• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So it's gays being oversensitive, and not you being judgemental?

th
You mean you judge the bible to be wrong.... the tail wants to wag the dog...

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
You mean you judge the bible to be wrong.... the tail wants to wag the dog...

Your judgemental attitudes are what I find wrong. As for the Bible, I see it as a very crude and muddled attempt to convey a spiritual message. It reminds me of a Tarantino film, surreal violent pulp fiction where the nice guy dies a horrible death too.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Adam would be a moron if he chose a yucky stinky toxic anus instead of a beautifully designed vagina to receive his manhood....and produce us as a bonus....

By the way if "god" made mankind men and woman.... why the **** are their intersexuals!!!!!

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is one of the other of those laws that you state you follow. One cannot pick and choose which of the laws they wish to follow. Either you follow them all or none of them.
No...the OP is clear....it is about our religion's judgement on homosexuality.... Shellfish has got nothing to do with it....this thread is like being Alice in Wonderland....

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Leviticus 20:13 (ASV) And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

If one is a Christian and follows the Bible as a good code of honorable living then how
does one get around the above scripture about homosexuality?
Hey! Lest the more liberals here want to condemn me for being homophobic realize
that I've had good friends that were gay and they never once were even suggestive
of sexual conduct with me.
I judge no one. Fact is I am in recovery from alcohol addiction and it's suggested we
choose a sponsor to help with recovery issues. I chose a man 20 + years sober as he
works a great program of recovery and he is gay.
I could care less about his private sexual activities as those things have nothing
to do with getting healthy again!
He is my sponsor and my friend.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
How do you know it does? This is a double edged sword. But the truth is, the onus is on you to prove its divine. I have always said the Bible contains wisdom but so, too, does the Upanishads, the Vedas, and so on. Do you wish to state that there was no divine input into any other sacred text? Are you willing to say that the Qu'ran was not divinely inspired and if you are, on what basis do you make such as assertion?
Jo...I do not think God is a one trick pony....