• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Unification

I ask because I have looked and have not found any such post.
Which leads me to wondering if it was actually claimed or if you are making assumptions based upon what was actually said.

Why don't you ask him? One of the recent posts states: it's consistent, everpresent, omniscient effects.

Unification

Another lie, another epic failure.

I've said what science declares to be the case.

Gravity and dark energy are names for effects OBSERVED on matter.

I don't believe in dark energy or gravity, I accept them as the names science has provided for their measurable, consistent, ever present, omniscient effects.

You're fighting a strawman that looks nothing like me that lives on another planet. Do I need to start mocking you for being a purple carrot and spitting in babies faces for you to realize whst you are doing to me?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Arrogant claims made in pride to self-pleasure is not wisdom or indicative of higher truth.

Of course fools can sometimes learn from wise men. That's the entire foundation of education.

But you didn't answer my question.

So, have you considered that you might be deluded?
Thank you for your opinion of my point on non-duality/duality, it sort of proves my point........:)

Now that is grossly incorrect...the education system can bring out the potential latent in the mind of students to learn...the fools among the students do not respond accordingly...

If you understood what I have said about the dualistic mind....whenever my mind is in the dualistic mode... yes, it is to some degree involved in the maya...

Unification

The evidence for gravity and dark energy is the same. Objects with mass moving.

Nope. I'm stating facts. I've stated the same facts every time and my position has been the same in every post. You must be confused. The facts were true before I knew about them and they're true now. Dark energy and gravity ARE detected and measured the same way...by observing objects moving. Any complaints you have against dark energy you must also levy against gravity.

Why are you suddenly taking about God, here? Off topic!

When something is measured consistently every time we look in every corner of the universe, we understand that force to be a "field" permeating all of existence. The name only matters in that all scientists know they are discussing the same thing. Gravity and dark energy just happen to be the names that were chosen for the two forces that are consistently measured in the manner that qualifies them to receive names. The names COULD HAVE been different, but scientists named them without consulting either you or me.

There is no speculation over the existence of gravity or dark energy. They obviously exist and are detectable by measuring the movement of objects with mass. We certainly don't know how either gravity or dark energy work, so it might be God, or fairy farts, or leprechaun belches, but you can certainly chose not to believe in either or both.

Again, I'm only explaining the facts about dark energy and gravity. It's not like you're going to a lake of fire if you don't want to believe in a scientific fact of two.

Unification

Is the fact that from nothing one can derive +1 and -1 magical?

Hey raw, how are you bud?

In mathematics, nothing correlates to zero as you've said.

The initial abstract thoughts or ideas of any mathematics popped into a human being... I suppose those thoughts/ideas arose/manifested spontaneously/magically from......?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Actually ,science does say that something can come from nothing. It happens all the time!
1-1=0 .....0=1-1 . Nothing (zero) separated into positive and negative .
That is an abstraction....abstractions are conceptualizations....mental constructs....abstractions are used in science but are not science per se....

Tao = Yang (+) and Ying (-)

yinyang.jpg

Last edited:

Unification

Thank you for your opinion of my point on non-duality/duality, it sort of proves my point........:)

Now that is grossly incorrect...the education system can bring out the potential latent in the mind of students to learn...the fools among the students do not respond accordingly...

If you understood what I have said about the dualistic mind....whenever my mind is in the dualistic mode... yes, it is to some degree involved in the maya...

I suppose many students are more inclined to want to know outer space rather than their inner space. . but until they learn their own inner space first, they'll struggle to become aware that what's inner is outer and what's outer is inner. . seeing the outer macrocosm space as separate and different than their inner microcosm space.

prometheus11

Yes....I'm just not interested in claims about your mind.

prometheus11

I suppose many students are more inclined to want to know outer space rather than their inner space. . but until they learn their own inner space first, they'll struggle to become aware that what's inner is outer and what's outer is inner. . seeing the outer macrocosm space as separate and different than their inner microcosm space.

I am extremely interested in consciousness, myths from many cultures, and a plethora of spiritualities. I have a new, deep, abiding sense of spirituality and unity with the universe and my fellow beings most days of the week.

I'm not about to start talking out of my azz about it, though, and lie about what scientific propositions lay out the most consistent and practical models for our shared reality. That'd be like unclothing and pleasuring myself in at a public fountain in the mall.

prometheus11

"But you didn't answer my question.

So, have you considered that you might be deluded?"

Lol. That wasn't me asking about your mind. Lol. That was me asking about a particular thought. Lol.

Yes. I consider that I might be deluded. Not a lot, but often.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Lol. That wasn't me asking about your mind. Lol. That was me asking about a particular thought. Lol.

Yes. I consider that I might be deluded. Not a lot, but often.
I reduce my delusion by having less well defined expectations or hopes about future outcomes in life....that way mental bubbles representing deluded future reality are not burst by reality revealing them to be in error as often ....I try and keep my expectations general and fluid day by day.....no dogma....