• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Donald Trump racist?

Is Donald Trump racist?

• Yes. Donald Trump is racist.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No. Donald Trump is not racist.

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nous

Premium Member
Actually, it's too much information which only suggests something.
One can also infer Trump's racism from his claims that the neo-Nazis and white supremacists at that Charlottesville rally are "very fine people". Only a racist would refer to neo-Nazis and white supremacists "very fine people."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One can also infer Trump's racism from his claims that the neo-Nazis and white supremacists at that Charlottesville rally are "very fine people". Only a racist would refer to neo-Nazis and white supremacists "very fine people."
Ond could, & indeed many do infer such things.
I say that's booOOoooOOOoooOOOoooguuuUUUuuuuUUUuuUUUssss!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What would be proof someone's a racist if not the things they say and do? A non-racist is only going to have so many slip ups in speech before something else is suspected.
I find The Donald to be rather bigoted, but not specifically racist.
You see, I don't find Muslim, Mexican or other such groups to be races.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Well me either, by race means ethnicity or skin color. Hispanics would be the equivalent of Mexicans, there is your race and country of origin, unless Trump realizes hispanics can be here legally, And how he managed to find a racist Hispanic to represent them during his campaign is extradordinary. I still remember some taco trucks comment.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Trump hires racists and says he's never heard of the KKK or David Duke. I'm not a racist and I don't associate myself with racists. Trump is guilty by association in this case.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You can attempt to rename the Democrat party, but they were still Democrats.
Not any longer as they "converted" en masse to the
Republican Party, largely beginning in the mid 1960's when LBJ started getting civil rights legislation passed. "Southern Democrats" are about as likely to be seen in most parts of the South as are unicorns.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Some people have difficulty with terms like "racism" and "false equivalencies". In regards to how we use the term "racism" today in the real world, here :

Racism is discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity. Today, the use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition...

Today, most biologists, anthropologists, and sociologists reject a taxonomy of races in favor of more specific and/or empirically verifiable criteria, such as geography, ethnicity or a history of endogamy. To date, there is little evidence in human genome research which indicates that race can be defined in such a way as to be useful in determining a genetic classification of humans...
-- Racism - Wikipedia

Some also struggle with the term "false equivalence", so here:

A common way for this fallacy to be perpetuated is one shared trait between two subjects is assumed to show equivalence, especially in order of magnitude, when equivalence is not necessarily the logical result. False equivalence is a common result when an anecdotal similarity is pointed out as equal, but the claim of equivalence doesn't bear because the similarity is based on oversimplification or ignorance of additional factors. The pattern of the fallacy is often as such: "If A is the set of c and d, and B is the set of d and e, then since they both contain d, A and B are equal". d is not required to exist in both sets; only a passing similarity is required to cause this fallacy to be able to be used.

False equivalence arguments are often used in journalism and in politics, where the minor flaws of one candidate may be compared to major flaws of another.
-- False equivalence - Wikipedia

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
. I'm not a racist and I don't associate myself with racists.
I've hired racists.
It's unavoidable.
One must take steps to ensure that their failings don't cause legal woes for the company.
Btw, you only think you don't associate with racists.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I've hired racists.
It's unavoidable.
One must take steps to ensure that their failings don't cause legal woes for the company.
Btw, you only think you don't associate with racists.
I'm not the president and if I was I wouldn't hire people with a racist past that is publicly known. False equivalence.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
? Where do you learn these things? You do realize the DemoKKKrat party was started by conservatives in the south right?
Well I'll be...... My hound dog just treed a coon. ...... That means Republicans are actually liberals!

idav

Being
Premium Member
You can attempt to rename the Democrat party, but they were still Democrats.
Before hearing Trumps mouth I was pretty much set that racism almost equal in both parties. Not after Trump, Republicans get to deal with the alt whatever's now.

Nous

Premium Member
So, nothing I've said is "bogus". Correct?
Not that I know of....other than it being proof of Trump's racism.
In addition to his statements and discriminatory behavior already noted, one can infer Trump's racism from a variety of his other comments, such as what he said about Judge Curiel ("He's a Mexican.") and about Mexicans ("They’re rapists . . . And some, I assume, are good people.”), sentiments that he soon extended to all Latinos. In 2015: "And if you look at black and African American youth, to a point where they’ve never done more poorly. There’s no spirit.”

These are the assertions and behavior of a racist.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In addition to his statements and discriminatory behavior already noted, one can infer Trump's racism from a variety of his other comments, such as what he said about Judge Curiel ("He's a Mexican.") and about Mexicans ("They’re rapists . . . And some, I assume, are good people.”), sentiments that he soon extended to all Latinos. In 2015: "And if you look at black and African American youth, to a point where they’ve never done more poorly. There’s no spirit.”

These are the assertions and behavior of a racist.
Your quotes are altered.