• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God pro-abortion?

McBell

Admiral Obvious

As I mentioned it was an example how fetus and baby are used in our society interchangeably. Like body parts of an aborted baby like an arm or leg I would not call a fetus, to make it more palatable for people.
I call bull ****.
The only reason for the blog entry title to use the word baby in place of the word fetus is for an appeal to emotion.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I never said you did. I simply stated he isn't that far off, which he isn't.
And you seem to STILL not understand the fact that I was not talking about the content (or more specifically the seriously lacking content) of the blog he referenced.
As it turns out, neither was he.

Yet here you are running off into left field fully cocked with nothing to shoot.

We Never Know

No Slack
And you seem to STILL not understand the fact that I was not talking about the content (or more specifically the seriously lacking content) of the blog he referenced.
As it turns out, neither was he.

Yet here you are running off into left field fully cocked with nothing to shoot.

Lol. You win. You can now go to bed happy. Sweet dreams.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok so when you’re interpreting Scripture and the exact word for miscarriage isn’t used are you able to say it is, ex. Numbers 5? Plus I agree fetus is the correct term, so is baby, especially a fully formed human being in the womb. Also, who are your Bible Scholars you trust? There names
Tell me why do you think that the exact term for miscarriage is important? This is sort of error is why you will have trouble understanding quite a few Bible verses. One must also have an understanding of context and euphemisms used to understand the Bible.

I am sorry, but this is a terrible argument on your part. You only declare to the world why you do not understand the Bible.

And fetuses are not "fully formed". If that were the case an early birth would not be a problem. Think about it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Last edited:
I do not know how to make it any more clear than:

Except it is not a headline.
It is the title of a blog post
You know, the first two lines of that post......

I then presented a link to the only title with said name that google can find.
Perhaps you could be so kind as to give an example of how it could have been more clear that I was specifically talking about the "headline/blog entry title" and not the content of them?
Title would’ve been a better word than Headline,
I call bull ****.
The only reason for the blog entry title to use the word baby in place of the word fetus is for an appeal to emotion.
Look up the different definitions of headline, the point was fetus and baby are used interchangeable in our society. I have yet to hear a pregnant mother say my fetus is a boy or girl, I felt the fetus move, whenever we went to the doctor they never said your fetus, they always said your baby.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Title would’ve been a better word than Headline,

Look up the different definitions of headline, the point was fetus and baby are used interchangeable in our society. I have yet to hear a pregnant mother say my fetus is a boy or girl, I felt the fetus move, whenever we went to the doctor they never said your fetus, they always said your baby.
That is due to intent. The intent is to carry it to term and have a live birth.

Nope. How does your inability to understand how languages work make me lose? Very strange.[/QUOTE
Now that we
Nope. How does your inability to understand how languages work make me lose? Very strange.
Is God pro-abortion? No, He is pro-life, He said choose life by obeying Him, results in fruitful living and blessing. Rebellion against God results in death and a curse. So what’s the best solution? Do things Gods way and avoid death, avoid having to kill an innocent life, that’s what abortion is, taking an innocent life, what God meant to be a blessing people have turned into a curse.

I call bull ****.
How was it an appeal to emotion, to who, lol? It’s reality and our society wants to dehumanize innocent life in the womb and not see them as they are: Heart beat, nerves, arms, legs, feet, hands, fingers, toes, can determine sex. You treat them like tissue and discarded. That’s what’s BS and disgusting.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Is God pro-abortion? No, He is pro-life, He said choose life by obeying Him, results in fruitful living and blessing. Rebellion against God results in death and a curse. So what’s the best solution? Do things Gods way and avoid death, avoid having to kill an innocent life, that’s what abortion is, taking an innocent life, what God meant to be a blessing people have turned into a curse.
You keep ignoring the fact that the Bible has no opposition to abortion and supports it at times.

Preaching won't get you anywhere.

night912

A chemical abortion, which is what the test describes, causes a miscarriage. The Bible is pro-abortion.

Holy Water and dirt is not a chemical abortion. Otherwise both the unfaithful and faithful wife would’ve lost their children if they were pregnant. You appear very dishonest and biased. Now I have no problem with God ending a life. That’s how it should be, only God should make that decision then maybe we won’t have almost a million a year.

Technically/chemically/medically it is a chemical abortion. The purpose of a chemical abortion is to terminate a pregnancy by introducing a chemical to the pregnant woman so it can result in a miscarriage. Since the priest is giving the pregnant woman holy water(a chemical) and adding dirt(a chemical) to it, resulting in it being a cursed holy water(a chemical mixture). The priest gives this chemical to the pregnant woman in order to end the pregnancy that was the result of her cheating with another man. The result is a miscarriage from ingesting the cursed holy water, a chemical, therefore, it is a chemical abortion. And if the woman is still pregnant and gives birth to a living baby, she did not have an abortion.

Argument solved. ;)

night912

Holy Water and dirt is not a chemical abortion. Otherwise both the unfaithful and faithful wife would’ve lost their children if they were pregnant.
A failed abortion means that the woman did not have an abortion. An abortion could not have taken place if the pregnancy wasn't terminated and the woman gave birth to a living baby. How could they lose their child if she ends up giving birth?

You keep ignoring the fact that the Bible has no opposition to abortion and supports it at times.

Preaching won't get you anywhere.
I never said that abortion isn’t ok in certain instances and not ignoring that fact at all. The abortions of approx. 800,000 per year in the US is not what the Bible supports. The fact remains abortion and death was not Gods plan for mankind in the beginning. All that was due to man’s rebellion against God when they decided to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That’s the tree you are currently eating from. I choose the tree of life.

Technically/chemically/medically it is a chemical abortion. The purpose of a chemical abortion is to terminate a pregnancy by introducing a chemical to the pregnant woman so it can result in a miscarriage. Since the priest is giving the pregnant woman holy water(a chemical) and adding dirt(a chemical) to it, resulting in it being a cursed holy water(a chemical mixture). The priest gives this chemical to the pregnant woman in order to end the pregnancy that was the result of her cheating with another man. The result is a miscarriage from ingesting the cursed holy water, a chemical, therefore, it is a chemical abortion. And if the woman is still pregnant and gives birth to a living baby, she did not have an abortion.

Argument solved. ;)

Argument solved. ;)
True except the mixture of dirt and water caused the unfaithful woman’s stomach to swell and thigh to rot whether she was pregnant or not. Where as the faithful wife drinking the same mixture whether pregnant or not, either could conceive or nothing happened.