• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

MountainPine

Deuteronomy 30:16
Monotheistic religions obviously have issues with gay people. Just ask the people about to be beheaded for being gay. Just ask the politicians in Australia. Just ask the african christian areas where they try to rape the gay out of you.

All we seek is to be treated equally and have the same access to stuff as everybody else. Our sexuality is not who we are. If people saw us as the people we are, rather than how we have sex or who we love, there wouldnt be an issue. Seriously.

If you want to be treated equally then treat us the same. Do not force us to conduct or contribute to your marriages. Conduct your own marriages (gay preachers, gay judges, gay cake shops, etc.) and respect our beliefs, even if you think they are "hateful". Nevermind the violence, as that is not going on in America. This is all about social status, not rights. American gays still had rights before gay marriage was legal. They could still get civil unions. Marriage, as an institution, is just a social thing. I don't even believe in it, not for straights or gays.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
If you want to be treated equally then treat us the same. Do not force us to conduct or contribute to your marriages. Conduct your own marriages (gay preachers, gay judges, gay cake shops, etc.) and respect our beliefs, even if you think they are "hateful". Nevermind the violence, as that is not going on in America. This is all about social status, not rights. American gays still had rights before gay marriage was legal. They could still get civil unions. Marriage, as an institution, is just a social thing. I don't even believe in it, not for straights or gays.

NO Judges must uphold the nations law and cannot opt out for personal beliefs.

If Christians cannot do that then they should not be judges in this country.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
...respect our beliefs, even if you think they are "hateful".

Respect this kind of thing? No way.

http://godhatesfags.com/

th

JoStories

Look....every human soul is vivified by the spirit of God....there is no more to it... The holy spirit is the Christ spirit....not every human soul has the Christ spirit... The concept of the holy trinity is that there is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost..not all Christian believe this....

That is your opinion, particularly the part I bolded and underlined. I believe it to be more of an energy, but not having to do with Christ necessarily.

JoStories

hi ben - it's funny, I used to think about faith much like that...that it was emotionally alluring. In some ways, it is. I mean, we are human, and we function somewhat on emotion. But, logically, IMO, there was no other explanation for what happened other than the Holy Spirit. If people choose to believe in a deity, and that gives them comfort and serenity, so be it...right? Of course it would be amazing if everyone could see the beauty of Jesus, but for a long time, I was indifferent to Him. To even the idea of Him. Indifference sometimes is worse than hate. :relaxed:
That is fine, for you. I had a different experience that led me to a very different path. The more I studied theology and faiths in general, the less that any one particular faith made sense. And that is very true of Christianity. First of all, the notion of God being male is so completely illogical, not to mention misogynist. There are many things about the teachings of Christ that I like but that does not make Christ any more or less wise and sage than The Buddha or Confucianism or Krishna or Kali. There is a story I read once about a woman who sang in front of her church and she had a divine experience. Her pastor told her that it was heretical. That it was 'the devil'. She left that faith almost immediately for a path that fit her experiences. Point being that each person can and often does have very different experiences and no one of them is better or more 'correct' than another.