• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
You are propagating anti-Christian views here....atheists do not have any right to impose their views on Christians....

And theists don't have the right to impose their prejudice on anyone else. By propagating prejudice against gays you are harming gays, directly and indirectly.

But are you actually a Christian? In another thread recently you said you believed in reincarnation, and that isn't a Christian belief. Do you just cherry pick to suit your own preferences?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
And theists don't have the right to impose their prejudice on anyone else. By propagating prejudice against gays you are harming gays, directly and indirectly.

But are you actually a Christian? In another thread recently you said you believed in reincarnation, and that isn't a Christian belief. Do you just cherry pick to suit your own preferences?
I have no problem with that......but I can't help that you think I am...

This is not the place to discuss it, but as a nondenominational Christian, I do not see any biblical passages that preclude the understanding of rebirth...especially considering Genesis 2:7

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
If you're non-demoninational then you don't have to conform to any particular view on the issue of homosexuality. But you still condemn it, despite it not being referred to in the 10 commandments, and despite these judgemental attitudes being un-Christ-like. Hmmm.
You just make things up to suit your prejudice....a nondenominational Christian is naturally responsible to live according to the teaching....and the passages I have quoted from the old and new testament are unambiguous on their judgement of homosexuality...

Rick O'Shez

....a nondenominational Christian is naturally responsible to live according to the teaching....

Yeah, like "Do unto others as you would have them do to you", "Don't judge or you will be judged", "Love your neighbours as yourself", and so on.

And following the 10 commandments, which make no mention of homosexuality.

And as for making things up, reincarnation is now a Christian teaching? Really?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yeah, like "Do unto others as you would have them do to you", "Don't judge or you will be judged", "Love your neighbours as yourself", and so on.

And following the 10 commandments, which make no mention of homosexuality.

And as for making things up, reincarnation is now a Christian teaching? Really?
This thread is not about the teaching of Jesus...

This thread is not about the Ten Commandments...

This thread is not about reincarnation...

This thread is about...."Is being gay a sin according to your religion?"

This is what the bible has to say.....Genesis 19 .... Leviticus 18:22 ... Leviticus 20:13 ... Romans 1:26-27 .. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ... 1 Timothy 1:10

Now everyone is allowed to provide us with what their religion has to say on the subject without being trolled and stalked...

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
Now everyone is allowed to provide us with what their religion has to say on the subject without being trolled and stalked...

Being trolled on the internet...that's the internet.

Also I want to add: Why do some obsess over the homoseksuals? Do they not have more important things in life to worry about? Are they unable to face those problems? Or unwilling?

Rick O'Shez

Ridiculous. You've been lecturing us about your views for pages and pages and you have repeatedly side-stepped difficult questions. Clearly you can't cope with having your prejudice challenged and exposed, but that really is your problem, not ours.

On the one hand you claim your prejudice is justified by Christian teaching, on the other hand you believe in reincarnation which is not Christian teaching. It really doesn't add up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Being trolled on the internet...that's the internet.

Also I want to add: Why do some obsess over the homoseksuals? Do they not have more important things in life to worry about? Are they unable to face those problems? Or unwilling?
Got me beat....who is obsessing over homosexuals? Or is that your reason for posting here?.....:)

Kori

Ridiculous. You've been lecturing us about your views for pages and pages and you have repeatedly side-stepped difficult questions. Clearly you can't cope with having your prejudice challenged and exposed, but that really is your problem, not ours.

Just keep in mind he has to follow the views of gheyness being a sin because it's in his religion. I, for example, do not have to follow it because it's not my religion.
Most of the religious anti-gay rhetoric I've seen stems from monotheism. I view it as immature and regressive.
Most Monotheistic religions need enemies in order to survive. In Christianity it's the homos and Pagans, wouldn't doubt others but those two stand out.

Got me beat....who is obsessing over homosexuals? Or is that your reason for posting here?.....:)

What do you mean? I was asking legitimate questions.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Haha.....there is not difficult question...the thread title asks the question...and I answered it from the position of the bible.. That you do not like what the bible has to say about it is your problem...I have not made it up nor have I got any satisfaction out of the distress it causes those who hate to hear what the bible says about homosexuality... Now be a good boy and let it go and I will have no reason to be here...

Kori

So was I...why are you posting here?

Well I did mention Lord Odin being bi. But if that's not good enough I'm intellectually trolling with humour(;) to the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand) and civility. But you cannot deny I am making good points.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Well I did mention Lord Odin being bi. But if that's not good enough I'm intellectually trolling with humour(;) to the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand) and civility. But you cannot deny I am making good points.
Well it will be a welcome relief on this thread to find someone of good humour and civility....ye old bible is not popular among the popular majority here....and it is the poor messenger what cops the blame....:)

JoStories

Christianity does not cherry pick and exclude the writings of Paul because he spoke of homosexuality as a sin.....as a homosexual, you have obvious reasons to be critical of Paul, and thus you are biased....but that's ok, I don't mind....
My bias comes from decades of study of this material. I have looked at Paulian dogma for a very long time and nothing that he wrote fits in with what Christ would have taught, or at least very little. And I am getting tired of the insults about my sexual orientation. I will report you if you keep it up as it is against forum rules to insult someone based on race, gender, orientation, etc.

JoStories

Fine....so show me where I have called anyone's view....evil, twisted, bad, etc..?
Seriously? You just a few posts ago said my view was biased based on my sexual orientation. There are dozens more of these kind of posts had I the interest in finding and posting them. You know that Shadow was right.

JoStories

When I read the bible, or any other religious teachings, or practice them, I have only one thing in mind...what and who I really am in the context of absolute existence? I am not into politics..period.. I am determined to understand what and who I am in the universal context in this life....what you do in private is not my business..but what is in the bible is my business and so I do not deny what I know for the sake of avoiding smears on my character...
Sure, what is in the Bible is your business, ...for you! Not me, not everyone else. You are free to follow and believe in it all you want. You are NOT free to judge me or others based on what you believe.

JoStories

You just make things up to suit your prejudice....a nondenominational Christian is naturally responsible to live according to the teaching....and the passages I have quoted from the old and new testament are unambiguous on their judgement of homosexuality...
There was a time some months back when you and I discussed you and me and the fact that you claimed Buddhism as your faith. Now its a vague Christianity with no name. Do you not see how that is really fence sitting? And no Buddhist would condemn anyone for anything.