• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Shad

Veteran Member
They pretend they do not, which they do.

Many people treat ideas of science as absolutes. There shouldn't but it happens.

Bud, you're just trying to fill in gaps by creating another imaginary friend... gravitons are "hypothetical" particles. You believe in their existence. . which is fine.

I created nothing. Gravtons are hypothetical with less evidence than dark matter and energy, which says a lot about the idea. I treat is at such which is to wait and see.

Saying gravity is a force is not accurate as you've shown that it is subject to change.

Never said a force could not be changed.

Already has based on belief with classical Newtonian to relativity.

I am not using Newtonian physics to explain gravity. I used relativity as I mentioned space-time. Newton never spoke of space-time at all

You believe that gravity is a force. I don't see the need to keep dancing around this.

It is a well reasoned conclusion.

Shad

Veteran Member
Correct, never said that you did. I applied that into what "I" said.

No since I was talking about dark matter not dark energy. I never spoke of dark energy so you linking a conclusion about one subject with a different one does not follow.

Correction, those that do not believe the universe is accelerating don't assume with the commonly perceived thoughts, ideas, beliefs, appearance that it is.

The just disagree with established physics and evidence.

[quoteWhat you claim as the end all and known could very easily be an illusion.[/QUOTE]

Could be. However one still needs to falsify those views for your point to have merit.

Shad

Veteran Member
That would make your points having no merit since you've never addressed dark energy once and it was all that I was referring to.

No you mentioned dark matter a number of times. You went along with my discussion about matter. So my points have merit when it comes to dark matter. You changing your mind 3 or 4 days later is pointless.

I have not played along with it. Correct, "you" picked the wrong one.

By continuing to engage my comments about dark matter you are in fact going along with my dialogue.

We would agree on dark matter. Although they are attempting to "detect it" ... not measure it.

Detecting it will allow measurements

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Nice bit of evasion!
Look spiny....do you not ever have anything constructive or interesting to contribute to RF other than incessant snide comments. You identification with Dr Evil is becoming realized, the incarnation of, nothing but sneering scorn seems ever seems to flow from your typing fingers and mental state....and all the while there is an unspeakable glory awaiting your discovery if you would but awaken to the glorious destiny of who and what you really are..... The hour is late but there is still time....art is for a long time, life is but for a short time, so leave your mark, it is your art of life...

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Exactly like gravity.

Do you have the same problems with gravity that you do with dark energy?

Unless you're a hypocrite, you MUST!
no problem here....
I see an effect and then decide to the cause....

The universe is the effect and God is the Cause.

ArtieE

no problem here....
I see an effect and then decide to the cause....

The universe is the effect and God is the Cause.
Earthquakes are the effect and Poseidon is the cause, thunder is the effect and Thor is the cause. That kind of reasoning doesn't make any sense no matter which God or effect you put in.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Earthquakes are the effect and Poseidon is the cause, thunder is the effect and Thor is the cause. That kind of reasoning doesn't make any sense no matter which God or effect you put in.
I lean to science....cause and effect....
if you are able.....please do likewise.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Look spiny....do you not ever have anything constructive or interesting to contribute to RF other than incessant snide comments. .

I have lots of constructive and interesting things to contribute on RF. I'm not sure you do though.