine by me. What about you guys??

I'd have to say yes -but to specify.... the sin has to do with improper use of sexuality, and was initially intended for a creation which was not adversely affected (adverse effects being a product of not having continued access to the tree of life, but being subject to both good and evil -knowledge and ignorance -whatever our collective choices and circumstances caused). This is different than actual intersex issues.

The law applies to everyone, but as the creation has been adversely affected (based on the intended state of distinct males and females), one's true state must be considered -just as the law only applies as long as we are human and have gender at all.

Males having sex with males or females with females, etc., does not require that one have any issue other than the desire to seek pleasure in that way -but that is not to say there are not actual intersex issues.

If one has both male and female organs, for example, and really doesn't know which gender they are, application of the law becomes rather tricky.

AlphaAlex115

Is Hinduism "homemade"? Is Taoism "homemade"? Is Animism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, Confucianism, Zoroastrianism, and so forth and so on etc etc etc all "homemade" religions to you? Not all religions in the world subscribe to your religion's deity beliefs. So, of course they do not accept your religion's ideas about morality or right and wrong. Why should they? Because you think they should? Not good enough.

Of course they were all originally homemade u doofus ! They can't just pop out of thin air can they? I heard my homemade Christianity smells good.

Back on topic: homosexuals just don't fit into nature. It makes no sense. We are here to procreate. The only deity that doesn't want us to procreate is a bad one, right? I mean God, presumably, would want human survival to continue indefinitely (more or less). That means that who's ever in charge up there is a little satanic.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Of course they were all originally homemade u doofus ! They can't just pop out of thin air can they? I heard my homemade Christianity smells good.

Back on topic: homosexuals just don't fit into nature. It makes no sense. We are here to procreate. The only deity that doesn't want us to procreate is a bad one, right? I mean God, presumably, would want human survival to continue indefinitely (more or less). That means that who's ever in charge up there is a little satanic.
Except that gay people have been around for as long as humankind has been on this planet, and yet we continue to procreate and populate the planet. So apparently the human race will continue to thrive alongside the existence of homosexuality in the animal kingdom (that includes humans). They fit into nature just fine.

AlphaAlex115

Except that gay people have been around for as long as humankind has been on this planet

So you've been around since the dawn of the caveman? Intriguing.

and yet we continue to procreate and populate the planet.

You are aware of the statistics? I'm sure I can quote some if I can find my sources in my Geography files. Basically more and more people are becoming gay. I predict that they'd be little heterosexuals by the 22nd century.

They fit into nature just fine.

??????????

Kelly of the Phoenix

You just make things up to suit your prejudice....a nondenominational Christian is naturally responsible to live according to the teaching....and the passages I have quoted from the old and new testament are unambiguous on their judgement of homosexuality...
Jesus also said we need to judge a tree by its fruit. Even if we've believed something has been a sin for millennia, if it is hurting innocent people because some old dead people were biased, the tree that bears that fruit must be cut down.

There is no objective reason to be against homosexuality in the civil rights sense (obviously, heteros are not going to like it personally because, well, we don't swing that way). It is most often lumped together with sins that DO harm others, such as rape, beastiality and pedophilia (where consent cannot be or was not obtained), etc. Two consenting human adults can do whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Also I want to add: Why do some obsess over the homoseksuals? Do they not have more important things in life to worry about? Are they unable to face those problems? Or unwilling?
Here are some motivations

And the other main reason is that homophobes go "boing" when thinking of gay sex

Haha.....there is not difficult question...the thread title asks the question...and I answered it from the position of the bible.. That you do not like what the bible has to say about it is your problem...I have not made it up nor have I got any satisfaction out of the distress it causes those who hate to hear what the bible says about homosexuality... Now be a good boy and let it go and I will have no reason to be here...
It's also said, by Paul in a rare moment of morality, "in Christ there is neither male nor female" (etc).

You have picked one story of a threatened gang rape, several laws where homosexual activities are as much as an abomination as eating shellfish and wearing mixed fabrics, and the usual from Paul. Where is Jesus in all this Christianity?

Maybe some people are born with certain chemicals in their brains that make them become mass murderers. Does that make it right for them to do it?
This is what I'm talking about when I mentioned lumping sins together that simply aren't in the same playing field.

To be beholden to everything some group said was moral when they list gayness, food, clothes, etc as sins when they SHOULD be worrying about rape, genocide, etc ... their priorities need a checkup, don't you agree?

We are talking about right and wrong not if there is a victim or not. God says murder is wrong but He also says homosexuality is wrong.
He also said eating pork was wrong. He also said cutting your hair was wrong. With ALL the problems experienced by Hebrews, why focus on such shallow crap?

Maybe they should learn to control themselves and not kill people and maybe homosexuals should control themselves and not have sex with people of the same sex.
Is that why David ruled to a good ol' age? Because (as far as we know) he and Jonathan may have been naked together and loved each other more that life itself, but they never had sex?

I mean, David seems so callous when wooing women, but let Jon die and OMG DRAMA QUEEN.

By the same token, people who are born left handed should be forced to use their right hand only, like it use to be done.
Both my mother and myself were told left-handedness was of the devil. She's still left-handed but I'm right-handed. You can tell it was round kindergarten when I stopped using my left hand because I still write like a kid with that one :)

Those who believe in God know that He inspired the religion intended for all people.
The bible is from Jews, by Jews, for Jews ... and Christianity only became Christianity after the gentiles were let in by Paul and later Peter and such. Jesus was QUITE clear that he thought of gentile women (at least one, anyway) as a dog and NEVER had the same shocked look on his face when Jews asked him for favors like he did when gentiles did. How did an omniscient messiah not know gentiles could have faith?

Except that gay people have been around for as long as humankind has been on this planet, and yet we continue to procreate and populate the planet. So apparently the human race will continue to thrive alongside the existence of homosexuality in the animal kingdom (that includes humans). They fit into nature just fine.
If Jesus believed in women, he wouldn't have let the bible downplay his female apostles. By stripping us of our importance, it makes Jesus look like he was only interested in bumming around town with 12 guys ...

Paleo

Primitivism and chill
No. My belief system does not have the concept of sin or at least does not view it negatively.
You are aware of the statistics? I'm sure I can quote some if I can find my sources in my Geography files. Basically more and more people are becoming gay. I predict that they'd be little heterosexuals by the 22nd century.

I honestly have no idea what kind of point you're trying to make here. The human species is in absolutely no danger of dying out by far. If anything the population is increasing too rapidly (by about 10 million a day) and we have a far higher chance of a massive population decrease due to things like economic collapse and resource shortages long before sexual orientation would even have a chance to make a seriously negative impact.

AlphaAlex115

No. My belief system does not have the concept of sin or at least does not view it negatively.

I honestly have no idea what kind of point you're trying to make here. The human species is in absolutely no danger of dying out by far. If anything the population is increasing too rapidly (by about 10 million a day) and we have a far higher chance of a massive population decrease due to things like economic collapse and resource shortages long before sexual orientation would even have a chance to make a seriously negative impact.

I KNOW THERE'S AN EXPONENTIAL INCREASE! Everyone knows that. But what is the POINT if there's hardly anyone left to reproduce?

Paleo

Primitivism and chill
I KNOW THERE'S AN EXPONENTIAL INCREASE! Everyone knows that. But what is the POINT if there's hardly anyone left to reproduce?
But where exactly are you getting the idea that straight people are going extinct? Not to mention that gay couples can have children due to scientific advances?

AlphaAlex115

Jesus also said we need to judge a tree by its fruit. Even if we've believed something has been a sin for millennia, if it is hurting innocent people because some old dead people were biased, the tree that bears that fruit must be cut down.

You know, I don't think I've ever come across someone so inspiring. "We should cut down the trees with the evil fruit!" Are you kidding me? Without evil there is no good.

AlphaAlex115

can have children due to scientific advances?

Yeah, and we know how that is turning out lol. The trauma of not having a mother / being genetically deformed. No, I won't even get started down that avenue.

There are countless sources on the homosexual populace in various countries. Compare WW2 Britain to contemporary Britain (use google).

Paleo

Primitivism and chill
Yeah, and we know how that is turning out lol. The trauma of not having a mother / being genetically deformed. No, I won't even get started down that avenue.

There are countless sources on the homosexual populace in various countries. Compare WW2 Britain to contemporary Britain (use google).
Would you care to cite your sources on that argument? I grew up without one of my parents and have done just fine. Also the reason the gay population seems to have increased is because people aren't scared to mention it now. In WW2 Britain being gay would have been viewed very poorly.

AlphaAlex115

Would you care to cite your sources on that argument? I grew up without one of my parents and have done just fine. Also the reason the gay population seems to have increased is because people aren't scared to mention it now. In WW2 Britain being gay would have been viewed very poorly.

im sorry u had to experience that, does explain the belligerence

I can't cite my sources atm because i'm playing chess, sorry! also ure clearly ignorant as to how they gathered the data. Read up on it :D!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If the only goal of sex is procreation then why do non-sex organs become sexually aroused? Why do see a number of different species having sex for pleasure and group bonding? And you also have to consider homosexuals do not make up a very large part of the population. Even if half of us turned exclusively homosexual overnight, our species would be in no danger of extinction.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So you've been around since the dawn of the caveman? Intriguing.
What? Do you think homosexuality is a new thing?

I know that there are like 7 billion people on the planet, so I'd say we're doing okay, population-wise.

I have no idea why you think more and more people are becoming gay.

??????????
That goes along with the rest of the things I said. We find homosexuality in the wild in the animal kingdom, and among human beings (also animals). So yeah, it finds into nature just fine.