• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
What part of "detailed description" didn't you understand? o_O
Pure consciousness is non conceptual....it is a knowing without conceptual interpretation.. It is the sharing of the pure consciousness without thoughts...mind to mind awareness of the one mind....

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Pure consciousness is non conceptual....it is a knowing without conceptual interpretation.. It is the sharing of the pure consciousness without thoughts...mind to mind awareness of the one mind....

That's just the usual cliched word salad. If you're making a claim of "mind to mind communion" then you need to back it up with a detailed description of an actual occurrence. Or are you just speculating?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
That's just the usual cliched word salad. If you're making a claim of "mind to mind communion" then you need to back it up with a detailed description of an actual occurrence. Or are you just speculating?
No speculation Spiny...but concerning who, what, when, where, etc.,...there is a certain wisdom tradition that is relevant here...do not cast pearls before swine lest they......you know the rest...

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
No speculation Spiny...but concerning who, what, when, where, etc.,...there is a certain wisdom tradition that is relevant here...do not cast pearls before swine lest they......you know the rest...

Don't be evasive, just explain clearly the basis for the claim you have made.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
If it isn't for the "profane" then don't make wild claims about it on a public forum. Ridiculous behaviour.
Telling the profane that they are incapable of properly understanding esoteric principles on a public forum is appropriate in cases where it is relevant and true...

Jumi

We can call that sensation of timelessness in meditation god if we wish, but I don't think it's something that creates this universe or is ruling above it. That said I think it's rather universal to any serious meditator whether theist or non-theist. I expect someone in deep prayer or religious ritual to experience the same no matter their beliefs.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The physical universe (multiverse) is not self-explanatory.

I wonder why not. You might be right, but I do not see the necessity of the inference.

Let's take your claim: there is no natural explanation for why there is something instead of nothing. I am interested to know what you mean. i can only think of two possibilities:

1) there is no explanation. Neither natural nor not-natural. The fact that there is something is just a brute fact of existence
2) there is an explanation, but it cannot be natural

For sake of discussion we can rely on our (naive) intution for what concern the definition of nature. Unless you like to define what you meant with "natural" in your original claim.

So, which one is it?

Ciao

- viole

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Isn't this just a cop out, though? You are just using poetic language and vague biblical sayings to avoid supporting your claim it seems.