• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

JoStories

3. This whole thing about homosexuality vs religion is way overblown. It is a violation of freedom of religion to force churches to perform gay marriages, or to force Christian judges to issue a marriage certificate for homosexuals, or to close down cake shops because the owners object to make wedding cakes for gay couples. Equal rights, huh? I don't think so.

In this country, it is a violation of federal law to discriminate based on color, culture, sexual orientation, etc. If a business refuses to serve a particular person based on these parameters, they are violating the law. As for churches and judges and the like, who cares? If I wanted to marry my partner, it would have been in a very private Buddhist ceremony. Or by a justice of the peace. How does that affect your life or your views of the world? Please explain in detail how my ability to marry my partner would in any way whatsoever affect your life such that it would have a negative effect? And spare me the desolution of the family unit. The number of Christians divorcing FAR outweighs that of gay couples.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Untrue. You are the one judging here. You are the one making these posts. Not the Bible nor God but you. And what is this 'truth of the ages'? If you refer to the Bible, that is but one book of many that allege to reveal truth. What one gleans from them may be truth ...for them. For me, the Bible holds some interesting allegorical tales and some fairly profound wisdom but truth? Perhaps..but who is to say that truth cannot be found in Confucianism? Or the Tao Te Ching?
Hold on Jo....read the title of the thread....I have quoted chapter and verse of the bible that references homosexuality in accordance of what the OP is about..... That you do not agree with the judgement of homosexuality of the bible is your business....just say so and blame God, or the prophets for their not being enlightened LGBT supporters...but not posters who are just honestly explaining what their religion teaches about it...

JoStories

The bowels are full of stool and toxic stuff, bacteria etc.. and what comes out has a yucky smell.... It is hardly the place I imagine nature meant as a venue for sex...
If that is so, can you explain why so many heterosexual couples enjoy anal sex?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Inevitable? Who is to say? I would be more inclined to say possible. And what exactly do you mean by convergence? Please explain from your POV.
Convergence....there is only one God....all who walk the path start off as separate travelers....but as we near the goal...all roads converge...we are all one in the spirit of God....

JoStories

Hold on Jo....read the title of the thread....I have quoted chapter and verse of the bible that references homosexuality in accordance of what the OP is about..... That you do not agree with the judgement of homosexuality of the bible is your business....just say so and blame God, or the prophets for their not being enlightened LGBT supporters...but not posters who are just honestly explaining what their religion teaches about it...
You said:
ben d said:
You are the one that discriminates and judges...you are against everyone whom you judge to be not to be as anti-theist as yourself... Accepting the moral teaching of the bible is not discrimination....it is not I who judges you.....but religious truth...the truth of the ages...

That part about not being you who judges is what I was responding to. Religious truth is not the one judging here, It is posters that view homosexuality as immoral or wrong that are judging. You are the one taking a passage from a book written by men and using that to say that anyone with the temerity to be gay is abnormal. That is judging.

JoStories

Convergence....there is only one God....all who walk the path start off as separate travelers....but as we near the goal...all roads converge...we are all one in the spirit of God....
Which God? Whose version of same? Yours? Mine? How do you know there is only 'one' God? Are you privy to information the rest of the world does not have?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You said:
ben d said:
You are the one that discriminates and judges...you are against everyone whom you judge to be not to be as anti-theist as yourself... Accepting the moral teaching of the bible is not discrimination....it is not I who judges you.....but religious truth...the truth of the ages...

That part about not being you who judges is what I was responding to. Religious truth is not the one judging here, It is posters that view homosexuality as immoral or wrong that are judging. You are the one taking a passage from a book written by men and using that to say that anyone with the temerity to be gay is abnormal. That is judging.
No you are mistaken....I am not the judge....the bible judges them as it plainly says that homosexuality is an abomination.... You are also judging the bible as having no divine input...shame on you...how do you know this?

JoStories

Only to an extent, but it was not designed for penetration, that's why it always needs to be lubed before sex, where as a vagina has natural lubricants. People who practice sodomy over long periods of time have loose anuses because the tissue doesn't contract. Vaginas also have anti-bodies. Anuses do not. Anuses have weak tissue making it easier to contract STDs being that the tissue easily cracks allowing for them to enter the bloodstream, as well as bacteria from fecal matter, which can cause infection.

What an absolute bunch of pigs swallow. Are you aware that many women need to have lubrication also before sex, and I mean vaginally. The entire colon is responsible for much of the immune system or perhaps you have not heard of probiotics. The small and large intestines are full of a particular type of cell that leads to the production of T cells. There is no difference between the anus and the vagina when it comes to STDs other than when someone has more violent types of sex and that can and does include vaginal penetration.

JoStories

You are serious deficient in reading comprehension and reasoning.....the ancient peoples who were wiser than I were the prophets and the apostles, not the faithless... Jesus never spoke about homosexuality....nor about bestiality and pedophilia..but that doesn't mean he was approved of it...
And its does not mean he disapproved either. The only one with this obsession with the issue was Paul, begging the question of why he was so much against women and other issues.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Which God? Whose version of same? Yours? Mine? How do you know there is only 'one' God? Are you privy to information the rest of the world does not have?
One supreme God Jo....God is omnipresent....there is no room for a second.... Of course there is a Celestial hierarchy.....but these and all that exists live, move, and have their being in the omnipresence of the one omnipresent God..

JoStories

What has the Oracle of Delhi got to do with the bible prophets and apostles of Christ?
Even a cursory examination of that time period shows students that much of what was incorporated into the Bible came from older sources, such as the Oracle and other, older religions. The concept of Christ has debatable origins with Horus and Osiris.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
One supreme God Jo....God is omnipresent....there is no room for a second.... Of course there is a Celestial hierarchy.....but these and all that exists live, move, and have their being in the omnipresence of the one omnipresent God..

I notice you keep portraying your religious beliefs as "facts". Unfortunately they're not.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoStories

Homosexual acts is self explanatory....it is not between a man and a woman.... Btw ....although the bible does not mention it specifically, anal sex between a man and a woman would also be an abomination....
Source please? Or is this just one more of your opinions? Its fine if it is but have the courage to admit it is your aversion than pointing to something that is NOT in the Bible.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I understand this....it is a sensitive issue for homosexuals...

So it's gays being oversensitive, and not you being judgemental?

th

Last edited by a moderator: