• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Harry Potter Satanic?

kashmir

Its fiction :facepalm:

Was the Jerry the mouse a sadist for causing all that pain on Tom the cat?? :sarcastic:

kashmir

Of course it is. I never said otherwise. :rolleyes: My grandmother considers it Satanic -- I'm just curious what people on this forum think. If you don't like the subject, you don't have to participate.

Why do you attack and take offense to anyone who says things you disagree with?

Harry Potter is fiction is has no real title of satan or such.
End of story.
Its fiction.

Nymphs

Why do you attack and take offense to anyone who says things you disagree with?

I wasn't attacking, I was giving an explanation of why I started such a thread. Why do you follow me in everyone of my threads? :cover:

Harry Potter is fiction is has no real title of satan or such.
End of story.
Its fiction.

That's nice, but I know thousands of Christians who would disagree with you. I'm wondering if any of them will chime in here.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's been quite a while since this question was raised.

Look at the arc of the stories. There was evil in the stories in the "death eaters" and Voldemort who lusted after power, enjoyed inflicting suffering, promoted hatred and so forth.

There are many discussions of the Christian symbolism in the stories but I've not posted enough to be able to post them here yet. Search for: Harry Potter Christian symbolism Deathly Hallows on the internet.

kashmir

I wasn't attacking, I was giving an explanation of why I started such a thread. Why do you follow me in everyone of my threads? :cover:

Coming from someone who creates tops of threads and then claims we are stalking you?
I am posting on a ton of threads, not just yours. :facepalm:
Plus, you even created a thread quoting me, so I cant post on that one either?
BTW, did I post on your one thread wanting poly views only?

Seriously, what is your beef?
You only seem to like people who agree with you to post on your threads and play victim over and over, when people have opposing views to your views.
wow. :confused:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Is Harry Potter Satanic? Absolutely!
"But as wild as children are about Harry, no one is happier about the phenomenon than old-school Satanists, who were struggling to recruit new members prior to the publication of the first Potter book in 1997.

"Harry is an absolute godsend to our cause," said High Priest Egan of the First Church Of Satan in Salem, MA. "An organization like ours thrives on new blood—no pun intended—and we've had more applicants than we can handle lately. And, of course, practically all of them are virgins, which is gravy."

With membership in Satanic temples reaching critical mass in some areas, many children have been forced to start their own organizations to worship the Lord Of Lies. Houston 11-year-old Bradley Winters, who purchased Goblet Of Fire with his own allowance money at the stroke of midnight on July 8, organized his own club, Potterites To Destroy Jesus, with his neighborhood pals. An admission fee of $6.66 grants membership to any applicant willing to curse the name of God and have a lightning bolt carved into his or her forehead with an iron dagger."
source

kashmir

Um...didn't Harry get baptised as an infant by his magical parents?

That seems rather...un-Satanic.

It was trickery, he is turning all the souls of men who read the books, against God and then selling those souls to satan himself.
That is why the books are so popular, satan is good at his job ;) :clap

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Explain.

My vote is a big, fact, *******, NO!

Depends on who you ask.

I chose not to attach such meaning (or receive such) from the books and movies. The themes of friendship, loyalty and love, in my opinion, are of greater relevance than the magical elements. Admittedly, I thought that Alan Rickman made one good (looking) Snape.

Though, I don't internalize such media as being Satanic (or at least not purposefully Satanic), I understand the expressed disdain and disagreeance by some who reject the movies and books, deeming them to be such.

Nymphs

It's been quite a while since this question was raised.

Look at the arc of the stories. There was evil in the stories in the "death eaters" and Voldemort who lusted after power, enjoyed inflicting suffering, promoted hatred and so forth.

There are many discussions of the Christian symbolism in the stories but I've not posted enough to be able to post them here yet. Search for: Harry Potter Christian symbolism Deathly Hallows on the internet.

While I can search on the internet, I am interested in the opinions and ideas of the users here on this forum. :yes:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The author is a Christian.

In the old texts of the Bible it speaks negatively about witchcraft because they thought it was real (you have to kill witches, it says), so fundamentalist and in some cases conservative Christians and perhaps some other conservative religious groups have a problem with magic/sorcery/witchcraft being showed in fiction.

But less conservative religious authors like CS Lewis, Tolkien, and in this case Rowling have no problem using fun fantasy elements in their stories.