• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Your judgemental attitudes are what I find wrong. As for the Bible, I see it as a very crude and muddled attempt to convey a spiritual message. It reminds me of a Tarantino film, surreal violent pulp fiction where the nice guy dies a horrible death too.
You whole post was about what you find wrong with that which you perceive as separate from you....if you harmonized with your inner being...you would find the peace that passes understanding...bro..

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Are you certain you know what a "point" is? You could just admit that it was an asinine thing to say.
I'm sorry Immortal Flame if I missed your point...I am trying to catch up, so it's probably my fault and have rushed some responses...can you please make it again and I will give more consideration...

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I'm sorry Immortal Flame if I missed your point...I am trying to catch up, so it's probably my fault and have rushed some responses...can you please make it again and I will give more consideration...
I never made one. I just asked you what the point of your statement earlier about Adam and anal sex was, since the exact same statement can be made about Adam and abstinence. What was your point?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I never made one. I just asked you what the point of your statement earlier about Adam and anal sex was, since the exact same statement can be made about Adam and abstinence. What was your point?
I still don't understand....please quote my precise words in context and explain your objection....

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
And please leave my beliefs out of your narrow mind, you expect respect from me, but you don't do the same for me, its a two way street.

Aye, I know that. I never once made reference to your beliefs, or lack thereof, so respect is something that I don't think you really understand. Additionally, how dare you call me ‘narrow-minded’, thereby attacking my character! I will have you know, dear psychoslice, that because of (not, inspite of) my Christian faith, I am very much supportive of the LGBT community, and I, myself, exploring any attractions I have towards transgender individuals. How rude!

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Reality is not two things made up of a recognizer and recognized...reality is the absolute unity of the apparent multiplicity you perceive...

Now you're sounding like a Hindu. It's just woolly syncretism, trying to pretend that all religions are an extension of your particular brand of monotheism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick O'Shez

You whole post was about what you find wrong with that which you perceive as separate from you....if you harmonized with your inner being...you would find the peace that passes understanding...bro..

I don't see your judgemental attitudes and simplistic beliefs as compatible with that kind of inner harmonisation. You are still stuck in duality and discrimination, us and them, you fail to see the bigger picture and the commonality of the human spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I don't see your judgemental attitudes and simplistic beliefs as compatible with that kind of inner harmonisation. You are still stuck in duality and discrimination, us and them, you fail to see the bigger picture and the commonality of the human spirit.
Keep an open mind....you think to much within the conditioning framework of your mind...it will never produce an output different from the one that always comes out.... your mind is closed to revelation...you fear change...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It has everything to do with it. The way that people cherry-pick from the Bible to suit their own prejudices.
Look...cut to the chase...homosexuality has got nothing to do with eating shellfish......have you seen the recent movie "Spotlight"... This is based on reality and shows that religious institutions are the facilitators of homosexuality....the fox is in charge of the hen house... You can down load the torrent from Pirate Bay....

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
You want a bet? There are christians in America that believe black people are inferior to them and should have stayed slaves.

But those Christians are the same colour as the ones who took my ancestors as slaves. Your comment is fatally flawed in a very important aspect: you forgot about the Black Christians! Yes, there were and still are black people who follow the Christian faith. Of course, we are the ones who started the Civil Rights Movement and the Abolitionist Movement, so we count, right?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Obviously I was responding to a previous comment....you quoted me so check and quote precisely who said what that I responded to...then I can know what your point is...
Earlier you claimed that the Bible said that anal sex between and man and woman was an abomination, and JoStories asked you for a source.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Look...cut to the chase...homosexuality has got nothing to do with eating shellfish......have you seen the recent movie "Spotlight"... This is based on reality and shows that religious institutions are the facilitators of homosexuality....the fox is in charge of the hen house... You can down load the torrent from Pirate Bay....
Are you talking about the movie about the Catholic sex abuse scandal? What does that have to do with homosexuality? Are you trying to equate gay men to sex abusers? Wtf.

Rick O'Shez

It shows that that you have chosen to be selective. You discriminate against gays but not against shell-fish, though both are apparently seen as "bad" in the Bible.

What about gay shell-fish though, where would you stand on them? Would it make any difference how big their mussels were? :p

I don't see the relevance of a movie about sexual abuse in the Catholic Church.