• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Sinning.....
Surely you must know. Why is that you put up such a resistance, but when you are asked to describe these "homosexual acts," you can't. That's like saying you're going to throw a large stone but you only toss a small pebble.
What are these "stones" you have to offer us?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Doing gay things according to christianity is a sin. Heterosexuals arent excluded. Sorry guys.

Being gay is not a sin according to christianity.

Anyone can practice lust. Find where in the Bible that specifically people who love people of the same gender exists?

Once that is solved, we can go from there.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Surely you must know. Why is that you put up such a resistance, but when you are asked to describe these "homosexual acts," you can't. That's like saying you're going to throw a large stone but you only toss a small pebble.
What are these "stones" you have to offer us?
I don't understand what you are implying.....anal sex as far as the bible is concerned is an abomination....it is a sin...what are these stones?

Sees

Dragonslayer
"People of faith insist that homosexuality is the most serious of sins because the Bible calls it an abomination.

But the word appears approximately 122 times in the Bible. Eating nonkosher food is an abomination (Deuteronomy 14:3). A woman returning to her first husband after being married in the interim is an abomination (Deut. 24:4). And bringing a blemished sacrifice on God’s altar is an abomination (Deut. 17:1.). Proverbs goes so far as to label envy, lying and gossip as that which “the Lord hates and are an abomination to Him” (3:32, 16:22)."

from - http://m.jpost.com/Opinion/Columnis...0NkM4Q0RBOEY5MEI1MkY4QTU5MDlGRUQyMDg4RUYwNzE=

It's an interesting article.

Shadow Wolf

anal sex as far as the bible is concerned is an abomination....
Where does it say specifically that anal sex is an abomination? We can see at glance it says "men who lie with men," and even the word "homosexuals" in some translations, but I cannot recall any passage that clearly forbids anal sex. And it certainly isn't a "gay sex act" because lots of straight people do it just as often. There is even "pegging," were a woman wears a strap on to penetrate a male partner. As for the Bible, nowhere, not once, is anal sex condemned or called an abomination.
what are these stones?
From the little analogy I made.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Where does it say specifically that anal sex is an abomination? We can see at glance it says "men who lie with men," and even the word "homosexuals" in some translations, but I cannot recall any passage that clearly forbids anal sex. And it certainly isn't a "gay sex act" because lots of straight people do it just as often. There is even "pegging," were a woman wears a strap on to penetrate a male partner. As for the Bible, nowhere, not once, is anal sex condemned or called an abomination.

From the little analogy I made.
I've actually explained all this back thread before...the bible does not spell this out for the logical reason that is self evident ....it is clearly a perversion of the proper use of the anus....and the penis...the same perversion as in male on male anal sex...

...same size stones...:)

Shadow Wolf

.it is clearly a perversion of the proper use of the anus....and the penis...
But it isn't clear because anal penetration is something that does sexually feel good, and it can even bring people to orgasm. If it wasn't supposed to be used that way, then why does it feel really good? If it's not the "natural" use, then why does intensify an orgasm, and not ruin it?
And who said you have to use a penis to penetrate and stimulate it? Clearly there are many more things, ways, and methods to dive in and send your partner to orgasmic ecstasy and bliss.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
But it isn't clear because anal penetration is something that does sexually feel good, and it can even bring people to orgasm. If it wasn't supposed to be used that way, then why does it feel really good? If it's not the "natural" use, then why does intensify an orgasm, and not ruin it?
And who said you have to use a penis to penetrate and stimulate it? Clearly there are many more things, ways, and methods to dive in and send your partner to orgasmic ecstasy and bliss.
Hmmm......if you don't mind...we can have this discussion on our next date....:)

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I've actually explained all this back thread before...the bible does not spell this out for the logical reason that is self evident ....it is clearly a perversion of the proper use of the anus....and the penis...the same perversion as in male on male anal sex...

...same size stones...:)
You're trying to push that natural law theory crap? It's illogical. I guess you never masturbate or have oral sex, either, right? Oral sex, anal sex, non-penetrative sex (such as rubbing against each other to orgasm), etc. are all activities that people of all genders and orientations partake in. Because if you're going use that argument, then masturbation and oral sex are just as much of a "perversion" as anal sex is (in fact, that's why the Catholic Church's official teachings hold those activities to be just as sinful as anal sex). Also, what if women's sexual pleasure? The clitoris is located outside of the vagina and the female orgasm isn't necessary to reproduction. Vaginal penetration can feel nice if done correctly, but it's really not all that amazing, especially compared to stimulating the clitoris. If God clearly designed the male and female organs to only work well together and all other uses are wrong in His eyes, then He really did a bum job. He would've made vaginal penetration mindblowing (which it is not), in of itself, to a female and placed the clitoris inside of the vagina. He would not have concentrated so many nerve endings and placed the prostate gland around the anus. Obviously, that's not what is going on here.

For natural law theory to be true, it must be self-evident. That oral sex, anal sex, masturbation, etc. are "perversions" of the "proper" use of sexuality must be clearly demonstrated and able to be ascertained by all. It is not, so natural law theory is wrong just on that basis alone. It's another failed product of ancient Hellenic philosophy. Let it go.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

For natural law theory to be true, it must be self-evident. That oral sex, anal sex, masturbation, etc. are "perversions" of the "proper" use of sexuality must be clearly demonstrated and able to be ascertained by all. It is not, so natural law theory is wrong just on that basis alone. It's another failed product of ancient Hellenic philosophy. Let it go.
In a rare endorsement of Freud, even he stated the mouth and anus are erogenous zones. And he came from an very prudish and sexually repressed time.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You're trying to push that natural law theory crap? It's illogical. I guess you never masturbate or have oral sex, either, right? Oral sex, anal sex, non-penetrative sex (such as rubbing against each other to orgasm), etc. are all activities that people of all genders and orientations partake in. Because if you're going use that argument, then masturbation and oral sex are just as much of a "perversion" as anal sex is (in fact, that's why the Catholic Church's official teachings hold those activities to be just as sinful as anal sex). Also, what if women's sexual pleasure? The clitoris is located outside of the vagina and the female orgasm isn't necessary to reproduction. Vaginal penetration can feel nice if done correctly, but it's really not all that amazing, especially compared to stimulating the clitoris. If God clearly designed the male and female organs to only work well together and all other uses are wrong in His eyes, then He really did a bum job. He would've made vaginal penetration mindblowing (which it is not), in of itself, to a female and placed the clitoris inside of the vagina. He would not have concentrated so many nerve endings and placed the prostate gland around the anus. Obviously, that's not what is going on here.

I am not pushing anything....I was asked a question and I replied honestly...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It has everything to do with the ridiculousness of your position. I just take you not responding to it as you not having an argument against it.
As a Catholic....you can argue with God....that is the source of the condemnation on homosexuality...that is the ridiculousness of your position...