• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Harry Potter Satanic?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
That doesn't mean it's 'satanic', have you read the 'satanist' threads and forums here? Do they seem similar?no..

That being said, I've only seen a couple H.Potter movies, and haven't read the books.

i guess when i think of 'satan', im thinking of all the things he encompasses.

witchcraft is certainly something originating with Satan. So a movie about witchcraft, to me, spells Satan.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Harry Potter is about the battle between good and Evil set in a fictional world of magic.
It has many references to the real world of good and evil people.
It is certainly not satanic.

the Bible contains far more references to Satan than the Harry potter Books.

except that Harry Potter glorifies magic and witchraft and gives the impression that 'good guys' can practice witchcraft just as well as the bad guys.

So its kind of setting the tone that witchcraft is not always bad....whereas in the bible, witchcraft is always bad because the power of witchcraft (whether you believe its true or not) is made possible by Satan and the demons.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

witchcraft is certainly something originating with Satan. So a movie about witchcraft, to me, spells Satan.

I don't see it like that, because there is fantasy category that can involve magic etc., doesn't make it satanic.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
can i cook a fish soup without it being fishy?

See, it's the same thing with the holiday argument, you're equating too much with Satanism, when it's really not.

As for the soup, you probably could get pretty unfishy soup with the right ingredients, question is, why would you want to.
p/s/ fish soup? not something I generally eat.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

So, I suppose that makes Magic: The Gathering "Satanic" too, right?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
See, it's the same thing with the holiday argument, you're equating too much with Satanism, when it's really not.

As for the soup, you probably could get pretty unfishy soup with the right ingredients, question is, why would you want to.
p/s/ fish soup? not something I generally eat.

ever had a Scottish Cullen Skink soup?

All i can say is if you ever get the privelege to experience it, you will never forget it.

;)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So, I suppose that makes Magic: The Gathering "Satanic" too, right?

magic and witchcraft is his thing. I can't separate the two.

Its like trying to separate the alcohol from an alcoholic beer. The drink is both, beer and alcohol. You can't separate them.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
No, but it sounds really good. Mmm gotta try it!

I highly recommend it. Its not a chowder btw.... some cooks might try to pass off a chowder as a cullen skink, but a true cullen skink is so much more then a chowder.

Nymphs

its a show about witchcraft and sorcery, so yes.

First of all, they were books first. ;)

Second, would you consider the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe or Lord of the Rings Satanic as well?

Also, what about them is Satanic?

Nymphs

You know the movies/books isn't actually all about witchcraft and magic, right? That is just a backdrop to the story.

Nymphs

except that Harry Potter glorifies magic and witchraft and gives the impression that 'good guys' can practice witchcraft just as well as the bad guys.

Why shouldn't the good guys have the same abilities as the bad guys? They are all human after all...

Nymphs

Its like trying to separate the alcohol from an alcoholic beer. The drink is both, beer and alcohol. You can't separate them.

Actually you can. There is now non-alcoholic beers available.

:sorry1: NOT :sorry1: