• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

JoStories

No you are mistaken....I am not the judge....the bible judges them as it plainly says that homosexuality is an abomination.... You are also judging the bible as having no divine input...shame on you...how do you know this?
How do you know it does? This is a double edged sword. But the truth is, the onus is on you to prove its divine. I have always said the Bible contains wisdom but so, too, does the Upanishads, the Vedas, and so on. Do you wish to state that there was no divine input into any other sacred text? Are you willing to say that the Qu'ran was not divinely inspired and if you are, on what basis do you make such as assertion?

MountainPine

Deuteronomy 30:16
Respect this kind of thing? No way.

http://godhatesfags.com/

th

It is not fair to infer that the Westboro Baptist Church represents Christianity, or even most of it. C'mon dude, really? Christians do not normally make public pickets promoting hate and violence towards certain demographics.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
How do you know it does? This is a double edged sword. But the truth is, the onus is on you to prove its divine. I have always said the Bible contains wisdom but so, too, does the Upanishads, the Vedas, and so on. Do you wish to state that there was no divine input into any other sacred text? Are you willing to say that the Qu'ran was not divinely inspired and if you are, on what basis do you make such as assertion?

Good point. There is also a need to separate the wheat from the chaff when looking at ancient religious texts.

Rick O'Shez

It is not fair to infer that the Westboro Baptist Church represents Christianity, or even most of it. C'mon dude, really? Christians do not normally make public pickets promoting hate and violence towards certain demographics.

The bigots of Westboro Baptist Church are just taking the homophobia of the Abrahamic traditions to it's logical conclusion.

MountainPine

NO Judges must uphold the nations law and cannot opt out for personal beliefs.

I disagree, but that's beside the point. You are nitpicking a single sentence from what I said and failed to address my point, which is to say that gays should have their own institutions that cater to their wants.

If Christians cannot do that then they should not be judges in this country.

Then the laws should be changed. The government shouldn't be conducting marriages in the first place.

MountainPine

The bigots of Westboro Baptist Church are just taking the homophobia of the Abrahamic traditions to it's logical conclusion.

The Westboro Baptist Church represents less than 1% of Christians in the world, and even less of the Abrahamic faiths, thus it is an illogical conclusion.

Rick O'Shez

The Westboro Baptist Church represents less than 1% of Christians in the world, and even less of the Abrahamic faiths, thus it is an illogical conclusion.

But homophobia attitudes are deeply embedded in the Abrahamic faiths. As is sexism.

Westboro Baptists are just being more public about it.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I disagree, but that's beside the point. You are nitpicking a single sentence from what I said and failed to address my point, which is to say that gays should have their own institutions that cater to their wants.

Then the laws should be changed. The government shouldn't be conducting marriages in the first place.

The rest of it is fine so I let it go by.

Also are you saying heterosexuals and homosexuals should be segregated? Because plenty of heterosexuals can and have provided these services to homosexuals believe it or not, not all heterosexuals are homophobias like yourself.

I agree with your stament about government conducted marriages. But the laws should not change to fit Christians, that is a violation of the first amendment.

Rick O'Shez

That is your opinion, particularly the part I bolded and underlined. I believe it to be more of an energy, but not having to do with Christ necessarily.

Indeed. Defining spirit in terms of Christ is a very specific religious belief which many will not share. It's that familiar pattern of monotheists trying to claim a monopoly on spirituality and religion.

MountainPine

The rest of it is fine so I let it go by.

Also are you saying heterosexuals and homosexuals should be segregated? Because plenty of heterosexuals can and have provided these services to homosexuals believe it or not, not all heterosexuals are homophobias like yourself.

I agree with your statement about government conducting marriages. But the laws should not change to fit Christians, that is a violation of the first amendment.

I'm not talking about segregation. I'm talking about forcing Christians or other religious people to cater to homosexuals against their will (which IS a violation of the first amendment). If any heterosexual doesn't have a problem with homosexuals, then more power to them to serve them.