• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No you haven't, you won't engage in any serious discussion, all you do is copy and paste a selection of Bible quotes. And cut the lame ad hom attacks, it's just a cheap diversionary tactic.
Have too....serious discussion with Norman?.....
1rof1ROFL_zps05e59ced.gif
And you stop copying and posting these same old questions that I've answered many times.....here...look at your post...Yesterday at 6:55 PM #2762....which I answered here.....Yesterday at 7:15 PM #2765...and then you copy and posted the same questions here.....Yesterday at 8:53 PM #2783....and now you're using again for smhogle here....Today at 3:53 PM #2842

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Have too....serious discussion with Norman?.....
1rof1ROFL_zps05e59ced.gif
And you stop copying and posting these same old questions that I've answered many times.....here...look at your post...Yesterday at 6:55 PM #2762....which I answered here.....Yesterday at 7:15 PM #2765...and then you copy and posted the same questions here.....Yesterday at 8:53 PM #2783....and now again here....Today at 3:53 PM #2842

You still haven't provided a coherent response to my points. All you do is copy and paste some Bible verses.

So come on, respond directly to these points, they're listed again a couple of posts up. I don't think you can, basically it seems you have a prejudice against gays and don't want to examine it.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Discrimination based on gender, race and sexual orientation. Victimising people on the basis of things about them that they cannot change.

Maybe you would like to have a go at responding to the points I raised earlier:

1. Promoting prejudice and discrimination is contrary to the spirit of Christ's teachings, as conveyed in sayings like these:
"Do unto others as you would have them do to you", "Don't judge or you will be judged", "Love your neighbours as yourself", and so on.

2. Christ himself didn't say anything about homosexuality: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/22/what-jesus-says-about-homosexuality-_n_4489452.html

3. The10 commandments don't mention homosexuality. If homosexuality was such a big deal if would have been included.

4. The Bible condemns all sorts of things, including shellfish, but people are very selective according to their own prejudices.

5. Not all Christians have a problem with gay people, so it seems like a choice rather than a requirement of the religion.
And you stop copying and posting these same old questions that I've answered many times.....here...look at your post...Yesterday at 6:55 PM #2762....which I answered here.....Yesterday at 7:15 PM #2765...and then you copy and posted the same questions here.....Yesterday at 8:53 PM #2783....and now again you are using it on smhogle.....Today at 3:53 PM #2842

Rick O'Shez

And you stop copying and posting these same old questions that I've answered many times.....here...look at your post...Yesterday at 6:55 PM #2762....which I answered here.....Yesterday at 7:15 PM #2765...and then you copy and posted the same questions here.....Yesterday at 8:53 PM #2783....and now again you are using it on smhogle.....Today at 3:53 PM #2842

So answer the questions. Respond specifically to the points instead of copying and pasting Bible references.
Stop hiding behind some stuff in an old religious text.

Rick O'Shez

This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee! - Polonius

So you just behave how you want to behave, and never mind if it hurts other people?

How is this selfish attitude compatible with Christian practice? How does it fit in with Christ's teaching, eg "Do unto others as you would have them do to you", "Don't judge or you will be judged", "Love your neighbours as yourself"?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So you just behave how you want to behave, and never mind if it hurts other people?

How is this selfish attitude compatible with Christian practice? How does it fit in with Christ's teaching, eg "Do unto others as you would have them do to you", "Don't judge or you will be judged", "Love your neighbours as yourself"?
Well if I am true to myself....I will be true to the teachings of Christ..

Rick O'Shez

Well if I am true to myself....I will be true to the teachings of Christ..

And the teachings of Christ include these: "Do unto others as you would have them do to you", "Don't judge or you will be judged", and "Love your neighbours as yourself".

So how about applying these principles to gay people?

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
There is no debate. My words are in black and white for all to read. I did not say, or imply, that ALL Christians wanted slavery. In fact if you go back and read that section, you will find we were discussing those Christians, - and others, - that were against slavery.

It is a fact that Christians used the Bible to say they had a God given right to hold and breed slaves - forever.

In fact they used these verses from Leviticus and Exodus. -

Lev 25:45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

Lev 25:46 And you shall take them for inheritance to your sons after you, to hold for a possession; you may enslave them FOREVER. But on your brothers, the sons of Israel, one over another, you shall not rule over him with severity.

Exo 21:4 If his master has provided him a woman, and she have born him sons or daughters; the woman and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself. (Breeding of slave to pass on.)

You didn't have to say “ALL” Christians, but the fact that you did not quantify Christians with “some” or “a few” or “many” sort of lends itself to an individual becoming confused upon reading your first post which dealt with the topic of slavery. Slavery's discussed in the Bible, what does that mean? Nothing, as far as the actual truth of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade is concerned. What you've shown me, thus far, is that you can quote particular Bible passages while pulling them out of context (specifically, Old Testament passages), and utilize them in what I perceive to be a critique of the Christian religion or any aspects thereof. If you don't believe I am understanding, I can simplify the basic premise your argument: some Christians attempt to justify a heinous act based upon recordings in Scripture of a similar condition that existed among (broadly) various peoples of the world, specifically among a separate culture of individuals who have - since the verses were written - been scattered across the world, am I correct? A separate culture than the one to which the people such Christians took as slaves actually belonged, true?

Same issue as with the condemnation of LGBT individuals: passages being deliberately decontextualized to make the implied target a different one than actually is.

Last edited: