• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christianity based upon Pagan ideas?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Not really. It is entirely plausible that in some way a large number of people "experienced" a risen christ, much in the same way paul did.

Sorry, but that won't qualify as authentic evidence of a historical event, that of the resurrection of the physical body of Jesus Christ into Paradise. The overwhelming evidence throughout man's history, is that, when human beings die, they always stay dead. We would expect the same for Jesus as well, since he was human.

As for your "large number of people", I contend they were a figment of Paul's overactive imagination. Why, he even counted them to be 500! Perhaps they were graveyard workers having a company picnic in the vicinity, and all saw Jesus shoot up into the sky simultaneously as they were playing volleyball? Strange that we have not one surviving word from a single one of them, either first hand, or second hand, for THE most important event in all of human history. Strange indeed!

...or are you suggesting that some 500 people experienced a mass hallucination of sorts?:D

No, it isn't.

26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; for this is my body."

27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink ye all of it";

28 For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

You keep harping on divine blood. But Paul doesn't. The sacrifice wasn't about divine blood, or even divine sacrifice, as paul never calls Jesus divine. In fact, searching through all of early christian literature, there isn't much focus on shedding divine blood at all.

....except from Jesus's own mouth.

Simply incorrect. The crucifixion means nothing without a risen Jesus, as Paul noted. Plenty of people were crucified. It was the fact that Jesus willingly (according to christian theology) gave up his own life for the sake of mankind, and was resurrected, that was so important.

Jesus himself said that the shedding of his blood was expressly for the remission of sin. He said nothing about a resurrection in connection with the remission of sin. What significance does the resurrection hold for mankind? Who cares that he rose up from the dead and went to heaven? How does that help anyone on earth? The Crucifixion and the resulting blood that was shed is the sacrifice to God the Father that allowed the re-opening of the Gates of Paradise, which the Original Sin of Adam and Eve had closed to all mankind. The Resurrection is merely a trophy piece held up by Christians to "prove" that Jesus was indeed "divine", and not just another schmo.

No, we don't. I don't believe it did. I don't believe that the buddha was a historical person, or that Muhammed received the koran from Allah either. But I don't know.

That Buddha might have been a historical person or even that Muhammed received the Koran from Allah is a zillion times more plausible than the resurrection from the dead of the physical body into heaven of Jesus Christ.

Again, Jews were harldy the only people who made sacrifices, and they did it for many reasons. The most common was simply to honor YHWH.

"Many Jewish sources discuss the deeper meaning behind korbanot. For example, Sefer Hachinuch explains that an individual bringing an animal sacrifice for a sin understands that he personally should have been sacrificed as punishment for the rebellion against God inherent his the sin, but God mercifully accepts the sacrifice in his or her place. Furthermore, it is fitting that an animal is used as a sacrifice because at the moment of sin, the individual in question disregarded his elevated human soul, effectively acting as an animal."

Animal sacrifice: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

As I understand it, the Jews and Christian fundies want to bring back the practice of animal sacrifice:

Animal Sacrifice: Humane Religion Magazine Articles: Bible, love, compassion, peace, justice, sensitivity, church, synagogue, temple, God, Jesus, Christ, Christian, human rights, animal rights, cruelty free, animals, life style, nurture, support, veg

Personally, I think they should bring back human sacrifice on a massive scale. You know, we ARE having a bit of a population problem. All Hail Moloch!:D

godnotgod

Thou art That
We don't know what he said, and even what is recorded changes depending on the gospel used. According to Luke, Jesus says ο δε ᾿Ιησους ἔλεγε· πάτερ, ἄφες αυτοις· ου γαρ οἴδασι τί ποιουσι./ ho de Iesous elege "pater, aphes autois; ou gar oidasi ti poiousi/ and Jesus said "father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

Of what use is your posting what Luke said in Greek script? Most readers here do not read Greek, so are you just doing it to impress, or what? You then go on to provide the English translation, which does not say anything different than: "forgive them, for they know not what they do". The point is still, once again, that Jesus is asking his Father to forgive his transgressors for their Ignorance, rather than for the Sin caused by their Ignorance.

The general consensus is that Jesus asked his Father to forgive his transgressors because they did not understand the nature of their act. It may or may not be true, but that is what most people believe. The only other version I have heard of is the one which says that Jesus actually said, in Aramaic:

"For this I was saved"

...which has a wholly different connotation.

You really have NO idea what you are talking about, do you? The pe****ta is syriac, a later from of aramiac, very different from the forms of aramiac spoken in Jesus' day. Moreover, it is a translation from the greek.

That is the popular mainstream view, but it is not necessarily true. You do not speak or read Aramaic, but one of the translators I referred to in our previous discussion speaks fluent Aramaic, and stated that, essentially, there was not such a big difference after all, and that, he was even able to read the Galilean dialect, as well as others, without too much trouble. Sorry, but I believe him far more than I do you.

Perhaps it is YOU who is in a bit of a fog, brainwashed as you are with all that Greek NT crap.:D

Last edited:

Andal

resident hypnotist
Jesus as a yogi? Sounds good to me! :cool: (I actually believe he was a yogi, hehe)
Vedic architecture sounds good too :D Can you explain more, do you mean you have churches that look like Hindu temples (mondiras? Is that the right word?)? Can you show a picture of what they look like? Please please please? :D

Lol I consider him a yogi too but :) This is however against Christian doctrine (before inculturation)

Here is a picture of the Last Super

Last-Supper-Indian-style.jpg

Bible Institute chapel with gopurum

NBCLCChapel.jpg

Catholic Clergy dressed in the traditional saffron robes of a wondering yogi.

273_IndiaPriests02.jpg

Another Indian Church

6854.jpg

You may want to check out this article from the Times of India about the newly approved Catholic Bible.

'Indian' Bible making waves in Kerala - Thiru'puram - City - NEWS - The Times of India

I have no problem with any of this as long as it isn't used to trick Hindus into converting. But it should be against Christianity according to the Bible.

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
Catholic Clergy dressed in the traditional saffron robes of a wondering yogi.

273_IndiaPriests02.jpg
Standard Roman Catholic operating procedure. The Church will eagerly adopt the trappings of any religion, and even many of its practices and beliefs, if it will help to sucker the locals into giving their allegiance to the Pope.

Oberon

Sorry, but that won't qualify as authentic evidence of a historical event

Welcome to the world of ancient history, where most that is recorded is at least somewhat inaccurate.

Why, he even counted them to be 500!

Another standard attribute of ancient history is to use larger than reality numbers.

...or are you suggesting that some 500 people experienced a mass hallucination of sorts?:D

Pretty much, yes. It wouldn't be the first or last time a large group of people shared a religious experience like that.

26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; for this is my body."

27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink ye all of it";

28 For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

Only this is not the crucifixion. More importantly, it is just a small part of christian theology. Paul barely touches on it, and it is a rather minor aspect of early christian writings. Most importantly, the liturgical "drinking and eating" of the body and blood of Jesus is hardly akin to bathing in the blood of a slaughtered bull.

....except from Jesus's own mouth.

No, except from some words placed in jesus' mouth by the early christian community, which became part of early christian and later liturgy.

Jesus himself said that the shedding of his blood was expressly for the remission of sin.

According to the gospels, although it is unlikely he actually said this.

He said nothing about a resurrection in connection with the remission of sin.

According to a tradition earlier than the gospels, this was exactly what was important.

What significance does the resurrection hold for mankind?

None. Unless one is christian, of course.

Who cares that he rose up from the dead and went to heaven? How does that help anyone on earth?

It doesn't. Neither does is death. Unless one is christian. Then the resurrection extremely important.

The Resurrection is merely a trophy piece held up by Christians to "prove" that Jesus was indeed "divine", and not just another schmo.

If he wasn't thought to resurrect, then we wouldn't have christianity. The messiah wasn't supposed to be crucified. He was supposed to restore the davidic line and Israel. By changing this expectation to a "theological" kindgom governed by a risen messiah, christianity was formed. Without the risen messiah, you don't have "christ"ianity.

That Buddha might have been a historical person or even that Muhammed received the Koran from Allah is a zillion times more plausible than the resurrection from the dead of the physical body into heaven of Jesus Christ.

Not really. How is it more plausible to suppose a omniscient and omnipotent God who is actively involved in our world dictated his words to a man via an angel, than to suppose he sent his son as a human, and brought him back to life? Both are impossible by any normal standard.

"Many Jewish sources discuss the deeper meaning behind korbanot. For example, Sefer Hachinuch explains that an individual bringing an animal sacrifice for a sin understands that he personally should have been sacrificed as punishment for the rebellion against God inherent his the sin, but God mercifully accepts the sacrifice in his or her place. Furthermore, it is fitting that an animal is used as a sacrifice because at the moment of sin, the individual in question disregarded his elevated human soul, effectively acting as an animal."

Are you deliberately missing the point? I'm not denying that the idea of sacrifice for absolvement existed in Judaism. My points are:

1. This was not the most common use of sacrifice. The most common was simply to honor YHWH.
2. The Jews weren't pagan, so the influence of Judaic sacrificial practices isn't a matter of christianity using pagan ideas.
3. In religious practices, sacrifices is usually not for the cleansing of sin.

Of what use is your posting what Luke said in Greek script? Most readers here do not read Greek, so are you just doing it to impress, or what? You then go on to provide the English translation, which does not say anything different than: "forgive them, for they know not what they do". The point is still, once again, that Jesus is asking his Father to forgive his transgressors for their Ignorance, rather than for the Sin caused by their Ignorance.

My point is that it is too often forgotten that the NT isn't written in english. So when you quote an english translation you may very well be missing certain subtleties and nuances.

That is the popular mainstream view, but it is not necessarily true.
It is not the "mainstream view." It is the view of every single scholar in relevant fields. There are a few who have argued, for example, that matthew was written in hebrew. But there are virtually none who argue that all the gospels were originally written in aramiac. More importantly, no aramaic scholar believes that syriac was spoken in Jesus' day. The language of the Pe****ta is from a different period of aramiac.

You do not speak or read Aramaic, but one of the translators I referred to in our previous discussion speaks fluent Aramaic

Again you display a basic lack of comprehension on the matter. Speaking modern aramaic is TOTALLY different than speaking the language of Jesus. You speak and read English. Do you think that, if I gave you the text Ancrene Wisse or a text of Chaucer you would be even able to read it? It is in English, but the english of a different period. The different forms of aramiac in Jesus' day are a different period of aramiac than the syrian texts, and large difference exist between the two periods. Even more exist between both of these and modern aramaic.

NO expert in aramaic of Jesus' day believes that Syriac aramiac was spoken.

, and stated that, essentially, there was not such a big difference after all, and that, he was even able to read the Galilean dialect, as well as others, without too much trouble

I studied classical greek prior to NT studies. From studying that greek, I could read the NT greek without too much trouble. Yet I know, as does every student of greek, that there are large differences between the two languages. Pronunciations changes, syntactical changes, and so forth took place between the greek of Jesus' day, and that of Plato's day. The fact that I could make my way through the simpler Koine greek of Jesus' day after studying classical greek doesn't change this.

Sorry, but I believe him far more than I do you.
Yes, because you want to believe this, not because there is any evidence to support the claim. You have consistently failed to quote any modern NT expert (including experts on Aramiac) who believe the gospels were written in greek, or that the Pe****ta is not a translation. You have found a couple of non-experts, even quoting ministers from over a century ago, who believe this, and because it conforms to what you want to believe anyway, you do. I can give you any number of NT and aramaic experts who will say otherwise, because they all do, even those who argue that Matthew was not written originally in greek.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Lol I consider him a yogi too but :)
Haha, yeah. :D I have a lot in common with Hinduism though, which is why I believe he was a yogi or wandering sage. :D

Here is a picture of the Last Super

Last-Supper-Indian-style.jpg

Another Indian Church

6854.jpg
Woot! How cute :D
However, it seems to be ripping off Hinduism's style a lot, and I think it may make Christianity look like a cheap copycat of Hinduism as opposed to another religion entirely..

But it should be against Christianity according to the Bible.
I agree with you entirely. But, I do like diversity the influences bring in. :D But it does look kinda like a cheap trick to do. The puja and everything make it so eventually it will probably be almost indistinguishable from Hinduism. I wonder how it would look in 500 ~ 800 years. :D

logician

"We would expect the same for Jesus as well, since he was human.
"

There is no real historical evidence whatsoever that such a man existed.

Oberon

There is no real historical evidence whatsoever that such a man existed.

Not according to the authors of "The Jesus Mysteries" anyway. But how much should we trust a guy with a B.A. in psychology? If we look instead to critical NT scholarship over the past several hundred years, we get a very different picture.

Andal

resident hypnotist
Why should it?

There's a couple of reasons. The first is that Vedic temple architecture represents the body of the cosmic man. The gopurum being his feet. It is a cosmic mandala that being inside of transforms the individual. This excludes the concept of the Judeo Christian God. For them to adopt it is to associate with pagan ideas. If they say they are transforming it for Christ then it's just trickery and a cheap mock up.

The one glarring thing that stands out is the "Christian" puja. We use sacred images in our worship and this would most certainly be called "idolatry" by the Bible.

The point though is to show that Christianity does indeed take from "paganism"

Wannabe Yogi

There's a couple of reasons. The first is that Vedic temple architecture represents the body of the cosmic man. The gopurum being his feet. It is a cosmic mandala that being inside of transforms the individual. This excludes the concept of the Judeo Christian God. For them to adopt it is to associate with pagan ideas. If they say they are transforming it for Christ then it's just trickery and a cheap mock up.

The one glarring thing that stands out is the "Christian" puja. We use sacred images in our worship and this would most certainly be called "idolatry" by the Bible.

One more fun fact about Eastern Religions and there infuence on the Christian Church they even turned the Lord Buddha into a Christian. Saint Josaphat had the same life story as the Buddha. Only he became a Christian instead of becoming enlightened.

Andal

resident hypnotist
One more fun fact about Eastern Religions and there infuence on the Christian Church they even turned the Lord Buddha into a Christian. Saint Josaphat had the same life story as the Buddha. Only he became a Christian instead of becoming enlightened.

That is an excellent point. I completely forgot about that. I think they transformed his chief disciple, Ananda into a Christian saint as well.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
If they say they are transforming it for Christ then it's just trickery and a cheap mock up.
I question the use if there is spiritual significance in the architecture of the building, but if they don't pretend that it has the same significance in Christianity, I don't see it as trickery...

Otherwise, I understand your feeling on the cheap mock-up comment...

As I noted, icons are used in Christianity...

Saint Josaphat had the same life story as the Buddha. Only he became a Christian instead of becoming enlightened.
The canonized Saint Josaphat is not the same as in the story of Barlaam and Josaphat(the Christianized version of Buddha's story)...

godnotgod

Thou art That
Welcome to the world of ancient history, where most that is recorded is at least somewhat inaccurate.

LOL....uh...did you say..."some-what"?...Paul wrote some 50 years after Jesus died...I would say more like "grossly" inaccurate, and that goes for the poker faced (but red nosed) :Didea that the NT was written in Greek, too!

Another standard attribute of ancient history is to use larger than reality numbers.
....especially when dear old Paul was making the whole thing up in his darling little head!

"Yeah, '500' is a nice, round number...I think they'll fall for it...heh..heh"

Pretty much, yes. It wouldn't be the first or last time a large group of people shared a religious experience like that.
I seriously doubt if THAT even occurred, as not a single oral or written word on the part of the participants has come down to us for THE single most important event in all of human history....nope...not gonna buy it....zilch....Certainly if you or I had had such a hallucinatory experience, we would have told at least 10 neighbors or so...but nada....as if it was all in a vacuum...a vacuum that exited in Paul's head, that is!

Only this is not the crucifixion. More importantly, it is just a small part of christian theology. Paul barely touches on it, and it is a rather minor aspect of early christian writings. Most importantly, the liturgical "drinking and eating" of the body and blood of Jesus is hardly akin to bathing in the blood of a slaughtered bull.
Sir, that is polite English tea time compared to the modern Christian vision of "washing in the blood of Jesus".. Actually, I like to think of it more as 'cavorting'. Let's face it: the Crucifixion as a bloody affair...even to the last drop. I could not locate it, but I have somewhere in my library an old woodcut showing blood spurting from about 15 or 20 punctures in the body of Jesus as he hangs on the cross bleeding to death. All around him are the "faithful" with their mouths open, not missing a single drop! Grotesque! I kid you not! Jesus is literally a fountain of spurting blood! Oooey! Goooey! Yukkie-Pooh!:eek:

"Uh, sir, would you care for some nice french bread to go along with that?"

No, except from some words placed in jesus' mouth by the early christian community, which became part of early christian and later liturgy.
Ah, so the doctrine was deliberately contrived! Hmmmm? This is sounding more and more like someone was trying to turn a bloody political affair into a religious one.

According to the gospels, although it is unlikely he actually said this.
Excuse me, but we are speaking about what people generally believe to be true, and the idea that Jesus himself said that his own blood was to be shed for the remission of sin is the general consensus. Whether it is actually true or not is unimportant; what is important is the fact that this doctrine itself is pagan and/or tribal by its very nature. Church elders seem to think it is somehow profound. They allow themselves to be fooled in this manner, and turn something gross and ignorant into something mysterious, wondrous, and filled with significance.

According to a tradition earlier than the gospels, this was exactly what was important.
I have described exactly what the Crucifixion was supposed to do, namely, to re-open the Gates of Paradise which Original Sin had closed for all mankind. What could be more important than that? Now tell me, and quit beating around the bush: of what importance is the resurrection to man, in comparison to the Crucifixion? As I suggested to you, it is but a fancy concoction to lend credence to the story. If you are sober, you can see right through it; unfortunately, Christians allow themselves to be drugged by the idea. A powerful narcotic, to be sure!

None. Unless one is christian, of course.
Duh! Christian doctrine is what this discussion is all about, no?

It doesn't. Neither does is death. Unless one is christian. Then the resurrection extremely important.
Uh...yes?...do go on....important?...how so?...that is, in Christian terms..as the discussion is in context, OK?

If he wasn't thought to resurrect, then we wouldn't have christianity. The messiah wasn't supposed to be crucified. He was supposed to restore the davidic line and Israel. By changing this expectation to a "theological" kindgom governed by a risen messiah, christianity was formed. Without the risen messiah, you don't have "christ"ianity.
According to Christian doctrine, the entire episode was staged by God the Father. Jesus KNEW he was to be crucified, as evinced by his passion in the Garden:

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me. Yet not my will but yours be done."

Luke 22:42

Not really. How is it more plausible to suppose a omniscient and omnipotent God who is actively involved in our world dictated his words to a man via an angel, than to suppose he sent his son as a human, and brought him back to life? Both are impossible by any normal standard.
Hearing voices is much more plausible than fleshy virgin births and resurrections, would'nt you say? Come, now!

Are you deliberately missing the point? I'm not denying that the idea of sacrifice for absolvement existed in Judaism. My points are:

1. This was not the most common use of sacrifice. The most common was simply to honor YHWH.
2. The Jews weren't pagan, so the influence of Judaic sacrificial practices isn't a matter of christianity using pagan ideas.
3. In religious practices, sacrifices is usually not for the cleansing of sin.
The point is that any sacrifice is made to please a potentially punishing deity. Ongoing sacrices are intended to keep the deity in good spirits, and you in his favor.
My point is that it is too often forgotten that the NT isn't written in english. So when you quote an english translation you may very well be missing certain subtleties and nuances.

It is not the "mainstream view." It is the view of every single scholar in relevant fields. There are a few who have argued, for example, that matthew was written in hebrew. But there are virtually none who argue that all the gospels were originally written in aramiac. More importantly, no aramaic scholar believes that syriac was spoken in Jesus' day. The language of the Pe****ta is from a different period of aramiac.

Again you display a basic lack of comprehension on the matter. Speaking modern aramaic is TOTALLY different than speaking the language of Jesus. You speak and read English. Do you think that, if I gave you the text Ancrene Wisse or a text of Chaucer you would be even able to read it? It is in English, but the english of a different period. The different forms of aramiac in Jesus' day are a different period of aramiac than the syrian texts, and large difference exist between the two periods. Even more exist between both of these and modern aramaic.

NO expert in aramaic of Jesus' day believes that Syriac aramiac was spoken.

I studied classical greek prior to NT studies. From studying that greek, I could read the NT greek without too much trouble. Yet I know, as does every student of greek, that there are large differences between the two languages. Pronunciations changes, syntactical changes, and so forth took place between the greek of Jesus' day, and that of Plato's day. The fact that I could make my way through the simpler Koine greek of Jesus' day after studying classical greek doesn't change this.

Yes, because you want to believe this, not because there is any evidence to support the claim. You have consistently failed to quote any modern NT expert (including experts on Aramiac) who believe the gospels were written in greek, or that the Pe****ta is not a translation. You have found a couple of non-experts, even quoting ministers from over a century ago, who believe this, and because it conforms to what you want to believe anyway, you do. I can give you any number of NT and aramaic experts who will say otherwise, because they all do, even those who argue that Matthew was not written originally in greek.
i am afraid we will need to take up the matter in a separate topic; one that I will get around to posting, to discuss both Aramaic and Greek NT Primacy issues.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
My hunch: that, to the ignorant and superstitious, blood was thought of as the life force. In ancient times, if you slew a legendary warrior on the field of battle, the thing to do was to drink his blood right then and there while it was still warm, in order to acquire the magical power he possessed. That is the whole idea; that by partaking of divine blood, it's power will do things, like wash sin away. Contrast this belief and practice to that of the East, where it is not blood which carries the life force, but breath. Actually, this was also the original idea right from the get go, if you stop to thinik about it:

"In the Beginning was the Word...."

...and what do you suppose is behind "the Word", but breath?

"...and the Word became Flesh"

...in earlier times, it was believed that God spoke the world into existence. This coincides with Hindu thought, as well.

...and then, of course, we have God breathing his life force into the nostrils of Adam, whom He had just created from the dust of the Earth.

...the Greeks believed the air to be the same as spirit. They called it "pneuma". Modern science has eviscerated the word to mean nothing more than air, as evinced in such words as "pneumatic" and "pneumonia".

The breath is central to all of the marital arts...

To the yogi, breath is life itself...

Breath is central to Buddhist meditation, as it is directly linked to consciousness.

Mediation and breath control are ultimately linked to Higher Consciousness and the Enlightened State.

The modern Christian prides himself on the thought of himself being washed in the blood of Jesus. To the Buddhist, this is disgusting.

Amongst Christians, only the mystic seems to understand that it is not about blood; that belief in the magical power of blood and its sacrificial rites is based upon pure ignorance and pagan ideas. The fact that orthodox Christianity has retained it in its doctrine tells us that something is terribly wrong with its understanding of the spiritual world. It got it wrong from the get go, and I will be posting a piece later on which demonstrates exactly how and why this occurred.

Last edited:

LittleNipper

Christianity is directly connected to Judaism, which is directly connected to GOD's covenant with Abraham, which is directly connected to the promise GOD made to Adam & Eve...

Paganism is the copycat/distortion of the full truth ----- that is what satan does. He distorts, confuses, confounds, and modifies the truth. The serpant said, "You will not surely die..." See Genesis 3:4

Mr Cheese

Um,

Buddhas story is the same as Christ's essentially...

the story is universal....

lets look:

• A child is born, he is special, he comes from a privalaged background
Both royal in this instance

• They leave the home and go wandering
  • A period of self doubt occurs
  • They return home, remembering that they are royal
This is the universal story of Christ and Buddha. It can be found in many other places, even in seemingly unrelated, such as Aladdin....

Is christianity based on pagan ideas? Well nothing exists in isolation.....
Some forms are more pagan than others(christianity).

considering paganism is the original form of any religion, of course christianity comes from paganism.
Christianity likes to differentiate itself and distance itself from paganism. Which is obviously somethign it can never do. Is Christianity lesser in some way because of its origins? no.....
Poking at Christianity because it has roots adn origins is rather silly and puerile. Let those that don't know deny such things, it is their ignorance, it does not change anything.

Bware

I'm the Jugganaut!!
Christianity is directly connected to Judaism, which is directly connected to GOD's covenant with Abraham, which is directly connected to the promise GOD made to Adam & Eve...

Paganism is the copycat/distortion of the full truth ----- that is what satan does. He distorts, confuses, confounds, and modifies the truth. The serpant said, "You will not surely die..." See Genesis 3:4
Even though Paganism was around for thousands of years BEFORE christianity. Even though almost every major event in the Bible was stolen from sort of Pagan belief. Right Paganism is the copcat/distortion of the truth. :facepalm:

Mr Cheese

Even though Paganism was around for thousands of years BEFORE christianity. Even though almost every major event in the Bible was stolen from sort of Pagan belief. Right Paganism is the copcat/distortion of the truth. :facepalm:

Judaism was pagan at one point...